My Saving Grace (by RoRo90) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update,

I did actually think that you would use a time jump, which you did and very effectively I might add :)!!

I too am wondering whether ruby knows the truth abou her parentage??

More really soon please (I really want to know what everyone's reactions will be, especially braxs)!!!

Two REALLY ACE updates !!!!! LOOOOOOOVED it, especially …..

 Has her eyes fluttered open Charlie shifted at the sound coming from the opposite side of her bedroom door. Closing her eyes tightly she tries to capture the dream that had just escaped her, in which her and Brax lay peacefully entwined in each other's arms. In her sleep she had felt safe, being with him holding him, but her eyes quickly flung open as she tried to shake the image of Grant that had now invaded her mind reminding her of the happiness she had once lost and that which she was to lose again. Looking down at herself she lay in the same fetal Position she had drifted off in the night before. Looking down at her hands that were still clung tightly towards her chest, there laid her phone with a new message from Brax

*Hy babe, hope you're felling better will come see you later this afternoon x*

The message brought tears to her eyes as it sat comfortably on the screen, if only he knew he wouldn't get the chance to see her, to say bye to her, but she couldn't stay, seeing him would only make it harder for her to leave and she had to, she needed to get away from that monster. Bringing her back to life Charlie looked up as her mother entered her room.

"Hy", Elise sent her a warm but weary smile, "How you feeling this morning?" Elise needed to know that moving away was what her daughter wanted. They had made too many unchangeable mistakes; she didn't want this to be something else they would live to regret. Knowing the real meaning behind her mother's question, Charlie sat up on her bed.

 "Hy, how you feeling?" Bianca knew that what she had asked was a stupid question. None of the three girls needed to be told that the girl before them was far from fine or ok, but what else could she have said

 "No it's not that", she could feel the palms of her hands sweating as her heart began pounding dangerously against her chest, but she knew she had to tell them, she was desperate to get the consuming weight of her past and secrets of her shoulders.

"We were together for about four months but hadn't slept together, I wanted to be sure I was ready and he didn't seem to mind" the girls stared profoundly at her eagerly but almost afraid to hear the rest of her story. Feeling a lump form in her throat as that night played back in her mind, Charlie took a deep breath in trying to get rid of it as she continued

"W... we went to a party one night and I wasn't feeling too well, so I went and laid down in one of the rooms", her tears had now turned to waterfalls as they ran down her face. Taking another deep breath she felt Martha's grip on her hand tighten.

"After a while G...Grant came in to join me. He was so sympathetic and sweet to start off with but then he started kissing my neck" This time Charlie tightened her grip on Martha's hand looking for the courage to carry on. As she felt Leah's hand on her shoulder she proceeded

"I... I told him n...no, that's when he flipped, it was like he was a totally different person". Charlie noticed that all three girls' eyes were now glazed over with tears; they knew what was coming just as much as she did. But she looked away; she couldn't see them like that especially not when the tears were for her

"He p... pushed me up against the bed, I begged him to stop b... it was like he was no longer himself. At my attempt to scream he put his hand over my mouth as he smiled down at me, I told him to stop, I did... but he... he just wouldn't". By now Charlie could hear the almost silent cries of her friends.

"I felt paralysed, like I was looking down at what was happening to me, I told him no, I promise I did" without warning her legs gave way as she tumbled down onto the sand. Bianca, Leah and Martha quickly followed suit as they dropped besides her trying to stable her, but unsure of what to do. All three girls had let their tears begin to fall freely knowing what was coming, the words she was about to say. Looking up at them Charlie finished off with the little strength she could muster

"He... he ra... raped me, he raped me", Charlie tears filled the rough morning wind like lightening, the waves crashed harshly almost as if they could feel her pain, as the wind hit against her cheeks like knives.

"I said no, I promise I told him to stop" Almost as if communicating with each other mentally all three girls wrapped their arms around Charlie as they let their own tears fall brutally against the sand at the sound of Charlie's pain.

"Charlie we are so sorry", Bianca spoke as she wiped away the tears on Charlie's face

 "You said it happened nearly five years ago?" Martha asked wearily, but somehow working out what her friend was trying to ask Charlie decided to tell them the rest of her story

"Yh it was nearly five years ago, but I dint report it until I found out I was pregnant, but by then it was too late" Leah and Bianca let out a gasp as their hands flew to their mouths

"You... you was pregnant", asked Bianca trying to grasp what Charlie had just revealed to them, Charlie nodded slowly before turning to Martha at the sound of her voice

"Oh my Gd she's yours isn't she?" Martha knew she was right, their uncanning resemblance and all their almost scary similarities, she had to be right. Charlie nodded in response knowing that Martha was talking about Ruby

"Yh she is", Leah and Bianca watched on unsure of what or who Martha were talking about.

