1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

I think its quite unrealistic that she would not return to Summer Bay. She loved that town just as much as Alf does/did, she grew up there and was always very loyal to Summer Bay. I really hope they decide to bring her back soon. Its really nice to hear Fiona Spence would love to play Celia again.

I think she's the type of person who'd still be wearing the same type of clothes as she did in the 80's, pretty much like Alf does. In the 2005 return she looked a bit too 'with it' Imo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its quite unrealistic that she would not return to Summer Bay. She loved that town just as much as Alf does/did, she grew up there and was always very loyal to Summer Bay. I really hope they decide to bring her back soon. Its really nice to hear Fiona Spence would love to play Celia again.

I think she's the type of person who'd still be wearing the same type of clothes as she did in the 80's, pretty much like Alf does. In the 2005 return she looked a bit too 'with it' Imo

I agree about her look in 2005. She, Morag and Barbara were all wearing very generic middle aged woman clothes. No character. But I guess the wardrobe department had a lot on their plate that day!

I don't remember much from Celia's 2000 and 2002 return. Has she moved back from Africa or does she still live there?

I agree with you that it's quite unrealistic and out of character for her not to return to the bay for so long. I still remebar when she was temporary leaving to Taihiti she wanted to say proper goodbye to Summer Bay and she even got out of Alf's car to look closely at the sea before leaving. As for her clothes, maybe she decided to change her image again. Maybe she met someone in Africa, we don't know yet?

Can't remember for sure but I think it was a fairly minor one and they were just looking after her until she recovered.She's probably back in Africa now, she was definitely back there before the stroke.Can't remember much about her 2002 stint but that was one of those ones where there were so many characters coming back it was hard to fit them all in.Only moment with her in that springs to mind was when Alf was telling her about Martin revealing Ailsa saw through his "successful businessman" act.

The funny thing is that I think Celia was the character who was back for the longest that time (perhaps Shauna was back for longer, though she missed the celebrations slightly, but at least I think it gave Jude a decent exit).

The main stories I remember were her helping Alf after he broke his leg and then some Jade/religion storylines.

I do agree about the point of too many guests back at the same sometimes, though I think this was perhaps lessened during 2002 because it was over a greater period of time. In 2005, for Alf's 60'th I always feel that they either did it in too few episodes (2) or that they were just too optimistic, though I thought at the same time it was great they managed to have so many characters played by the same people that they did 17 years or so before.

I'm finding it really bloomin' frustrating reading all these posts about how great Celia is, knowing that Cameron Welsh and whoever else is in charge are too stubborn to listen to us and probably think she's not worth a return. If they're not going to make Morag permanent after knowing how popular she is, I doubt we're going to get a visit from Celia any time soon :angry:

Why did so many characters return in 2002? I seem to vaguely remember something about a loa of characters being on a cruiseship or something that crashed, around the time that Kane and Kirsty were getting together and Celia being involved, or are my memories blurring together :blink:

Maybe Celia could come back with an African lover :o

Archived