My Saving Grace (by RoRo90) - comments

Inactive User

That was sooooooooooooooooooooooo emotional !!!!! LOOOOOOOVED it, especially …..

 Walking along the now dimly lit beach, as the light from the night moon bounced off the deep blue ocean, Charlie and Ruby both held the Urns in their arms. Standing at the edge of the water Charlie wrapped her free arm around Ruby in an attempt to prepare her for what they both knew was coming. Sniffing back her uncontrollable tears Charlie glanced down at the Urn in her arm, she replayed the last day she had seen her parents alive and the last words she had heard her father speak.

 After finding out Charlie was her mother things had been bumpy between them they had their bad and good days. Now a year and six months later their relationship had grown beyond that of a mother and daughter. In Charlie she had found a sister, a friend and a mother. Although Charlie no longer lived with her parents she was round a lot of the time mainly because of Ruby, they spent as much time together as possible and had only just started discussing the possibility of Ruby moving in with Charlie. Ruby smiled to herself as Charlie walked back into the living room just as the movie began.

 "Buckton residence" Ruby laughed at Charlie's unenthusiastic tone but her smile soon faded as the colour on Charlie's face instantly turned pale as her eyes filled with tears

 "Ross and Elise Buckton, they were apparently involved in a car accident" said Charlie breathlessly. Before the nurse could reply she was interrupted by the same male doctor that had once treated Ruby

 "It's ok, Ruby can stay, she's gonna need to hear what you have to say too" Charlie knew having Ruby there was more for herself than it was for Ruby. She wasn't sure if she could handle the news on her own, she needed Ruby's support.

 "A large truck lost control on the highway and hit your parent's car head on. I'm sorry to say your mother died on impact..." He paused as Charlie stumbled back at the sound of his words and Ruby's grip on Charlie tightened significantly in an attempt to not only steady Charlie but also herself. Their once silent cries were now fiercely raging through the small office. Desperately but unsuccessfully trying to stop her tears and Catch her breath Charlie tried to speak but found no words seemed to be escaping her lips. Realising what she was trying to do and what it was that she was probably going to ask, the young doctor continued

"Your father received multiple fractures and sever internal bleeding; there was also some swelling in the brain. We did the best we could but his injuries are too extensive, we doubt he will be able to make it through the night".

 Walking into his room Charlie's body stiffened at the sight before her eyes. To her, her father had always seemed so strong and untouchable but looking at his broken, bruised and pale body she almost didn't recognise him.

 "She's not gone, s... she's waiting"

 "I...I need the b...both of you to... to make me a promise" said Ross

"Anything" replied Charlie as she tightened her hold on his hand

"I need you to take care of each other...ok" Both girls nodded

"But we..." Ross interrupted Charlie as she spoke

"Charlie I need you to go back", Charlie looked at him confused. What was he talking about?

"Go back where dad?"

"T...to Summer Bay"

"Dad..." once again she was cut off by Ross

"N...no Charlie, we n...never should have left, we should have fought. Go back and fight...be happy...do this for me" Charlie slowly nodded unable to argue with her father in his current state.

"We can all go together when your better" said Charlie. Ross simply smiled over at his beautiful daughter before looking back at Ruby. He knew he didn't have much time left and he could see in both girls' eyes that although they were trying to deny it they knew it too.

"I will always be with you where ever you go... your mother and I will never leave your side" Charlie knew what was coming, his breathing was getting heavier and she could slowly see life slipping away from his pale body.

"I need you guys to make me one more promise... take your mother and I with you to Summer Bay so we can spend rest within the beautiful ocean". Charlie and Ruby were now confused what did he mean by that?, did he not hear them when they had told him that Elise was dead.

"Dad" called Ruby

"Just promise" Ruby and Charlie both nodded as they replied simultaneously

"We Promise"

Once again Ross began smiling as he glared at the space that was seemingly empty in front of them, and he called her name again

"Elise" and without warning he closed his eyes, his body fell limp and the monitor flat lined

"Dad" Ruby shock his lifeless arm frantically as she tried to wake him up

"Charlie stood over him as she spoke "Dad please wake up...Dad please...please" breaking down completely she flung her arms around him.

As the cries of both girls raced through the halls of the hospital, the young doctor stood outside the door wanting to give them time to grieve. Looking up at Ruby Charlie rushed over to her compelling her into an embrace. Ruby held on tightly to her mother. This was it, they had no one else but each other and they intended on keeping the promise they had made to their father and take care of each other. They remained in each other's embrace for a long while, in that moment letting go was something both of them refused to do out of fear of losing each other.

 Almost instantly a warm breeze crept through the cold wind as it grazed Charlie and Ruby's cheeks. A smile crept up on both their faces

"Did you feel that" Questioned Ruby as she placed her hand on her still warm cheek

"Yh, yh I did" Charlie stood in awe at the feeling she had just got. She had no doubt about it, Ross and Elise was still with them. They may not have been able to see them but the faith of believing they were still there was enough to keep them both going. Now seated on the sand, Charlie and Ruby laughed as they both recollected the memories they had made with Ross and Elise

 Unknown to the both of them someone had began watching them attentively

 Motioning to continue towards his car Brax was once again stopping in his tracks as he instantly turned back as her loud laughter raced through the calm wind. He stared at the two figures attentively; that laughter he was sure it was Charlie's, he looked closer but the darkness of the night prevented him from seeing them clearly.

 Walking further towards him she wrapped her arms around his waist as she placed a kiss on his lips.

"We should go" she asked

Nodding in response Brax followed on as she pulled him towards the car park, taking one last glance in the opposite direction Brax found it impossible to escape the laughter he had heard. 'Why' he thought to himself, why after ten years did he still feel this way, surly this wasn't normal. He looked up at the woman before him 'why couldn't he just be content with what he had. Why couldn't he forget?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update,

Ruby and Charlie interactions were cute in that chapter :wub:!!

I loved the awkwardness of jack and Charlie being partners, suppose without jack knowing why she left, I can kinda understand his reaction, but still - poor Charlie :(!!

Miles was pretty awesome in that update too :). I feel like he will probably take Charlie and ruby being back in the bay better than jack did, but I could be wrong.

It must have been so weird for ruby and Casey to meet up, after how young they were when they used to be friends!!!

More really soon please :D!!!!

What a chapter. I can understand why Jack was like he was when he met up with Charlie at the station. I wonder if his attitude will change when he finds out why Charlie and her family left in the first place. When Casey got home and was talking to Brax I felt like shouting at he screen tell him about Charlie !!! But I guess we will have to wait a little while. I look forward to reading more.

:wub: Oh my gosh.....Anticipation is crazy!! :wub: I'm so excited for Brax and Charlie to meet again!! That was a beautiful amazing update and lovely and long! Thank you!!

Loved Casey and Ruby knowing eachother and their brief meeting...

Felt bad for Charlie when Jack reacted like that but totally understand him sticking up for Brax. Really looking forward to how this develops and so eager!!

Thank you! Very eager for next update!! :D

What a reunion between Charlie and Brax. I wonder how both Brax and Heath will feel when they find out why Charlie and her family had to leave. I think it might cause a few problems between Charlie and Ruby. The cat is certainly out of the bag with the way Leah, Martha and Bianca kept in touch with Charlie over the years. I look forward to your next update.