Keep Your Enemies Even Closer

Guest HeavenForbid

Thank you all for the comments :)

Note: In this fic, Roman has adopted Aden. Just so you don’t get confused with a conversation that takes place in this chapter

Chapter Seven

“I was thinking we could go somewhere nice next summer” Belle said, grabbing onto her boyfriend as they walked along the beach.

“Any ideas where?” Aden asked while Belle went into deep thought

“Hm…Italy!” Belle giggled thinking about how romantic that would be, just the two of them “Or Paris!”

“Ah, the romantic destinations of the world. Why can‘t we go to Queensland or somewhere closer?!” Aden joked, while Belle thought he was serious

“I just thought it would be nice” Belle said, sadly

Aden turned to face Belle. “Anything my baby wants, anything my baby gets.”

“I have you wrapped around my little finger!” Belle winked, wrapping her arms around Aden’s neck.

“And you know what?!” Aden began “I don‘t mind that!”

“Next summer is going to be amazing” Belle replied excited

“How about we get this year over with first, babe” Aden suggested.

Belle nodded “Yeah…HSC.” She said glumly.

“We‘ll be fine, darlin‘” Aden assured her “We have each other. We can be study buddies!”

“Ohh so when you say “Study”…Do you mean “study” or “study”

Aden chuckled at Belle “I mean study.”

Belle pouted “You are no fun!”

“We we can always have some “study” time during breaks of study” Aden replied, making Belle smile again.

“I love the sound of that…Come on, lets go get some food!” Belle said and grabbing Aden’s hand walking slightly ahead of him

While everything was prefect, it was only a matter of time before everything fell to pieces. Aden would find out Drew had been back in the Bay for a week sooner or later.

Nicole and Geoff hadn’t spoken in a week. The last time was the fight at the party. The odd text was sent during the week from Nicole but Geoff couldn’t bare to reply. He was confused, he didn’t know what to think about what had happened. As she approached the beach house, she wondered if going over was the right thing to do. This could either make things even better or even worse. Once she knocked on the door, she got butterflies in her stomach.

The door swung open and standing in front of her was Ruby. Her heart sank.

“What are you doing here?” Ruby questioned, in a serious tone

“Um, I want to speak to Geoff” Nicole said as Ruby laughed

“Geoff doesn‘t want to see you, Nicole. You guys are over.”

“Please, get Geoff.” Nicole begged, desperately wanting to explain herself.

“He is in the shower. I‘ll tell him you called” Ruby replied, as she went to shut the door over

There was nothing Nicole could do “Thank you. Goodbye”

Nicole walked off leaving Ruby smirking at the door. She shut it over and walked over to the couch as Geoff came running down the stairs.

“Who was that?” He asked as he walked towards the TV.

“Oh, someone looking for directions” Ruby smiled. Like she would tell Geoff Nicole was looking for him.

“Oh, okay. Well I got the DVD. Sorry I took so long! I couldn’t find it. It was in Annie’s room” Geoff laughed as he put the dvd into the player.

He sat beside Ruby, grabbing a pillow to get comfortable. He turned to Ruby “Hey, thanks for doing this…Just what I needed to keep me sane and stop thinking…” he smiled, putting his hand on her knee, thanking her.

“Anytime Geoff. I‘m just glad I could help!” Ruby smiled at him.

Take your time, take your time… She kept saying to herself…

Belle and Aden were hanging out in Aden’s house. It was just them two since their two best friends weren’t speaking. It made things awkward but they really hoped things would clear up soon. School would be a nightmare with those two fighting. Roman came into the house with the weekly shopping, interrupting their alone time. They helped him bring the shopping in and unpacked it with him.

“What did you guys get up to today?” Roman asked, gathering all the empty bags together.

“Just hanging out really” Belle answered “Where do you guys put the butter?”

“Cupboard” Aden laughed

“Well others have it in the fridge! And when we move in together, it will be the fridge” Belle winked at her boyfriend.

“Hold your horses guys! You are both only 17 years old, in your finally year and I think I‘m forgetting something….” Roman joked.

“Jobless” Aden replied finishing his sentence “Yeah, yeah. We know…”

“Well Roman, it‘s a recession” Belle replied “Jobs are hard to get in a sleepy town like Summer Bay were there isn‘t many places around”

“What about Yabbie Creek?” Roman suggested

“Are you trying to keep me away from your gorgeous son?” Belle asked as the boys laughed.

“Even if I tried, I doubt I would be able to do that” Roman replied with Belle and Aden both agreeing.

There was a couple of minutes of silence while they continued to unpack the bags and put away the food.

“Well, help yourselves!” Roman said declaring them to raid the cupboards.

“Don‘t worry dad, we intend too!” Aden said as Roman was leaving the kitchen

“Oh! That reminds me…Guess who I saw in town today?”

