In the Adult World (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

2 REALLY ACE updates !!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY LOOOOOOOOVED that, especially ......

 Indi gave a shy smile.“They were a bit, yeah.”

“Were?”Romeo repeated.

“Well, things kind of got derailed by your near death experience and since then we’ve been getting on fine but…let’s just say there hasn’t been any more lip action.”

Romeo gave her a sympathetic face.“Anything I can do to help?”

“Lock me in a room with him for a couple of hours?”She saw Romeo looking thoughtful.“That was a joke!”

“Yeah, I know, but…I’ve been planning a surprise for Ruby.”

Indi was confused by the sudden change of subject.“So?”

“So…maybe it can be a surprise for Xavier as well.”

 Matilda linked her arm around his.“I’ve missed this,”she said quietly,“You’re not just my husband, you’re my oldest friend.Not being able to talk to you feels wrong.”

Ric kissed her on the side of the head.“Yeah.I’ve missed you too.”

“Let’s make sure next time we have a problem, we deal with it together.”

 “Oh, so who lives here then?”

Romeo held up a bunch of keys.

Xavier’s eyes slowly widened in understanding.“No way.”

Romeo led the way up the stairs to the top flat.“I figured Ruby and I needed somewhere to live once we get married so I’ve been in touch with an agent.Rent isn’t bad, my shifts at the garage and our student loans should just about cover it.”

“Does Ruby know?”

“Nope.I’m planning to surprise her.”Romeo pushed the door open and ushered Xavier in.

Indi was standing in the middle of the front room.“Surprise,”she told Xavier nervously.

“I’ll just go and get Ruby now.”Romeo glanced at Indi.“I’ll be about half an hour.”He closed the door, leaving the two of them alone.

Indi looked at Xavier awkwardly.“I think we kind of need to talk.”

 Indi took a deep breath.“I’m sorry I pushed you away after Jane died.”

“Well, I’m sorry I let you.”

“So much changed in such a short space of time and we were both hurting badly.I thought it would make things easier if I didn’t have to deal with you.”

“Look, I was the one that moved out.I should have made more of an effort.”

Indi shook his head.“I wouldn’t have let you.I think I needed to lose you to realise that that’s not really what I want.And I really love you.”

“I really love you too.”Xavier paused.“Do we need to talk some more or do you want to get back to..?”

“Hell, yeah.”They began kissing even more enthusiastically and toppled off the couch

 Ruby got a brief glimpse of an open door and the tangle of discarded clothes and naked bodies beyond it as Romeo removed his hands from her eyes before he slammed the door shut again.“Was that the surprise?”she asked.

“Just think of it as a temporary delay.”Romeo banged on the door.“If you two could tell us when you’re done…”

“Yep, just give us a few seconds!”called back a voice that Ruby recognised as Xavier’s.

Romeo and Ruby stood fidgeting at the top of the stairs for another minute until Xavier and Indi emerged, still pulling on the last of their clothes, looking incredibly embarrassed and incredibly happy at the same time.“Hey, Rube,”Indi greeted her as they walked past.

“Thanks for letting us use your flat,”Xavier added.

Ruby stared after them openmouthed for a few seconds before turning back to Romeo.“Did he say…our flat?”

Romeo gestured through the doorway as impressively as he could manage.“Surprise.”

 “About the fact that…we just had sex and…we weren’t even careful.And given what you said last time we tried that…”

Indi held his hands tightly but let their arms swing loose.“I don’t think either of us is going to forget Jane,”she said at last,“But I want to have another baby one day and I want you to be the father.”

 Ruby was running around the flat like a kid in a sweet shop, looking in every cupboard and corner. “Is this really ours?”

“You like it then?”

“I really like it,”Ruby agreed,“It reminds me of when we had our own place in Perth.Except we didn’t have Julia then.”

Romeo gestured to one of the doors.“Baby’s bedroom is just through there.”

“Can we afford this?”

“Yeah, I think so.So long as you cut down on the nail treatments.”

Ruby hit him on the arm.“I do not go overboard on nail treatments.”She hugged him.“I love it and I love you.”She gave him a lingering kiss on the lips.

“And you’re not too bothered about the fact that Xavier and Indi just, well, christened it?”

Ruby kissed him again, even more intensely this time.“I guess we’ll just have to do a lot of christening ourselves,”she replied as she led him towards the bedroom.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOOOOOOVED that, especially …..

