My Saving Grace (by RoRo90) - comments

Inactive User

Was hoping it wasn’t THAT Grant !!! but shpuld make a GREAT drama !!! that was coooool, especially ......

 Brax turned as he watched on examining the guy more closely. Coming in a little short than Brax, he had short curly hair. Although he wasn't scrawny he couldn't be described as built. Not sure why, Brax felt there was something familiar about him. Not being able to figure out where he may have seen him before, Brax took a glimpse at his watch.

 Charlie chuckled quietly as Brax settled himself behind her placing her between his legs.

 Lowering his head into the back of Charlie's neck, Brax let out a slight groan, he had only just caught site of Ruby and Casey playing with the sand. Charlie laughed at her boyfriends reaction as she caressed his arms that where wound around her waist.

"They wanted to come, and I think Ruby as really missed Casey since he moved back in with you and Heath. You should have seen her face this morning when mum brought him over".

Seeing as Brax had now saved up enough money and was still earning during his apprenticeship, Casey had finally moved back in with the boys. However regardless of Brax's constant refusal, on the basis that they had done more than enough for him and his brother, Elise still insisted on stocking up there place with food on a weekly basis.

 "Yh yh I did, I'm Grant by the way"

"Brax... well actually some of the bosses here insist on calling me Daryl"

 Walking alongside Brax Grant sighed in relief to himself. Although having originally been wary about how he would get on in a different environment, Grant nerves had now started to ease he could see himself becoming friends with Brax. He was grateful to get away from the city, it seemed all his actions were beginning to catch up with him. But now he was in a new town and hopefully would make some new friends, and a new set of girls to set his eyes on.

 "Well... I'm gonna be starting University at the end of summer, and I am eighteen so... what if you took the job and I stayed behind", as Ross went to protest, Charlie quickly spoke up

"Wait just listen", Ross reluctantly kept quiet allowing her to continue "I'm not asking to stay on my own, I could move in with someone, and No I'm not suggesting with Brax, But guys this way you can take the promotion and I can still go to University here. I'm guessing the promotion is gonna be somewhere in the city so it's not like I can't come and see you guys or you can't come and see me. I mean if you think about it, it's a win win situation all round". Charlie had finally stopped and was now waiting for a response.

 "Right guys I'm off", Charlie came out of her room in a blue maxi dress and her hair in their usual waves.

"You look prettiful Lottie", Ruby smiled up admiring Charlie

"Thank you Ruby", Charlie placed a kiss on the young girl's cheeks as she made her way towards the front door

 "You never know that could be you by the end of the night", She looked over at Heath before winking at Bianca who had started blushing before replying

"I already told you I don't like him".

"Ok if you say so, but like I told you I'm pretty sure he likes you". Charlie put an end to the conversation as Heath and Brax were now in ear shot.

"Urgh enough of the PDA, I think I just throw up in my mouth a little", Charlie laughed as she pulled away turning her attention to heath

 "You know Bianca is going to kill you later", Brax grinned over at Charlie as they settled in a spot.

"I know but hopefully by then they would have got their act together instead of dancing around each other all the time. Plus if she does try to inflict pain on me I have you to protect me", Charlie grinned over at Brax as he raised his eyebrow

"Me? No way, I have seen angry Bianca before, there is no way I would inflict such pain on myself",

 "Jack you've been here what... 30minutes, 28 of which you have been suffocating the poor girl", Martha blushed as Jack hit Brax on the Arm

"25 minutes actually", with all four of them now laughing at Jacks comment Martha quickly composed herself as she began tugging on Charlie's hand

 They had now been down at the beach for over an hour, they laughed and danced as they lost themselves in the electric atmosphere. Stopping to catch her breath Charlie looked around trying to spot Brax. She smiled as she set eyes on him, but was taken aback at the sight of the boy that was stood beside him as they spoke. She could have sworn she knew who he was. As Brax's company turned facing her direction but failing to see her, Charlie struggled to carry the weight of her body as her legs battled for strength. Her chest tightened against her lungs almost restricting any oxygen from passing through, and without thought a tear immediately ran down her face. She looked on as Brax engaged in conversation with the guy that had stolen her innocence from her.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wub: Love this story! Its such good writing and I've enjoyed each update.

Just re-read the whole thing and can't wait for your next update. Proper heart breaking for Charlie and you showed her vulnerability so well. I'm nervous about how the next few updates will go but very eager to find out.

Realised that Jack had mentioned Brax has something that he was going to give to Charlie so intrigued as to what that is as well. Hope that Brax can once again be there for his girl. Thanks so much! Fab writing!! :wub: