1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

Wasn't it Home and Away's 15th birthday? 15 years of the show, 150th anniversary of the Bay... lots of past characters. That could have been the point.

I remember Celia saying to someone that she regretted being the way she used to be. Not sure if she was referring to being so religious or being a busybody spinster.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. You could look at it that way, that it was summer 87 when they presumably did the pilot, but then it would have been filmed January or so 2002, so I don't know, perhaps.

I'm not complaining because I actually think it's a pretty brilliant stretch of 30 episodes or so.

I don't know. You could look at it that way, that it was summer 87 when they presumably did the pilot, but then it would have been filmed January or so 2002, so I don't know, perhaps.

I'm not complaining because I actually think it's a pretty brilliant stretch of 30 episodes or so.

Me too. I'd love to see them again actually. I've got a clip of the actual ferry sinking and that's about it :( Did they make any reference or in-joke to Matt's infamous exit?

Thanks for the info. I didn't watch H&A at that time so I'm pretty sure I must have caught the episodes when they were repated on Fiver. I'd also love to see those episodes again. I wonder if 5* will ever start Home and Away - The Early Years again...?

If Sophie turns out to be illiterate, then why was she able to read the menu in the diner?

Oh that's right doesn't

Sophie get electrocuted soon because she can't read a danger sign in the surf club?

Matty you should probably use spoilers for people watching the Early Years who don't know what's going to happen.

The funny thing is that I think Celia was the character who was back for the longest that time (perhaps Shauna was back for longer, though she missed the celebrations slightly, but at least I think it gave Jude a decent exit).

The main stories I remember were her helping Alf after he broke his leg and then some Jade/religion storylines.

This is really odd - I cant remember Celia returning in 2002 whatsoever. I have no memory of her coming back at all! :huh:

Al Simpson is the worst excuse Ive even seen for a man and a father. He makes Sophie steal for him, cook for him and get him beers and if she dosent he hits her. Sophie should be at school not out scamming people and doing her fathers dirty work while he sits on his butt at home all day and drinks

Archived