 “Xavier, get up.”

Xavier shifted slightly as the voice broke through his sleep.“In a minute,”he muttered.

“You don’t really have a minute.”

Xavier thought hard.“Is something important happening today?”

“Only that I’m getting married and you’re supposed to be best man.”

 “Surprisingly good, actually.I thought I’d be all nervous and wracked with doubts and having nightmares about still being with her when we’re old and wrinkly and got seventeen grandchildren running around the place but…actually I really want to be married to her.”

 Charlie had been putting on her bridesmaid dress in her room.When she came out, she was confronted by the sight of Ruby in her wedding dress.Ruby spread her arms nervously.“How do I look?”

Charlie felt a prickling sensation behind her eyes.“All grown up,”she commented before grabbing her daughter in an impromptu hug.

“Mum, you’re creasing the dress!”Ruby protested.

“Sorry.”Charlie released her.“Just…promise me you’ll be happy, Ruby, okay?”

Ruby nodded.“I promise.”

“Hey there!”Nicole called as she came through from the kitchen, already in her dress.Miles was with her.She kissed Ruby on the cheek.“Wow, you look amazing.”

“No need to sound so surprised,”Ruby replied in mock admonishment.

Nicole patted Miles’ arm.“Found someone wandering around outside.”

“I was trying not to intrude!”Miles protested.He turned back to Ruby.“Are you sure you want me to give you away?”

“Miles…do you remember when Romeo and I first got together?When Mum was giving us the third degree and Nicole was slapping us both round the face?”

“Could have done without being reminded of that today,”Nicole sighed.

“And even though you told us we’d done the wrong thing, you let us sit at the table and eat breakfast like a proper couple.That meant a lot.”

“Bet you never knew you were that great, Miles,”Charlie commented.

Miles looked at Ruby and gave her a slight smile.“Then it will be an honour to walk you down the aisle.”

 The next few minutes were a blur, even though every detail remained etched on their minds.There were vows and rings, tears and smiles.All of it leading up to nine words that would change their lives.

“I now pronounce that you are husband and wife.”

Their first kiss as a married couple felt like their best yet.

 A large crowd gathered outside the reception to see them off.Charlie had taken over holding Julia as Ruby said a worried goodbye.“Remember, if she so much as sniffles wrong, I want to be told.”

“I promise I’ll keep a chart,”Charlie told her.

 “Actually, I was hoping to get a dance with the mother of the bride here.”

Charlie noticed Ruby’s suggestive look.“We’re just friends,”she promised.

“When’s she going to throw the bouquet?”Colleen grumbled.

“Here, Colleen, catch!”Ruby responded, tossing the flowers in the air.

They sailed over Colleen’s head and landed in Indigo’s arms.

Romeo grinned at Xavier.“Result, mate.”

Xavier looked at Indi, locking eyes with her smiling face for a moment, and he smiled too.“I guess so.”He banged his fist against Romeo’s.“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”

“Lots of scope then,”Ruby retorted, before pushing Romeo into the car,“Come on or it’ll be time to come back.”

 Romeo rolled over in bed and caught sight of Ruby staring out the window, still wearing the clothes they’d slept in.“Something on your mind, Mrs.Smith?”he asked.

Ruby shot him a bemused backward look.“Well, for a start, you could have given me a more interesting surname.How about you change your name to Buckton?Romeo Buckton, that’s got a nice ring to it.”

Romeo got out of bed and came up behind her, putting his arms round her waist and gently kissing her neck.“Ruby Smith?I guess we’ll get used to it.”

“Yeah, it’s an odd one.Exotic sounding first name, ordinary sounding last name, how did you cope?”

“So we’re on our honeymoon and the best thing you can think about is name formation?”

 “Do you want to move in with me?”Indi grimaced slightly as she realised what she’d just said.“I was planning to lead up to that.What I mean to say is, we were living together before…well, before everything and I was wondering if you wanted to move back in.”

Xavier considered this.“The two of us living with your dad and your sister?”

“Could be worse, Dexter could still be around.I know it’s not ideal but what else can we do?”

“We could get our own place.”

Indi looked surprised.“You really think we could do that?”

“Why not?You’ve only got a year left at uni and I’ve been working for a while.Okay, it doesn’t pay that well but it’s still work.We can look into it, can’t we?”

Indi was silent for a moment then she smiled.“Well, I guess we’re looking for a place to live then.”