Belle’s heart sank. She knew what was coming…

“Drew Curtis! I didn‘t know he was back in town. Well, see you guys later” Roman replied jolly and walked out the front door leaving Belle and Aden alone.

“Belle…” Aden said speechless “Did you know about this?”

Belle didn’t know what to say. She stood and looked at Aden. Not only did he look betrayed, he looked angry and hurt.

“You did!” Aden shouted “WHY didn’t you tell me he was back?!”

“Aden, I‘m sorry! I didn‘t know how to tell you…” Belle replied as she started to cry

“Why is he back?”

“I don‘t know, Aden…I don‘t…” She wept.

“Sit down!” Aden ordered as he sat at the kitchen table “I think we should discuss this…”

Belle sat down after grabbing tissue to wipe away the tears “He came back last week”

“When? How didn‘t I know about - ” Aden stopped when he finally put two and two together “The night of the party. Why you didn‘t turn up. You weren‘t sick, were you?”

“No” Belle replied honestly

“You are unbelievable Belle!” Aden raged “First you lie about him being back, then I find out you lie about what really happened at the party”

“Aden, what do you expect?!” Belle answered, getting annoyed now. The tears had dried up and her anger started to boil “I didn‘t know how to bring it up and when I say I was going to tell you, I mean it”

“I have to see him, find out what he wants” Aden replied, grabbing his jacket. “You don‘t just turn up after two years for nothing”

“Don‘t Aden! It wont go well and you know it” Belle begged him as she grabbed his arm stopping him from opening the door.

“Please…” she begged him once again.

Aden let go of the door handle. He put his jacket on the chair and hugged his girlfriend tightly. “Sorry for shouting, babe. I love you”

“And I love you too, Aden.” Belle replied “He wont come between us. It‘s me and you. Forever.”

Belle continued to stay in her boyfriends arms. She wanted to be with Aden forever and refused to allow Drew come between them. This would be the first and last time they would fight about him.

Preview:

- When Belle goes to see Drew.

- Nicole begins to struggle without Geoff in her life.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aden turned to face Belle. “Anything my baby wants, anything my baby gets.”

“I have you wrapped around my little finger!” Belle winked, wrapping her arms around Aden’s neck.

“And you know what?!” Aden began “I don‘t mind that!”

:wub: :wub: Awwwww. I loved that bit.

“We‘ll be fine, darlin‘” Aden assured her “We have each other. We can be study buddies!”

“Ohh so when you say “Study”…Do you mean “study” or “study””

Aden chuckled at Belle “I mean study.”

Belle pouted “You are no fun!”

That was really cheeky :lol:

I loved how it went from all loved up between them to drama in an instant powerful stuff!!! This is my favourite fic at the moment. I love how you write Adelle. Oh dear, Drew is back! Please don't do anything stupid Aden! But Aden being Aden will probably feel threaten and over protective over Belle, it's likely Drew and Aden will face off :lol:

Really great chapter!!!! Love it!!

Thank you all for the comments! Here is the next chapter for you all!

Chapter Eight

Nicole sat alone on the beach. The sun was setting. With her eyes blood-shot from all the crying she had been doing, she took out the bottle of vodka she took from her dad’s cabinet. It was coming up to two weeks since she had seen of spoken to Geoff. None of the messages she was sending were being responded too.

Nicole decided she better go home. Roman would be wondering where she was. Struggling to stand up, she fell back down with her head hitting a rock, knocking her unconscious.

“I didn‘t think you‘d show” Belle said, turning to see Drew walking towards her.

“You wanted to talk to me” Drew replied sitting down on a bench over looking ocean.

“You have to leave us alone, Drew.” Belle had her arms folded watching Drew’s expression.

“Belle…” Drew began, getting up and walking over to her “I want you back!”

“I‘m with Aden and -”

“Only because I let you go, Belle” Drew blurted out “I didn‘t fight for you two years ago. I handed you over to him. And it was the worst decision I ever made.”

“Drew…” Belle started to cry. Here she was starting in front of the guy she once loved, unsure about the future with him.

Drew rubbed his fingers over Belle’s tears, wiping them away “Belle, the last thing I want is for you to be upset. When you cheated on me with Aden two years ago, I knew what we had was gone. Not one day goes by where I don’t regret my decision to just walk away and allow you and him to be together without fighting for what we had”

“You knew what he had was long gone before I started sleeping with Aden” Belle snapped “All we did was fight. And Aden was there for me”

“In more ways than one!” Drew snarled.

“You‘re right. I do regret how Aden and I got together but he has made me who I am today and…” Belle paused for a second “…I love him, Drew.”

“Belle, I‘m back for good. I enrolled in school today, I‘m staying with Leah, I‘m working in the diner from tomorrow. I‘m not going anywhere.” Drew said it how it was, which Belle appeared to not like.

