In the Adult World (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coooooooool that Ruby/Romeo are back together !!!! Wonder how this whole legal things will affect Ric's business in future !!!!!

That was ACE, especially ......

 Ruby shook her head.“Not on my agenda.”

“Well it’s time he was!Okay, he kissed another girl but you were meant to be marrying the guy.Has all that really disappeared?”Nicole stared hard at her friend but the effect was spoiled slightly when her phone started ringing.She grimaced.“Stay there,”she told her as she answered it,“Miles, hey! What’s going on?”

Ruby waited until Nicole was looking the other way and then began edging towards the door.

Nicole turned back, a look of horror on her face that stopped Ruby in her tracks.“Ruby, wait!”

Ruby slammed through the door into the hospital waiting room, Nicole just behind her.Xavier, Indigo, Sasha and Mink all stood up as they approached.“How is he?”Ruby asked

 Ruby felt like she needed to sit down.She slid into a chair, the others following suit.“Where’s Julia?”Mink asked her,“You didn’t leave her on the bus or anything?”

Ruby shook her head.“I dropped her off with Charlie.”

“And I left George with Aden,”Nicole amended,“We both wanted to get down here as soon as possible.”

Sasha had been looking awkwardly at Ruby since her appearance.“He’s been a mess without you,” she said at last,“That kiss, that was all down to me, not him.It’s you that he wants.”

Ruby managed a grateful smile.She knew it must have been hard for Sasha to admit that.“Thanks.”

Sid emerged from the examination room and everyone stood up again.“He’s going to be fine,”he reassured them,“His lungs are clear and the bump on his head isn’t too serious.We’re just going to keep him in overnight for observation.”

 Romeo blinked in surprise when Ruby entered his room.“Am I hallucinating because of the pain medication or something?”he asked.Ruby ran over to him, kissing him hard on the lips for several seconds before hugging him.“If I am, I don’t want to stop,”he concluded.

Ruby released him.“I’m sorry,”she said quietly,“I’ve been such a cow, I should have got in touch with you sooner.”

“I’m sorry too,”Romeo echoed,“I should have pushed Sasha off straightaway.”

“Well, I should have given you a chance to explain.”Ruby gave a rueful smile.“We can be pretty rubbish sometimes, can’t we?”

Romeo held her hand gently.“So are we still getting married?”

Ruby nodded.“If you’ll still have me.”

He kissed her lightly on the lips.“Trust me, if it meant we could get married I’d get hit on the head a dozen or more times.”

 Ric placed the letter from the suppliers in front of her.“Read that.”

Matilda scanned the contents and then looked up at him in shock.“This..?”

“It’s what I fitted to Linda’s car, yeah.It just slipped my mind.”

“Ric!”Matilda looked at him, stricken.“I should give this to Martin, it’s evidence for our case.”

“I know.I’ve messed up and I don’t know what to do.Mattie…Mattie, can you help me?Please.”

Matilda looked at him long and hard.Finally, she nodded.“I’ll see what I can do.”

 “Mr.Dalby is prepared to acknowledge blame and make an out of court settlement.”

“Five thousand dollars,”Ric interjected.

Linda was still uncertain.“Martin told me he’s your husband.If you’re just trying to get him out of trouble…”

“I admit that does play a part,”Matilda conceeded,“But you’re my client and what I’m telling you is the truth.Ric’s making you a firm offer, which you’ll get as soon as you sign the papers accepting the compensation.You could go to court anyway and you’d probably win.There’s a slim chance you could lose.There’s also a chance you could be offered more.Or you could be offered less and still have to pay the extra solicitor’s fees.I guess it’s up to you whether you think it’s worth it.”

Linda looked at Ric.“You admit it was your fault?”

“Absolutely.”

“Well, I guess that’s all I wanted.I’ll accept the deal.”

I found that chapter very amusing Xavier and Indi getting caught in the act. I loved Romeo slamming the door shut and waiting outside with Ruby. Well in a way Ruby got a surprise just not the one Romeo was planning. :lol:I wonder if Indi is going to be pregnant.