Unfamiliar (by Taniya_K) - comments

monkeysmoke

Aden, Im not going to arrange my life around him! And I sure as Hell am not going to do all that. Im not going to go seeking him out, but Im not going to treat him like an outsider.

Honestly I rather have her treating him like an outsider. Then I don't have to see her get irritated everytime she is around him. I found it funny how when she was talking to him she couldn't get away from him fast enough, yet she can stand around defending him to Aden. Considering her last scene with Justin you would think, that when she realised that he only wanted to talk here, she would have shown some sort of remorse over her previous words to him. But I guess for her it's all about Aden, and whoever else gets hurt it doesn't matter, it's justified if she's doing it to protect him. I'm harsh on her I know, but her scenes with Justin doesn't do her any much favors. She seems to act like shes above him, and his just a burden that won't go away. Right now Justin is showing way more understanding, maturity, and respect, then she is. And even though he can't shut is mouth for 5 seconds with his witty comments(that I love), he still comes of as the better person between them. And it souldn't be like that.

It's only been 4 days. - Thats what she said before.

Fine! If you dont want to even try and sort this out, then just leave! You know what? You walk out that door and dont you even think about coming back again this time!

Seriously, It's only been 4 days and she's kicking him out. She really thinks she should have been forgiven that soon. Amazing, it only took 4 days before she made it about them, instead of just him. She betrays his trust, and shows she doesn't trust him to be able to handle something tough without being pushed over the edge, and she expects him to forgive her in four days. Different case if all this frustration, and anger of hers came after weeks of them being like this, but 4 days. And considering all the times he as started talking to her a little, watching movies with her, and even holding her at night, she is bloody lucky. I was under the impression that it been a longer time since she told him about seeing Justin. For what she did the silent treatment should have lasted 4 days. Seriously, she does something wrong, then starts making demands because he refuses to deal with in 4 days. Is she taking tips from Martha, on how to be a wife. And tips from J/M on what real commitment is.

Anyway I did enjoy the scene with Mattie, Ric, Drew, and Belle. It was funny. I love that you've kept her old friends in it. And to think I was so happy to see Belle feeling better. That changed fast, for me.

With Belle, in the last few chapters I go from, hating her in one chapter, then feeling a little for her, to warming to her, to in this chapter wishing I could strangle her, and secretly hoping Aden throws some divorce papers at her(okay I don't really want that to happen but it would give her a serious wake up call), because she really shouldn't be married. I honestly believe she needed to grow up alot first. I'm starting to question whether getting married was a good thing for Belle and Aden. I feel he is doing a good job of it so far, in the happy and sad times, but so far it's only in the happy times that she is coping well. I don't think she is cut out for it yet. And it's not just about this chapter, but a few moments in other ones as well. People say things in the heat of the moment, that I can understand, but she just doesn't know how to make a right decision at all.

I felt Aden was actually slowly trying in this chapter. By going to her to apologise for snapping at her he showed that he really doesn't like treating her that way. And for him to feel this way after only 4 days, he's showing alot more understanding then most would. And the fact that after such a small time, he is still making the effort to watch movies with her(even if his mind is not in it), hold her, and talk sometimes, is a lot. He does need a push when it comes to dealing with Justin though. Because his attitude towards that is unhealthy. He really is avoiding it, rather than taking time. I'm was glad when Belle pointed that one out. But theres a difference between being tough and giving someone a push, and what she did. She started it out about Justin, but in the end used it to make it about their marriage. While their marriage is important, right now her husband is hurting, and is confused, she could atleast put them aside for one minute and keep the conversation about him.

Anyway enough ranting by me. Still love your writing. Don't think I'd be feeling this strongly about the characters if I didn't. I'm a Belle fan first and hate when people purposely create a storyline/or situation in fic, and on the show, that keep making her out to be the villian and Aden the victim. When she takes everything he throws at her without standing up for herself. Then she snaps and makes one comment against him and shes a monster. But only love her standing up for herself when it is warranted. I don't think she was being treated unfairly here. She infact as been treated pretty well considering. She had a right to be angry and frustrated(with good reason),here, but she really didn't have any right to demand anything.

I'm still looking forward to the next chapter. It's really getting interesting. I'm loving how angsty you've made everything. I know it might not seem like that considering how much I've critisized it recently but I love when fics give me lots to think about. When it makes me feel so strongly about a character. And when the characters actions can make me feel, angry, happy, sad, and want to smile just reading it. And this fic as had it all. I prefer chapters that leaving me so mad, stunned, or in such a good mood, then the ones where I leave it thinking 'oh it was good I guess, nothing special but good'. And then I have to think of what to say. You haven't had many chapters like that but it happens. I like chapters like this. Ones that leave me with all the words in my head, that once I start my review I find it difficult to stop.

I think this is officially my longest review for you. But, hey, I did say that once I start I can't stop.

Edited by Jody

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked that chapter (and all of the one's that I missed while I was away).

I loved the conversation Belle, Matilda, Drew and Ric had about the baby's name. It was very funny.

I don't think (or maybe it's hope) that would never come back. He wouldn't be able to just walk away forever, surely?!?!

It does make sense!!! and it was no problem reading it through for you :D

I seriously LOVED that chapter!!

The confusion, tension, fluff, questioning were all written so well!!

Brilliant writing as per :D

Cant wait to find out where they're gonna go from here!!