"Who is yours?" Asked Bianca,

Looking over at Bianca and Leah Charlie replied

"Ruby", at this both girls let out an even bigger gasp as a knowing look sat upon Martha's face

"Ruby is your daughter? Leah wasn't sure if she had heard correctly

"Yh ruby is my daughter", a small smile broke out on Charlie face as she thought of Ruby, the only good thing to have come out of all her pain.

"But... but", Bianca struggled for the right words, knowing what her friend was struggling to ask Charlie responded

"When I had Ruby, I wasn't coping well, actually I wasn't coping at all, so when mum and dad offered to take full responsibility of her I thought it was the right thing to do, not for me but for Ruby. She deserved better than a mother like me and father like..." she came to a pause unable to continue. The thought of Grant being connected to her beautiful innocent daughter in any way made her stomach churn. All her friends sat before her trying to take inall Charlie had just told them.

 "You guys have to promise me you won't tell a soul aboutany of what I told you today, not even Jack or Miles and Brax especially Brax" All three girls responded at the same time

"We promise"

 "I don't wants to go, I wants to stay here", Ruby cried as her mother loaded the car with the last of the things they were taking along with them

"Ruby we have to ok"

"No, I no go" Ruby ran over to Charlie hiding behind her legs "Lottie tell mummy we no go" Ruby let a tear roll down her cheeks. Bending down to her level Charlie pulled Ruby close to her

"Dad got a new job so we have to go so we can be with him. I know, how about you come in my car with me?"

Ruby looked up as Charlie wiped her tear from her cheek

"But I no get to see Casey no mores and Bwax and Eat"

"I'm sure we will come back one day and you will get to see them again", Ruby pondered it for a while

"Lottie pwomise", Ruby held her pinkie finger up

"Yh I promise", Charlie wrapped her pinkie finger around Ruby's as she pulled her in for a hug.

"Ready to go?" Elise approached the girls, Ruby nodded her head

"Yh but I go with Lottie"

"Are you sure?" Elise looked over at Charlie

"Yh" Charlie put Ruby car seat in her car strapping her in as she closed the door

"Ok now drive safe"

"Mum we'll be fine we're gonna be right behind you" Elsie smiled at her daughter as she made her way towards her car. Standing still for a moment, Charlie took in the beauty and the fresh air of Summer Bay, remembering all the wonderful memories she had made there and how big a difference it had made in her life, walking up to her front door she placed the envelope down hoping Brax would find it. Now sitting in her car she took a deep breath as she started the engine, this is it she thought, this was finally it.

"Lottie music pwease" Charlie laughed at Ruby before turning the radio on and Drove out of Summer Bay. Looking at the summer Bay sign that now read 'thank you for coming to Summer Bay' Charlie wiped her tear away, she was the one that should have been saying thank you, this placed had returned laughter and happiness into her life. It had had taken the darkness in her life and shone light upon it, it had given her unbreakable friendships but most of all it had given her love, the kind of love many people were never blessed enough to have experienced and for that she was thankful. But her past had once again taken away her happiness and brought back the shallow darkness she had worked so hard to escape, and for this she would never forgive Grant. He had managed to take her away from the one thing that gave her back her life 'BRAX'. Looking down at her wrist, she admired the Bracelet that Brax had given her, reading the words on the pendant she smiled grievously to herself hoping that one day even if just for a slit second she would get to see his beautiful face once again.

Knowing Brax wouldn't have yet finished work; Ross made his way over to the Braxton's house before leaving Summer Bay. He parked outside the front knowing that this may very well Break Brax, but hoped he would somehow find the strength to move on. Unsure of how it had happened or when, Ross now saw the three Braxton boys as family, he cared for them, worried about them and prayed for the best for them. He had found sons in all three boys, but now he had to leave, Charlie was his number one priority and for her he had to do this. He walked to the front door placing both envelopes in front of the door before making his way back to his car. He hoped Brax would do as the letter instructed and would find solace in knowing that if either he or

 Elise had another choice they wouldn't be leaving. Sat back in his car Ross started the engine as he too made his way to the city saying goodbye to summer bay.