“This is your home Drew, you‘re free to live here. But you can‘t fight for me now Drew. I‘m with Aden and that is the end of it.”

Belle began to walk away, leaving Drew heart-broken. Drew followed her down the long, road back into the town then went the other way than her. It really was over, and he now knew that. Belle texted Aden to get him to meet her at the Surf Club. At the corner of Belle’s eye, she could see someones hand sticking out around the fence. Running down to check is everything was okay, she discovered Nicole lying on the rock she had fallen on.

“Oh my god, Nicole!” Belle screamed running over to her. She tried to shake her and walk her up but nothing was working. It was then she noticed the empty bottle of vodka beside her. She picked up her phone, dialling in Aden’s number as soon as she could “Aden, get down to the beach now! Please!” she begged and hung out with Aden saying he would be there in a few minutes.

Tears were strolling down Belle’s cheeks. Aden wasn’t coming fast enough. She didn’t want to leave Nicole alone to get help from the Surf Club encase something happened. It was getting cold and windy out as time passed on. Belle sat beside Nicole, still trying to wake her up but still nothing. Once again, she took out her phone and dialled for an ambulance. Within minutes, the ambulance still arrived with no sign of Aden. Belle got into the ambulance with Nicole while people watched on. Belle rang Roman to inform him on what happened.

When they arrived at the hospital, Rachel was waiting. She took Nicole into a room and left Belle outside alone. After a couple of minutes Roman walked through the doors. Belle hugged Roman, telling him everything would be fine.

“What is going on though, Belle?” Roman asked, worried about his daughter.

“Roman, to be honest. I have no idea. I found her on the beach” Belle replied “I called the ambulance and they came and took her here”

Roman went over to the room where Nicole was, while Belle sent a message to Aden telling him they went to the hospital. Roman came back, saying it was too early to tell them anything. The pair sat in silence in the waiting room while the minutes rolled on. Belle saw Aden walking in the main doors. He had cuts and bruises all over his face and looked like he was limping.

“Aden, what happened too you?!” Belle asked, worried helping him over to a chair.

“It…it doesn‘t matter. How is Nicole?” Aden replied, not answering Belle.

“We don‘t know yet” Roman answered “Maybe you should get looked at?”

“Really, I‘m fine guys” Aden smiled, just wanting to drop the subject

“What happened to you?” Belle whispered once again.

“Belle, just drop it!” Aden replied, raising his voice.

Rachel came out of the room. The three of them jumped out of their seats all wanting to know the same thing; is Nicole going to be okay?

“Well she is fine, guys” Rachel smiled and the others let out a sigh of relief “She drank too much and must have fallen over knocking her out. She doesn’t remember much. She is awake and stable right now and you can go and see her.”

Roman went in first, leaving Belle and Aden outside waiting for their turn.

“I want to know what happened to you, Aden.”

“Belle, why can‘t you drop it?” Aden begged her

“Because I think I already know what happened and I want you to prove me wrong, Aden” Belle replied while Aden dropped his head in shame.

“Okay, I had a run in with Drew…” Aden finally admitted with Belle shaking her head.

“Why didn‘t you prove me wrong?” Belle asked disgusted at Aden’s behaviour.

“I‘m sorry Belle, I really am. I just saw him walking and had to speak with him”

“Well it doesn‘t look like you did a lot of speaking!” Belle spat “How could you do this? You didn‘t even let me tell you how our conversation went. You just went and had a big punch up while I waited for you”

“I don‘t know what to say…” Aden replied “I‘m sorry, Belle.”

Roman came out of Nicole’s room. Belle got up and walked off leaving Roman to comfort Aden.

“Hey Belle” Nicole smiled

“Nic, what‘s going on?” Belle asked, sitting down beside her.

“I miss Geoff, Belle. I miss him so much” Nicole wept.

“Have you still not spoken to him?” Belle asked as she handed Nicole a tissue.

“Thanks. I have tried too but nothing. Ruby is always there…I think they could be…together” Nicole admitted to her best friend.

“No, Nic. Geoff loves you, he is just confused over what happened. He hasn‘t heard your side of the story.”

“It‘s too late now, he wont believe me, Belle…Not with her around” Nicole replied

“Shall I go speak to him for you Nic?” Belle offered, more than happy to help “You aren‘t in any condition to get yourself under more stress”

“Honestly, I don‘t think it would do any good. You or Aden would be lucky to get five seconds alone with him” Nicole said, sadly.

“Nicole Franklin, you are my best friend” Belle said, taking a grip of her hand “I‘m going to try and help you out. You and Geoff belong together”

“I don‘t know what I would do without you, Belle” Nicole smiled and have her best friend a hug

Preview:

- Geoff agrees to meet Nicole. Will they make up over their misunderstanding?

- Ruby and Drew run into each other.

Archived