Keep Your Enemies Even Closer

Guest HeavenForbid

Thank you all for the great comments. Was wondering how you would all react to the latest twist :wink: So, instead of studying for tomorrows exam, I wrote another chapter for you. So I hope you like it. :) Enjoy!!

Chapter Twelve

Over the next couple of weeks, friendships began to develop again while others were being torn apart. Belle and Nicole’s friendship had become stained over her ever growing feelings for Drew. To make matters worse, Drew and Belle had become very close. And now even Aden was getting used to having Drew around.

Nicole thought that since Drew and Ruby had started dating, Belle would realise how wonderful Aden was but nothing had changed. She had promised Nicole nothing would happen between her and Drew. But inside, she was screaming. She wished and prayed something would. She still loved Aden but something didn’t feel right with him.

Belle was sitting on a bench overlooking the beach. It had been two weeks since she went to Nicole about her feelings for Drew. Now, she knew what she had too do. She called Aden and waited patiently for him to arrive. She needed to get this over and done with.

She watched as Aden walked down the pathway towards her. Greeting her with a kiss, he sat down beside her not knowing what this conservation was about.

“So, you rang” Aden smiled looking into his girlfriends eyes.

Tears strolled down Belle‘s cheeks “I…I don‘t know how to do this…Or what to say”

“Hey, hey!” Aden said, leaning in to cuddle her “What is wrong?”

“Aden don‘t.” Belle replied, pulling away from him “It will only get harder”

“What is going on Belle?” Aden replied, worried what she was about to say to him.

“This isn‘t working.” She wept as Aden’s expression was devastating.

Aden stood up, putting his hands over his face, fighting back the tears “Why? Why is this not working? I thought we were good. I thought we were doing very good”

Aden bent down on his knees, in line with Belle. He grabbed her hands holding them tightly “Don‘t do this to me…Please.”

“I‘m sorry Aden. What we had… It‘s gone” Belle replied choking up.

“So, this is it? After 2...great years” Aden couldn’t control his emotions anymore as he stood up. “Why Belle, why?”

Belle sat in silence. She wasn’t sure what to say to him. My feelings for Drew have come back? No, that would destroy him. She knew that.

“Fine” Aden snapped “I‘ll bring your junk later” he added and walked over. Belle’s world was falling apart. She fell to her knees breaking down in front of everyone in Summer Bay. But she didn’t care who saw her crying. She didn’t care if people laughed at her crying in the street. She just didn’t care.

“I think we‘ll call it a day” Geoff sighed looking at the time.

“Good first day, I think” Ruby smiled, packing away her books.

“I definitely agree. You have made a lot of process already.” Geoff replied as he stood up to walk Ruby to the door.

“Yes, but when I start to sit an exam, my mind will go blank!” Ruby laughed along with Geoff

“We can work on your mind not going blank in a couple of weeks when you have mastered everything” Geoff explained “Next Thursday?”

“No problem. I want to do my best and I think I have the best tutor” Ruby turned to look into Geoff eyes. She moved closer to him, tugging on his shirt. As she leaned up to kiss him, Geoff looked up.

“Bad idea, Ruby” Geoff replied and Ruby moved away

“One day…You and me…” Ruby winked

“Aren‘t you dating Drew?” Geoff asked as they walked to the door.

“Oh, we are just having a bit of fun…Nothing serious. He knows that” Ruby replied honestly “I still have my eyes set on someone else.”

Geoff opened the door and Ruby walked out after she blew Geoff a kiss. She walked into Aden who was fuming.

“What‘s his problem?” Ruby snapped as Aden walked straight past Geoff and into the house.

“I think you better go!” Geoff replied looking at Aden.

Ruby shrugged and walked off. Geoff closed over the door and walked into Aden.

“She ended it!” Aden said and sat down on the couch. “She broke up with me Geoff”

“What the hell happened? I thought you guys were good?” Geoff asked sitting down opposite him.

“So did I, so did I” Aden replied calming down. “I don‘t know what happened…”

“I don‘t know, man…Maybe Nic knows something. This kinda came out of nowhere” Geoff replied, confused.

“Yeah, maybe she does. This can‘t be the end of us…I love her Geoff. I wanted to marry her. I wanted her to have my babies. I wanted to grow old with her. I wanted to wake up every morning and have her by my side.” Aden was getting emotionally as Nicole walked into the sitting room.

“What‘s wrong Aden? Are you okay?” Nicole panicked and sat beside him

“Belle and him broke up” Geoff answered as he went to get Aden a drink.

“What?! When did this happen?” Nicole asked

“About an hour ago? Listen I better go before she comes back home…” Aden said sadly as he got up.

“I was just getting you a drink” Geoff said walking back into the room.

“Nah, I better not. School tomorrow. Drinking my sorrows isn‘t a good idea”

“At least you‘re thinking pretty well” Nicole smiled and walked him to the door.

“What else have I got without her? Nic, you don‘t know anything do you?” Aden replied looking into her eyes.

