My Saving Grace (by RoRo90) - comments

Inactive User

That was INTENSE !!!!! LOOVED it, especially ......

 The music, her cries, her plea, and the devilish grin he had plastered on his face, like a shot everything about that night surfaced in Charlie's mind. Shaking her head aggressively she desperately tried to rid the memories somehow some way, but still they ran coldly through her mind paralysing her glare as her eyes burned holes in him.

 As if having stung with a dose of energy, Charlie darted in the opposite direction. Her heart was now racing at ten thousand to a dozen, her ears ringing with her cries and pleas from that dreadful night. Her legs almost left her behind in an attempt to escape her past that had now found her present. Oblivious to the voices that had been shouting her name, Charlie jumped in fright as the girls caught up to her, surrounding her in an attempt to get her to stop. Stopping, her weight became too much for her legs as she finally broke down crashing hard against the sand below her feet. All three friends immediately dropped down besides her staring at her with increasingly worried eyes. Her body trembled as the sound of her heavy breathing roared through the air, the sharpness of the evening wind hit against her cheeks sending shockwaves through her flesh.

 "Grant he's here" Ross stumbled back, as her words hit against his ears. Elise moved closer to her daughter as the shook of what she had just heard sent cold shivers through her skin, her throat dried up ceasing access of the words she wanted to speak. Praying his ageing mind had deceived him Ross spoke in a whisper

 "Where is he... Charlie WHERE IS HE?" Ross's anger now stood above all other emotions

"No dad please don't"

"Charlie tell me where you saw him... was it at the beach?" Charlie's silence spoke loudly as Ross Instantly turned towards the door. Reaching for the handle, he stopped dead in his tracks at the sound of his pleading daughter's voice

"Please dad", her words barely leaving her lips

Turing around slowly, Ross walked over to Charlie gently pulling her to her feet as he instantly embraced her in a hug, "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry",a tear rolled down Ross's cheek as he held tightly onto her wanting to take away all the hurt Grant had caused her.

 Charlie's heart began to race at the mention of Brax's name, her tears stinging her eyes as she pictured his mesmerising green eyes, that beautiful smile and those dimples of his that defiled the laws of gravity as they stole the balance from her legs even on solid ground. Her thought's were cruelly overcome by the shooting pain that ripped through her body as she saw Grants face.

 "Please we have to... I have too, please"

Ross and Elise looked at each other unsure of how they were going to make this work, but knowing they couldn't deny her of her request. Elise nodded at Ross

 Charlie stared down at his words as a tear hit the screen of her phone. Curling up on her bed she drew the phone closer to her chest as she spoke

"I love you too" she whispered to herself.

Not thinking it was possible in that moment Charlie hated Grant more than ever. Not only had he brutally stolen her innocence almost five years ago and turned her life upside down, but here he was once again in her present and he was taking something else away from her. LOVE

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to be honest and say I only starting reading this because I was bored at work BUT I'm so glad I did. LOVE this story and your writting. I read the whole story today

However some chapters need warnings because I was just about crying at my desk. :unsure:

Can't wait for the next update

Edited by helen2289