My Saving Grace (by RoRo90) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ADORED that WAAAAAAAAY emotional “ride” sooooooooooooooooooooooo much !!!!!!, especially ......

 She had been pretending for so long that it wasn't happening. She had convinced herself that the envy she spotted in Charlie's eyes every time Ruby addressed her as her mum was just a figment of her paranoid imagination. She had continued to shake of the loving motherly look Charlie gave to Ruby whenever she felt no one was watching. But no longer was Elise able to contain the guilt that had been eating away at her since that day. She knew she and Ross had taken the choice to deprive Charlie of her right and every day since they had made that awful decision, the mistake in their choice became more evident and was now staring them right in the face.

Ross motioned towards Elise as he sighed heavily. He instantly guided his arms around her pulling her closer to him. He needn't ask why she was crying he knew all too well why the tear had escaped her eyes. Regardless of the effort he had put into shrugging it off and pretending it wasn't happening, he was unlade to escape the look of want that resided in Charlie's eyes. Even though he could see she was a lot happier than she had been since all this had happened, he couldn't deny that she still harboured that look of regret every time he saw her with Ruby. How could a decision they had taken to save her now be the cause of her heart break.

 Elise moved away from him slightly as she pointed towards Ruby's room "The girl in that room with her daugh..." Elise paused for a brief moment before continuing "with Ruby, that girl, our daughter she is no longer a kid Ross, you can see it in her eyes just as much as I can, I know you can... I don't know if I can do this anymore, this was supposed to save her, not..." Elise words caught in her throat as her tears cascaded freely down her face, "It's causing more harm than good".

As Elise buried her face in Ross's chest he tightened his grip on her as he fought the tears that had settling in his eyes.

 He turned and entered Ruby's room, as the sight before him sunk in the tears that he had held back since his talk with Elise had finally won as they ran down his cheeks. He looked on as his daughter wrapped her arms around ruby as she peacefully slept against Charlie's chest. He thought back to the day they had taken that decision, he remembered the look on Charlie's face as he and Elise sat before her. He thought they were doing what was right for the both of them, but standing there watching on he could no longer deny the immense mistake they had made; he only hoped Charlie could forgive him.

 Charlie had been up for awhile and yet she had failed to move from her current position. She gently lifted her hand towards Ruby's delicate face as she stroked it softly. Charlie swore that Ruby had to be the most beautiful thing she had ever set her eyes upon. She smiled ecstatically as Ruby snuggled closer to her still deep in sleep. Charlie moved the hair from Ruby's face gently running her had through it as she admired her beautiful brown curls. As she continued to watch Ruby closely she felt her heart pound aggressively against her chest as the love she possessed for Ruby became almost too much to contain. A wash of guilt instantly overcame her, she had told herself a thousand times that she had no right to feel this way about Ruby, she had given up that right the day she agreed to the decision her parents had taken. Now more than ever that day haunted her every second of everyday, for Charlie it signified the day she had given up on the best thing in her life.

 "Charlie... Charlie" Charlie's head shot up at the sound of her mother's voice, and only now had her mind registered the cries from one month old Ruby

 She wasn't sure which scared her most, the possibility of not being able to love her like she should or the possibility of not being enough for Ruby.

 The event that had taken place ten months prior, the way her friends had turned on her, the disgustingly smug look that was plastered on his face, all the ugly things that had taken over her once so simple life. Her mind had finally settled on Ruby and her beautiful brown eyes. A tear rolled down Charlie's face as she felt the weights that had been sitting on her shoulder become increasingly heavier as they began to drag her down taking all her strength with them. She wanted more than anything to be there for Ruby, but she didn't know how. She was trying but it felt like there was a brick wall standing before her separating her from Ruby, and each time she tried to climb over she fell flat on her face leaving her with more bruises and pain than she previously had.

 . She hated the way everyone looked at her like she was broken; the look of pity and sympathy was all she had seen in her parents eyes since they found out what he had done to her.

 However if it was a step towards bringing her beautiful daughter back to her she was willing to try.

 "No we can't do that, I can't do that. How could you even think of putting her up for adoption, what if she ends up with the wrong kind of people, in the wrong family? She would hate me". Charlie felt defeated as her tear ran down her face. She pulled away from her father's grasp unable to believe what they were about to suggest.

 "Me and you dad think you have been through too much, so we want to raise Ruby as our own. Charlie you can't c..."

"W... what?" Charlie voice now barely audible as the realisation of what her parents were truly saying finally hit her, sending her drowning deeper than she ever thought possible as he head began to pound aggressively as the words circulated round her head finally sinking in.

 "But she's my daughter, Mine", Charlie spoke in bare whispers as she fought back the tears that had made their way to her eyes.

"And you can still be there for her, but without the stress of having to cope with what has happened and deal with all the difficult aspects of bringing up a child". As Elise kept talking Charlie's mind drifted to her beautiful little girl as a small smile spread across her face, the smile was suddenly evaded by the shooting pain that had taken control of her for over ten months. Her smile quickly disappeared as she thought about herself and how messed up she was. Although not wanting to admit it Charlie felt Ruby deserved more than what she could after her. She deserved two parents that would love her unconditionally; she deserved the kind of love that she had received from her parents. She wasn't sure she could give Ruby that, she was rushed out of her thoughts

 A lone tear rolled down Charlie's face at the thought of what she was about to do. She nodded her head in agreement before opening her mouth letting the simple word fall out...

"Ok", that was all She could bring herself to say in that moment and from the point that word had left her mouth she had regretted it.

Wow! Amazing update.

OMFG! Poor Charlie :( but maybe in the long run this will help Chax become closer since he will know about Grant and Ruby. Can't wait for your next update to see what Brax and Ross do - well I'm guessing she will tell Brax and not just let Grant keep hanging around.

Please update soon. (: x

Great update! Really love this story and very well written especially with Grant making his way in...

Nervous as to how Charlie will react and what this will do to her. Hope that she can rely on Brax and be open and honest with him. I'm sure he will beat the living out of Grant when he finds out!!

Looking forward to more :)