Nicole looked at him. The devastation was heart-breaking for Nicole to watch. “No.” Nicole lied right to his face “I don‘t know anything Aden. I‘m sorry”

“Thank you anyway Nicole. You‘ll always be a great friend to me and more importantly, a sister. See you at home” Aden replied. He waved slightly at Geoff and left the house.

Nicole stood there. Knowing what she knew, how was she going to handle this.

“I can‘t believe you…” She said quietly to herself. She turned around and walked to Geoff.

“I wonder what this is going to do to the gang” Geoff pondered, holding Nicole in his arms.

“I don‘t know, Geoff. I don‘t know…” Nicole answered.

The pair sat down in silence. It would only be a matter of time before Belle came home. Maybe it was best for Nicole to leave before she ripped Belle to pieces for what she has done. She stood up and got her things together.

“Sorry that I‘m not in the mood to stay with you tonight” She said walking to the door.

“That‘s okay, babe. We can spend the day together tomorrow.”

“We do have English and History together” Nicole winked and cuddled her boyfriend.

“Text when you get home” Geoff smiled and gave her a kiss.

“I will, as always” Nicole replied.

Geoff watched as she walked down the driveway. Once out of sight, he closed the door and walked upstairs to do some homework he needed to get done.

Nicole walked down Geoff’s street. At the top of the street, walking down was Belle. Nicole ran up to her.

“What have you done?!” Nicole shouted and pushed Belle. There was a strong smell of alcohol “Have you been drinking?”

“It‘s over…Everything is over. Me and Aden…Finished!” Belle struggled with her words. Her make-up was all down her face from all the crying she had done.

“You stupid girl, Belle! You are so stupid! Dumping him like that. He was the best thing that ever happened to you and you have thrown it all away”

“I didn‘t love him anymore, Nicole. I didn‘t and I was kidding myself being with him” Belle replied.

“This is about Drew isn‘t it? You want him back…” Nicole laughed at Belle and her stupid ideas “You‘re crazy!”

“I‘m not crazy, Nicole. I‘m sorry things turned out this way…”

“And what about his girlfriend, Ruby?” Nicole asked

“I know I‘m who he really wants. If he sees that I want him back, he will come back to me, I know he will.”

“Oh this must be the drink talking now” Nicole snarled “Listen to me, you have made the biggest mistake of your life, Belle Taylor. Aden loves you and always will. I had to lie to his face tonight. And now this is what you are doing? I wish I had just told me because look what you are about to do…”

Belle looked at her friend. As she started to cry once again, Nicole walked off. “Nicole...”

“Save it Belle. Our friendship is over.” Nicole replied and continued down the street.

The rain started out of nowhere. Belle stood in the street, alone. She could only think of one person to go to.

“Can I come in?” She asked starting in the rain.

“Oh my God, Belle! Come in. Get out of the rain” Drew replied inviting Belle into his house.

Belle sat on the couch as Drew made her a cup of tea and got her a towel.

“Tea is prefect. Just how I like it.” Belle smiled taking a sip.

“I remembered how to make it. Half tea, half milk. 1 and a half sugar. And only stir five times. Always convinced if you stir more, it wouldn‘t taste as good” Drew replied as he sat down beside her.

“Very impressed” Belle laughed “Surprised you still remember”

“You only told me every time I made you a cup!”

Belle glanced at Drew. Slowly, she moved towards him, eventually meeting his lips. Each kiss became more and more passionate. They stood up together, still locking lips.

“Are you sure?” Drew asked taking a breath.

“Yeah…Yes.” Belle smiled and leaned in for one more kiss before heading upstairs.

Preview:

- Will Belle regret her night with Drew?

- Belle tries to make up with Nicole.

- Ruby finds out that Belle spend the night with Drew.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no... no, no, no, no, no !

Everything has just fallen apart... Belle and Aden, Belle and Nicole... all because Belle likes Drew :(

Still reeling from that... I thought Belle would be able to get past her feelings for Drew; did not see that coming !

Can't wait for the next update; I want to see how the story will turn out now

Thank you all for your fab comments :)

Chapter Thirteen

There was a gentle knock on the door. “Drew..” A lady called out softly, opening the door. Belle’s head popped up from under the covers to be looking at Drew‘s mother. This had to be the most awkward situation she had ever been in. And his mother looked just as embarrassed.

“I‘ll…I‘ll come back later” She said quickly and walked out closely the door.

Belle lay her head back down on the pillow. She turned to look at Drew, sound asleep. “What have I done?” she questioned herself.

It was the morning after the night before; the morning most people regret what they had done the previous night. Belle got out of the bed as easily as she could. She needed to get out of this house as soon as she could.

Looking at the time, she knew Geoff, Annie and Irene would all be awake. Putting on all of her clothes and grabbing her bag, she walking out of the bedroom slamming the door behind her, which woke Drew up.

She ran down the stairs and went to the front door, walking past the living area. Drew’s mother was sitting on the couch reading a book. Belle stopped and apologised to her.

“I didn‘t think I‘d see the day where I would find you in my sons bed again. Not that I caught you before you cheated on him with Aden Jeffries.”

“I‘m sorry, Jazz.” Belle said ashamed of herself.

