Keep Your Enemies Even Closer

Guest HeavenForbid

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you guys for all the comments :)

Chapter Five

Three days had past since the incident at the beach. Nicole and Ruby had stayed away from each other. They had not spoken and that was perfectly fine for Nicole. She continued on her life with Geoff and her friends while Ruby was planning how to get Nicole out of the picture.

Ruby got out of bed and told Charlie and Angelo to enjoy their weekend break in the city. She mentioned that she would be having a couple of friends over. What she failed to mention was she was having a party where all the Year 12’s were invited. Charlie and Angelo left after breakfast and Ruby started to get the house ready for the party. She had said to anyone she met she was having a party over the past few days and to invite anyone and everyone they knew.

Geoff and Nicole where invited, but Nicole was reluctant to go. With a bit of convincing from Geoff, she decided to go for him. But only for an hour. Nicole didn’t want to be around Ruby any longer.

Aden was sitting in the living room of Irene’s house. She was waiting for Belle to finish getting ready. She came out of the bathroom in a towel. She had just gotten out of the shower.

“What time is it?” Belle asked, thinking it was only around five o’clock.

“Quarter to eight, Belle” Aden smirked as Belle ran into the room, to get ready really quickly. “Hey, relax. Take your time” Aden laughed walking in after her.

“Why don‘t you go to the party and I‘ll follow when I‘m ready.” Belle suggested, looking for her hairdryer in her wardrobe. “I think I am going to be a while”

“Okay, babe.” Aden smiled and kissed Belle “See you soon. Give me a text when you are leaving, yeah?”

“Will do. Love you” Belle replied and Aden left her bedroom in order for her to get ready.

When Aden arrived, Geoff and Nicole were already there. Nicole was acting childish with her attitude. She just wanted to get out of there. Ruby came over with some drinks for them.

“Hey guys, welcome to the party” Ruby said handing then each a drink.

Nicole looked around, not listening to Ruby speaking. “You have a nice place here”

“Thanks, Nicole. Charlie and Angelo really look after the place” Ruby smiled. “So, kitchen is that way” she added pointing to a door that led into the kitchen “And bathroom is down there” she replied walking down the hallway.

“Do you know all these people? You have been here for like 4 days…” Nicole pointed out as Geoff looked at her, disappointed.

Ruby chuckled “I don‘t, actually. But I told some people, who told some people, who then told some more people…Well you get the picture. Great way to get to know all my fellow Year 12 classmates” Ruby smirked as she watched Ruby’s heart sink.

“So, you are staying?” Aden asked, taking a sip of his drinking

“Yep, I sure am.” Ruby said delighted. “So we are all going to be friends!”

Nicole was becoming more and more annoyed. She knew deep down Ruby was hiding something. She knew she was untrustworthy. But she just needed to prove it and with Geoff giving out to her, that was hard to do.

“Geoff, could you help me bring in the food from the kitchen please?” Ruby asked kindly. Geoff agreed and walked off after giving Nicole a kiss.

“I‘m going to call Belle, it‘s been a while and I‘m getting worried” Aden replied and walked out the front leaving Nicole alone.

Nicole sat on the couch where she was approached by someone she didn’t know. He was very drunk, rambling about something Nicole didn’t care about. All she wanted to do was go home and not be chatted up by someone who have about ten too many…

“My name is Nathan” he mumbled in a drunken slur.

“That‘s great…” Nicole replied, disgusted.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Geoff was helping Ruby with the food. She has prepared cocktail sausages, chicken nuggets, spicy wedges, chips, burgers and fish fingers. Geoff thought that was very thoughtful. Whenever he was at a party, nobody would have prepared food.

“Ready to go then?” Geoff asked, making sure she could carry her share of the plates.

“I‘m ready, lets go” Ruby smiled.

The pair walked into the sitting room, laughing and joking. Suddenly, Geoff dropped the plates on the ground. The food went all over the place. Everyone stopped dancing and talking. All focus was on Geoff.

“What do you think you are doing?!” Geoff raged at Nicole.

“Geoff, please! Let me explain” Nicole begged pushing the drunk guy off of her. “It‘s not what you -”

“Save it for someone who cares, Nicole” Geoff replied, very upset. He thanked Ruby for the invite to the party and ran out the door, passing Aden who was still on the phone to Belle.

“Hey, Belle. Listen I have to go, babe. Text when you are leaving, love you” Aden said focusing on Geoff walking down the driveway, kicking anything in his way.

Aden went into the living room. Nicole was crying and Ruby as clearing up the food which Geoff dropped.

“Nic, what has happened?” Aden asked while Nicole could only cry.

Ruby went over to Aden to over some insight “Hm…Geoff got a bit upset at Nicole”

“How so? What happened in the five minutes I was outside, Ruby?” Aden questioned, while handing Nicole a tissue.

“Maybe we should speak about this in the kitchen?” Nicole suggested. Aden followed her into the kitchen where she shut the door.

“So?”

“Well, Geoff and I were in the kitchen getting food…” Nicole began “Hm...when we came back in, Nicole was kissing some guy. I don‘t even know him Aden”

“No, she wouldn‘t do that. She may be jealous of you Ruby, but she would never ever kiss someone else when she is with Geoff.” Aden defended his friend “I better go and take her home”

Aden left Ruby in the kitchen. Her frowning turned into an evil smirk once Aden left. Nicole was jealous of me, she thought. She followed out to the living room, Aden was getting Nicole’s things together. She was devastated. Aden helped his friend up, and left the party, which had resumed. Nobody was paying attention anymore to what had happened.

“Well, guys I think we should call it a night” Ruby said, ordering people to leave. The house was trashed and would take all night to clean up.

People complained while walking out since it was so early. Ruby assured them she would have another party very soon which cheered the guests up.

Leaving now. See you soon. xxxxx

Belle finished off her text message and send it to Aden, unbeknown to what had happened while she was finishing getting ready. She grabbed her keys and coat and left the house. She locked the front door of the house. As she placed her keys into her bag, she saw a shadow coming towards her.

“Aden?…” She called, getting worried.

The shadow become closer and closer and gradually into the light. Belle was left stunned and shocked who was standing in front of her.

“I‘m definitely not Aden, Taylor.”

“Drew…”

Preview:

- Ruby has a late night visitor.

- Why has Drew come back to Summer Bay, after a long time away.

- Geoff and Aden have a heart to heart.

Okay, so adellejefferiesxox guessed right. :P

Poor Nic! I feel so sorry for her!

I hope Goeff understands! And Ruby styas away, althought the late night visitor doesn't sound too promising :(

And Drew! I thought it might be him! I always like drew lol,, I hope he doesn't do anyhting stupid though!!

Update soon El x

Archived