My Saving Grace (by RoRo90) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update,

From the start of the update it sounds like Elsie and Ross have passed away :(!!

Loved the idea of how ruby found out about her parentage, and her calling charlie mum in that update was very sweet also :wub:!!

The fact that Brax didn't read the letter, because to him the unknown was a better reality, was a nice touch I thought:)!!

I'm a bit worried by the ending that my chax reunion is going to be ruined by this new girlfriend :angry:!!

More REALLY soon please :D

Such a fab amazing update! Love it!! :wub:

Can't believe he never opened her letter :o Liked how Ruby knew it was them on the beach and loved all the emotion and Brax obviously still in love with his girl even with all the unanswered questons.

Really excited and eager for more! Brilliant writing...thanks very much for sharing and please update soon :wub:

WAAAAAAAY enjoyed that, especially …..

 "Are you sure?" asked Ruby, she knew the question she was asking wasn't about her making sure Charlie was ready, it was more about herself. Letting go and saying a final goodbye wasn't something she was sure she was ready to do yet, maybe never. Charlie knew Ruby too much to miss the hesitancy in her voice that almost resembled fear

 Although she had only been at the hospital for a little over twenty minutes, Charlie felt as though days had passed her by.

 Ruby smiled at Charlie "I'm sorry but you're not getting rid of me that easily", Elise and Ross laughed lightly along with Charlie at her words. Looking at Charlie as she closely studied Ruby, Elise wondered how Ruby hadn't figured it out yet. Surly she could see that Charlie's love and protectiveness exceeded that of a sister. Each passing day the resemblance between the two of them grew more and more, and their similarities even surprised the people around them.

 Soon after, the same doctor walked back into Ruby's room, causing Charlie to dart up from where she was seated as she began throwing questions at him. Unfortunately the doctor refused to discuss the problem without the presence of either Ross or Elise. Getting more frustrated at his constant refusal to give her a straight answer to any of her questions Charlie's patience began growing thin as her parents had yet to return. Although the doctor was a little taken aback by Charlie's behaviour it was nothing Ruby hadn't seen before. Charlie had always been protective of her, but they were very close and Ruby had put it down to the fact that apart from their parents they only had each other.

"I don't understand why you can't just tell me, you already know I'm family I don't see what the problem is" Charlie continued to protest

"Like I said we need to address her parents on this issue"

"OK... so tell me then" by now Charlie's words were no longer registered in her mind before she spoke

Sighing lightly the doctor responded "You're not her parent, I need..." Almost as if being taken over by an unknown force, Charlie's words left her lips without warning

"But I'm her mum", Charlie hands rapidly flew to her mouth as she realised what she had just said. Keeping her back turned to Ruby she hoped the young girl had missed her words but unfortunate such luck refused to grace Charlie with its presence

 It all made so much sense now, the way Charlie always acted, her overbearing protectiveness and their uncanning resemblance that had been pointed out by others on more than countable occasions.

 Charlie remembered how long it had taken before Ruby had even acknowledged her existence after that day. It was precisely Three weeks and two days, she remembered Ruby's questions, all the whys; Charlie wanted nothing more than to protect her from the truth but she knew too well that lying to her would only cause more trouble. She remembered her daughter's tears as she revealed to her how she had been conceived. It broke her heart seeing her in such pain and distress; she sat as she watched her twelve year old daughter cruelly have to take in the information of what had happened to her all those years ago. Deciding not to give a detailed account of what had transpired that night, she knew it still wouldn't take away from what Ruby would have been feeling. She watched as the tears that had filled her eyes slowly made their way down her cheeks. The pain Charlie felt having to tell Ruby about what Grant had done to her seemed to surpass the actual event. After what had happened she never thought she would again get to feel Ruby's embrace, but here they were two years later and closer than they had ever been. Regardless of the time it took to rebuilding their relationship from scratch, if everything they had been through was destined to lead them to this moment then Charlie wouldn't take that time back for the world. Finally pulling away from Charlie, Ruby wiped her tears away before looking around the house for the first time since she entered from the beach