“I‘m not surprised you‘d cheat on Aden” Jazz snarled “You do have a history of it”

“For your information, Aden and I have broken up” Belle snapped “This is between Drew and myself so mind your own business”

Belle waited a second before she left to go home. She peeped in the window where she saw Irene and Annie walking around the kitchen and living area. Once Annie grabbed her bags, she walked out the other door followed by Irene. It was now or never. Belle opened the door quietly and tip-toed into her bedroom.

“Where did you go last night?” Geoff asked walking behind her with his arms folded.

“I stayed with a friend” Belle replied, looking at Geoff’s disappointed face.

“I had to cover for you. Irene was going to go in and get you up for school” Geoff said looking to see if Irene was coming back into the house.

“Thanks Geoff. That really means a lot” Belle smiled and went to give him a hug

“Don‘t Belle. Just go get ready for school because Irene catches you” Geoff responded.

Belle nodded and went to get a glass of water. She was walking into her bedroom when Irene came back into the house.

“Girlie! You‘re finally up” Irene laughed as she noticed Belle was in her clothes from yesterday “Did you sleep in your clothes?”

“Oh yeah, I did! Late night, came home and crashed on the bed” Belle replied nervously hoping Irene would realise her lies.

“Where is your necklace doll? You never take that thing off!” Irene laughed, walking into the kitchen.

As Belle felt her neck, memories of last night came flooding back.

Belle lay down on Drew‘s bed, Drew on top kissing her neck romantically. The excitement she was feeling now was something she missed in her relationship with Aden lately. Nothing was exciting between them. It was the same as their relationship used to be when they were first together.

While Drew began unbuttoning Belle’s shirt, Belle pushed him away. “Don‘t you wanna…?”

“Oh yeah I do…” Belle winked and wrapped her hands around her neck

“What are you doing?” Drew asked giggling as he rubbed his fingers up and down Belle’s slender body.

“I was always told never to fall asleep with necklaces on. So I take it off at night, all the time” Belle smiled “Now…Where were we?”

Belle smirked and Drew leaned in, getting back to what they started…

“Belle!” Geoff said waving his arms across her face.

“Yeah, um. Sorry! I better go to get dressed” Belle said as she came back to reality.

Irene and Geoff watched as she walked into her bedroom. Once the door was closed, she wrapped her arms around herself tightly, falling to the floor. The tears poured down her face. It was uncontrollable how horrible she felt about what she had done. And how much she had messed up her relationship.

Ruby sat waiting on Drew’s bed for him to come out of the shower. Nosing around, she looked at the pictures on the wall. Two had Belle in them. Probably when they were dating years ago, Ruby thought.

“How long are you going to be?” Ruby asked, getting bored and just wanting to go to school.

“I‘m just getting dressed now. I‘ll be out in a few minutes” Drew replied from his bathroom.

“What have you been up too?” Ruby stood up and walked around Drew’s bedroom once again.

“Oh just the usual stuff. Hanging with people mainly” Drew responded as he came out of his bathroom to face Ruby standing in front of him

“And sleeping with Belle Taylor?” Ruby replied holding a necklace with the letter B on it. Drew didn‘t reply. He didn‘t know what to say or what to do.

“Well, well, well…” Ruby smirked, sitting on the bed “Took longer than I had my money on. Would have said the first or second day back”

“Don‘t say anything to anyone about this” Drew warned, firmly.

“Oh…What do we have here? A worried Drew Curtis?” Ruby laughed, with an evil glare in her eyes

“This is the real you? What Belle was saying? Really a twisted evil b!tch” Drew shouted at the top of his voice.

All Ruby could do was laugh “Your secret is safe with me, babe” she teased, standing in front of him, seductively . “We better get to school…”

“One second” Ruby paused “I want something in return…”

Drew gulped “What is that?”

“I‘ll start off with your laptop…” Ruby said looking at Drew’s laptop on his bed.

“You have got to be kidding.” Drew laughed. “I‘m not giving you my laptop”

“Think of it as I‘m just having a lend…” Ruby replied.

Drew took his laptop and shoved it into Ruby’s face. “Here. Get out.” Ruby smiled and started walking out the room. Drew walked out of the room behind Ruby and went on their way to school. It was going to be an interesting day.

Preview:

- Belle tries to make up with Nicole.

- Geoff worlds takes an interesting turn.

- Aden finds out about Belle and Drew

Oh dear me...

Belle you stupid... stupid girl... I also had a feeling that she would regret sleeping with Drew, and now Ruby will be blackmailing the both of them if she wants...

oh my... that preview doesn't sound good... I hope Nicole slaps her, hard and tells her exactly what she thinks... :D

update soon

Oh Belle, what have you done? You threw away everything you had for a bit of excitement ??? Things don't stay exciting forever, and now all your left with is regrets...

And the previews :o Lets hope Nicole knocks some sense into her, and that Aden might be able to forgive her. Deep down, I'm fairly sure that Belle loves him. I think it was just having Drew back that made everything seem different.

Update really soon; I don't want my imagination to come up with more ways for their world to fall apart.

Archived