 Ten years later

 Sighing lightly as she hung up the phone, she began rethinking the decision she was making. Was she right in going back, Could she face all the questions that she had left unanswered to so many people. What was she to say, how was she supposed to explain the blackness that had left her life for a season only to return unannounced sending her down that same lonely path that she had once departed from? There was no denying that even as the years had slowly but surely passed she had failed to fill the void that she had created by her actions, she had caused her own heart to break when she ran. Losing herself in her thoughts she wondered, was she such a coward that she couldn't have mustered up the courage to fight instead of fleeing or was it truly the fear that she had carried around since she met him, the fear of seeing another emotion other than love in the eyes of the person she had fallen so deeply in love with. She was sure her breath would have forever escaped her if she saw anger or disgust in his eyes and surly that would have been the result had he found out... wouldn't it? She kept him in the dark out of fear of him leaving her but this same fear still managed to take her away from him.

"You ready?" a smile broke out on her face as she looked up at the beautiful girl that stood before her, "Come on we should have left time ago", the young girl ushered her to her feet

"Someone's keen" she laughed at the young girl's eagerness

"I know, now come on", the young girl pulled her along as they made their way out of the house, and back to the place that had once brought them both happiness.

 "Thank you" Unsure of what the young girl was referring to she took a quick but confused glance in her direction

"For what?" she asked

"For keeping your promise" the young girl replied. Still confused as to what exactly it was they were talking about, she raised her eyebrow...

"What promise?"

"When we left you promised me that we would come back one day... so thank you for keeping your promise", the young girl smiled over at her

"You remember? I mean you were only little", Smiling over at her almost cunningly the young girl spoke

"There are a lot of things I remember". Smiling at one another both girls sealed their lips letting the silence once again consume the car as they let their thoughts take them captive.

'There it is' she thought as they drove passed the familiar sign 'Welcome to Summer Bay'. Remembering the last time she had drove past that same spot and how different it was to that moment. She had left with regret, fear but most importantly she had left heartbroken, she had broken her own heart when she bid this place farewell and yet here she was, she had once again come face to face with the place that had taught her how to live, how to laugh and how to love. She may have left in fear but she wasn't to return in such form. She had long ago taken control of her life, defeating her fears and conquered that same darkness that had followed her like a shadow. No longer was she willing to let the demons of her past play puppet masters with her life, she needed to conquer them once and for all, so now she was running back in hope of regaining that happiness, joy, laughter and maybe even love that she had left behind.

Making a detour, she parked the car as both girls made their way towards the beach; she hungered to feel the familiar sand between her toes hoping they would welcome her back openly. As her feet hit the softness of the sand, she sighed with gladness, there it was, that feeling, how she had missed this. Looking down at the blue crystal ocean as it sparkled against the hot sand, she smiled uncontrollably as her gaze feel upon that same spot that had not only changed her life but had resided in her mind, the memory was as clear as her present being. She automatically closed her eyes replying that beautiful night in her mind, she had met the ocean with sorrow that evening but then he came and turned that all around. His touch, his presence, their first kiss, they took her sorrow away and turned them into a distant memory and everyday with him felt like a beautiful dream. How she longed to relive that dream, that night, she would gladly take back the sorrow and the pain she felt that night if it meant she could have him come to her side and be with her. Letting the coolness of the water hit her feet as she edged closer to the ocean, she found herself wondering how she had managed to stay away for so long, she longed to allow the beauty and the familiarity of the ocean cascade down her body allowing her to relish in the memories that resided within them. Taking a step back she glance over at the young girl that was now stood beside her, she too seemed mesmerised by the crystal blue ocean. Her big brown eyes lit up as the water greeted her, running towards her feet.

"I never want to leave this place", the young girl spoke but her eyes remained on the ocean before her

"Neither do I", she smiled as they both settled themselves down onto the sand unable to tear themselves away.

 she was happy that the young girl was just as happy to be there as she was, but there was that one thing that worried her. But once again she shook away the feeling, he was gone she just hoped he would stay gone, for the both of them. Reaching the front door of the house she had been directed to she took a deep breath as she raised her hand to the door

*knock knock*

She lightly hit her hand against the door as her excitement began to overtake her, somewhat taken aback as the door swung open instantly, she giggled to herself as she was met by three eager faces.

"Charlie, Ruby", all three faces leapt forward pulling them into a warm and much missed embrace