Keep Your Enemies Even Closer

Guest HeavenForbid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry it has been a while since an update =( I have been pretty much and now I'm back at college. I'll try update as best and as often as I can. Thank you for your comments, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Chapter Fourteen

News spread around the Year 12s about Summer Bay’s golden couple, breaking up. Belle walked down the halls to whispers which she knew were about her. Once they didn’t find out about her antics with Drew, the whispers are fine by her. She walked to her locker that happened to be beside Nicole.

“Can we talk, Nic?” Belle asked gently

“Belle, I said all I needed to say to you last night” Nicole responded seriously as she took out her books for the day.

“I want to say something…” Belle begged but Nicole wasn’t listening. She walked off to her class leaving Belle alone.

Belle got her books from her locker and headed to her first class. She watched as Nicole, Geoff and Aden seemed to be having a great time laughing and joking like nothing had happened. Belle sat in the front of the class. With Nicole not speaking to her, Geoff annoyed at her and Aden devastated over the break up, she thought it was the best to sit away from them.

The teacher came into the classroom followed by Ruby and Drew ten minutes later. To her surprise, Ruby sat down beside her. During the Ruby continued to look at Drew, then Belle and smirk at them both.

“What is your problem?” Belle finally snapped.

“I know what you did last night” Ruby winked.

“Girls! Ssh!” the teacher gave out to them.

Belle looked at Ruby. She knew about her secret. She knew Ruby would make her life hell over this.

The class ended surprisingly quickly. Belle rushed out of the class after Ruby. She didn’t even notice anyone else leaving. She ran down the hallway and finally caught up with Ruby.

“You dirty girl, Belle” Ruby smirked “You dirty dirty girl…Sleeping with Drew” She dangled Belle’s necklace in front of Belle.

Her heart sank. She grabbed the necklace from her “Stay the hell away from me.”

Belle rushed down the corridor to get away from Ruby “I could use this to my advantage…”

She stopped and turned around. Matching back up to Ruby, she pushed her “Don‘t you even dare. I‘m warning you Ruby, I will make your life a living hell”

“I think I could make yours worse…” Ruby grinned

“Believe me when I say I‘ve already been pushed to the lowest point of my life. ”

Suddenly Belle realised all of her mistakes. How much she wanted everything to be the same. How she missed her plain relationship with Aden and her great friendships with Nicole and Geoff. Those three people were her life. Drew was a blast from the past. She wasn’t in love him. She was in love with the idea of excitement again.

Belle walked off, leaving Ruby in the hallway alone.

“I need to tell you something”

Aden looked up at the person in front of him. “What‘s up? Is everything okay?”

“Drew and Belle slept together last night”

Aden dropped the glass he was holding. Hurt? Devastated? Tearful? Sad? No, Aden wanted revenge for the pain and humiliation Belle had caused him.

“I’ll call you later okay” Geoff said to his girlfriend on the phone “Dinner is up”

“Okay, babe. Love you” Nicole replied and hung up.

Geoff came out of his bedroom and down the stairs. He sat down at the table where Belle was already sitting. She looked tired and worn out. After the day she had, anyone would be.

“Are you okay?” Geoff asked in a caring manner.

Belle looked up. Geoff didn‘t need an answer. The expression on her face told him the answer. While Geoff was angry for how Belle had hurt Aden, he was still like a brother to her and couldn't be angry for very long.

“This came for you, today” Irene smiled handing him a letter.

Geoff was curious. He opened the letter straight away. Belle watched as Geoff read the letter to himself.

“Well what‘s it say?” Belle asked, wanting to know.

“I applied to University…”

“Did you get in?! Was it an acceptance letter, this early?” Irene replied with pride.

“No…No…It doesn‘t matter. I‘m not going to do it” Geoff told them.

“Do what? What is the letter about?” Belle asked, grabbing it and opening it as Geoff tried to stop her.

“Dear Mr Campbell. We are pleased to inform you that we have accepted you into our auditions process at the University. You are required to come and stay for two weeks where we will have a set of auditions for you to attend” Belle read out with Irene basically crying with the pride. “You applied to do Drama studies?”

“I‘ve always been interested, you know that” Geoff responded. “Look where it is”

Belle scanned the top of the letter “England. University of London”

“London?!” Irene exclaimed. “Geoff!” she screeched and hugged Geoff.

“I can‘t leave Summer Bay, guys. It was something I applied for…Not really thinking about it”

Belle tried to encourage him to go to the auditions. “If I had the chance, I would be leaving Summer Bay as soon as possible”

“I‘ll think about it…” Geoff replied taking the letter back from Belle.

Could he really leave Summer Bay? His friends, his family. And most importantly; Nicole. They hadn’t discussed what they would do after high school. Maybe it was too early since the school year was only in the first term. They hadn’t finished the first term of school yet, let alone discussed the future of their relationship.

He assumed it would always be them two together but they wanted to different things with their future. He wanted to do drama and Nicole wanted to do nursing. He was unsure of the places she would be applying too.

Speaking to Nicole about this would probably be the best idea, Geoff just didn’t know how to bring it up.

Preview:

- Someone is feeling guilty about revealing Belle and Drew‘s secret.

Nice update.Loved the bit of banter between Belle and Geoff:Geoff could be going to London?That's interesting.I don't think that was Ruby that told Aden, it really didn't sound like her

and neither does the preview for the next chapter

.I think maybe it was Jazz since she seems to be the only other person that knows.

Well, looks like Aden and Belle are truly over (hopefully just for now). I knew Belle only "loved" Drew because he was something different, and I still can't believe that she threw away everything she had.

I really want to know what Aden will do for revenge, but at the same time, I don't... unless it's something really terrible, and then he feels bad, and talks to her, and then they get back together.

Not liking Ruby one bit in this fic. She's the evil drama :angry:

Update real soon !

Archived