In the Adult World (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVED that, especially ......

 but he’d never seen her such a shadow of her usual self.She seemed content to just sit there in silence, not wanting to have anything to do with anyone.

 “Xav was here when we got here but he decided he couldn’t take the happy vibe as well.”

 you two can… have my room.”

Dexter raised an eyebrow.“Wow.And you almost said that without grimacing.Nice work, Dad.”

 .“I bet that was why he called her in last night.And I told her to go, like the idiot I am.I was actually pleased things seemed to be going well for her, that that Martin was letting her in on cases.”

“So…this is good for her job then?”

Ric sighed.“Oh yeah, it’s good for her job.Not so sure about mine.”

 .“Casey’s back?”

Xavier couldn’t help smiling.He wasn’t sure if Ruby had had a chance to talk to Casey when he’d come back the previous year.It looked like the fact she’d cheated on him with Romeo was still very much on her mind.“I think he’s over you by now.”

“Right.Yes.Of course.”Ruby cleared her throat, embarrassed.

 cos they’re my family, but I’m just no good at that sort of stuff.”

Romeo sat down next to her.“Well, I don’t think any of us are really.You’ve just kind of got to muddle through.But I’m sure they’d want you up there with them.”

“Yeah, well, I’m guessing I’m just a horrible person because I don’t want to be up there with them.”

“You’re not horrible.It’s…it’s this whole thing that’s horrible.But people have a way of working through things.You just need to hang in there, okay?”

He put an arm round her shoulders and she lent her head against him, her crying ceasing.