In the Adult World (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ruby/Indi chat was just SUBLIME !!!! Yeah, that was ACE, esepcailly ......

 “Jane.”Indi looked over her shoulder at him.“I want to call her Jane.”

 Xavier just shrugged.He felt too powerless to do anything else.“

 Indi turned over and looked at her.“What can you do?”

“I don’t know.But I can try.”

“Can you give me my baby back?”There were tears in Indi’s eyes as she said it.

Sasha felt tears in her own eyes.“No.”

“Then there’s nothing you can do.”

 Ruby made her way cautiously into the room.“Indi?”She sighed.“I’m trying really hard not to say the wrong thing here because everything I come up with just sounds stupid.I know that you’re not all right and I know I’ve got no idea what you’re going through.But…if you need a friend, I’m here, okay?”

“What was it like?”Indi asked suddenly.

Ruby stared at her, confused.“What was what like?”

“When you gave birth to Julia.How did it feel?”

Ruby was worried about how her response would sound but she knew Indi wanted honesty from her. “Well, it was painful but…I guess it was amazing.I was handed this little baby that was a part of me and Romeo and, I dunno, I guess I just felt this sudden rush of something, like I knew if anyone ever tried and harmed her I’d kill them.”

Indi nodded.“Me too.When I looked at…at Jane, I knew that she’d been counting on me and Xavier to look after her.But we couldn’t, could we?I couldn’t.”

Ruby went over to her friend and put her arms round her as Indi sobbed on her shoulder.

 “Fine,”she claimed but she could tell he wasn’t convinced.“A friend of mine had some bad news earlier.”

“Oh.Well, I was going to ask you to sit in on a client with me but if you’re not up to it…”

“It’s fine,”Matilda insisted,“I’m all good.”

 .“We can’t take this case!”

“Why not?She seems to have a prima face case.I intend to represent her.I’d be happy for you to assist me but if you feel the personal conflict is too great you’re welcome to step down.It’s up to you.”

That was coooooooooooooool, especially ......

 Matilda raised an eyebrow.“It’s Linda now, is it?”

“I don’t think my being on familiar terms with the client is really the issue here.”Martin held the envelope out.“Are you going to take this or not?”

Grimacing as she did so, Matilda took it from his grasp and headed out of the office.

 “Eric Dalby?”she interrupted, her tone formal.

Ric looked at her perplexed.“Mattie, what’s up?”

“I’m from the law firm representing Linda Conway.She’s instructed us to serve you with this.”She handed him the envelope then turned on her heel and made a rapid exit from the garage.

Romeo looked on in confusion as Ric opened the envelope and looked at its contents.“What’s going on?”

Ric looked up, bewildered.“We’re being sued,”he explained,“And…my wife is their solicitor.”

 “I lost a baby, Xavier.That doesn’t mean I need you wrapping me up in cotton wool or patronising me or…”

 And even though he’d suggested it, part of Xavier was disappointed that she hadn’t said no.

 Xavier waited until he was alone, then took a series of deep breaths.He was not going to cry.He was going to stay strong for Indi’s sake, he had to.

He was not going to cry.