Keep Your Enemies Even Closer

Guest HeavenForbid

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all for the comments on the last update. Sorry it's taking a while for this one. I'm in the middle of my semester exams. Decided to take a break and do this chapter. Hope you like it...and don't hate me afterwards... :unsure:

Chapter Eleven

“Not allowed to smoke at home?”

“So we meet again…” Drew winked eyeing up Ruby in her uniform.

“We do. And at the school gates, once again” Ruby laughed.

“It is the start of term” Drew replied, as he flicked his cigarette on the ground “Ready to go in?”

Ruby smiled and walked into the school with Drew by her side. Slowly behind were Belle, Aden, Geoff and Nicole.

“Those two know each other?” Aden asked, uneasy

“Hmm, probably just met” Belle thought staring at them walking in together, as Nicole agreed.

They walked into the hall where Miles gave them a talk about how important this year was going to be for them and how they needed to work. Belle couldn’t help but stare at Drew with Ruby. She was giggling at whatever he was saying to her, making her also blush. After the talk was over, they went to their first class. The day seemed to drag on. Everyone couldn’t wait for the day to be over with, wishing it was still summer.

Belle and Aden waited for Geoff and Nicole outside the gates. Holding his girlfriend tightly, he kept kissing her nose, showing how much he cared for her. Ruby and Drew walked past them, making Belle feel uneasy walking them walk down the road together. Were they together?

Nicole stormed out of the school with Geoff running behind him.

“He said he would give her help in maths!” Nicole raged once she reached Belle and Aden.

“She needed help, Nic!” Geoff explained once he got to her. “What am I supposed to say?”

“Who did what now?” Aden asked as Belle wondered also.

“Ruby!” Nicole snarled at Geoff “He promised to give her some help in maths”

“You know very well I wont let anything happen” Geoff replied calmly “I love you. Nicole”

Nicole seemed to be very upset, even though she knew Geoff wouldn’t try anything. She didn’t want to let him know it was Ruby she was worried about. Something in her head told her that Ruby wasn’t going to give up that easily on Geoff.

“Has the school changed since you were last there?”

Ruby and Drew had gone to the diner. They had been together all day. Ruby liked Drew’s charm. He was cute and funny also. He had a good personality. But she wouldn’t let him get in the way of her plans to get Geoff.

“Not so much, actually. Still the same school really. Apart from there are a couple of extra cute girls there now”

Ruby blushed “It was a good first day anyway. I have to say that. I think I‘m going to like this school”

“Oh yeah? Why was it so good?” Drew asked, interested.

“Well it‘s a new school. Like to get to know new things, getting exciting”

Suddenly Ruby’s phone rang. She told it out and saw Charlie’s name. After a couple of minutes she hung up.

“I have to go. Charlie, my sister, wants me home now…”

“I‘ll walk you out the door then!” Drew smiled and stood up.

The pair walked out the door. Ruby said goodbye and walked the other way than Drew was going. He turned to walk the other way, seeing Belle walk towards him.

“You look more beautiful as the day goes on…”

“Drew, don’t.” Belle said sternly “What are you doing with Ruby Buckton?”

“Just hanging out. Why? Jealous?” Drew winked

“No!” Belle replied straight away “She is bad news, Drew.”

“Why do you say that?” Drew asked “What has she done to you?”

“She is trying to get between my two best friends”

“You honestly think a beautiful hot blonde and Geoff Campbell go well together?” Drew spat “Get real, Belle. Frankly, that dork shouldn‘t even have a girlfriend.”

“They have been together since you left, Drew!” Belle said raged, starting to walk away “I can‘t believe I was thinking you changed, you haven‘t!”

Belle turned around and walked away from Drew. She was starting to think he had changed. How dare he insult one of her friends. It was uncalled for and showed her that Drew hadn’t changed.

“You and Ruby deserve each other!” She shouted and continued walking the other way.

Drew stood there and laughed. “We aren’t even together. Women, I’ll never understand them” He said to himself, before starting to walk home. It had been a good day for him. Would it get any better?

Nicole was happily sitting on the couch with her blanket and popcorn, watching a movie. She was on her own as her dad was working and Aden was out with Geoff. As she was about to re-fill her bowl of popcorn, the door knocked. She opened up to find a distraught Belle standing there. She ran into her best friends arms.

“Belle!” Nicole said worried “What…What is wrong?”

Nicole walked Belle into the sitting room. She sat her down on the couch and have her a tissue.

“It‘s Drew…” Belle wept, trying to get herself together.

“What has he done now?” Nicole snapped

“Nicole…” Belle began to say “I think…I think I still have feelings for him”

Nicole moved away from Belle in shock “What? Did I hear that right?”

“I know! I know!” Belle cried shaking her heard “I‘m so screwed up! But just everything that has happened…”

There was a quick pause before Belle spoke again “The fight with Aden, I was worrying about what damage Aden did to him. Watching him the last few days with Ruby…And today in school, she was giggling. I was getting really jealous Nicole…It was how I used to feel when we were together”

“Belle, you can‘t…This can‘t be happening”

“I know, Nicole…I have messed up really bad” Belle said to her, while she moved back in to comfort her.

“What about Aden?” Nicole asked, hoping this wouldn’t break up the cutest couple from Summer Bay.

“I really don‘t know…I really don‘t…” Belle said honestly “But Nicole, you have to promise me that this will stay between me and you…”

“Belle - ”

“Please, Nic!” Belle begged “Just until I sort everything out”

Preview:

- Nicole struggles to keep Belle’s revelation a secret from Aden.

- Geoff starts to tutor Ruby

Ha-hah!Yes, I thought Belle seemed to be taking a bit too much of an interest in Drew...To be fair, she hasn't actually done anything wrong, she's just confused.Not too happy about Drew's comments about Geoff and Nicole, he really needs to get rid of this chip on his shoulder.Looking forward to more.

Brilliant new chapter.

I like the little twist you've thrown in with Belle and Drew, its also quite interesting that she isn't going to let herself get distracted by Drew, almost using him as a smoke screen so that Nicole doesn't figure out what she is doing.

Although that said. It's pretty out there to ask Geoff to tutor you for maths.. no doubt these one-on-one sessions will see the blossoming of her plan

Hmmm... Belle still has feelings for Drew huh ? And she told Nicole to keep it a secret from Aden ? Well, we all know how that will turn out... (still hoping I'm wrong)

And Ruby seems bold to say the least. I wonder why she wants Geoff so bad... after all, there are other guys in the sea... unless she just likes the game...

Good luck with your exams; can't wait for the next update

I'm really hoping Belle isn't still in love with Drew and comes to her senses that she loves Aden and only Aden... but maybe seeing Drew is just stirring up old feelings and Belle is just confused seeing him around all the time.

Ruby getting tutoring from Geoff on her maths... I think its just a ploy to put her plan into action and Nicole has good reason not to trust Ruby.

Nice twist.... update soon and goodluck on your exams

Archived