Unfamiliar (by Taniya_K) - comments

monkeysmoke

Belle, I hate lying to you. I hate doubting you, not trusting you or hurting you. I might do it unintentionally, because lets face it; Im not really Mr. Perfect, now am I? But I try to keep out of situations that I know I would do any of those. Yet you Aden trailed off before shrugging casually and raising an eyebrow at her. You dont. You purposefully put yourself into that situation, and you purposefully lied to me.

Aden- Belle tried, straightening her posture as she pushed herself off the armrest gently.

Its not that we dont talk anymore, Belle. Its that we dont talk honestly. Either of us. He carried on slowly, saying each word with a carefulness that showed just how much he meant them.

Im sorry. She whispered as Aden tilted his head up slightly again, still looking at her to see a few tears cascade down her cheeks.

Stop saying youre sorry. I know youre sorry, Belle. His tone wasnt as harsh as the words may have been. In fact, they carried the loving undertone that she had missed over the part few days. It doesnt do anything, though.

I loved this part. I loved everything that Aden said.

Aden is continuing to impress me. He really has seemed to grow into the role of husband and father. I loved him in this chapter. He managed to stand his ground without coming of as mean or demanding. And was very calm for most part about it too.

Belle was a little easier to handle here. Although it is funny every single time she starts a sentence with 'I'm not going to make excuses ' she always ends with a but 'I was only trying to protect you' or some variation of that. Considering that was her original excuse, it's hard to take her words seriously.

Wasn't happy with her playing the victim. Sharing her feelings about not being so good at adjusting to this was one thing but when she kept bringing it up with 'More like I had my faults right' or going on about how easy it is for him, it just made her look pathethic. She could shared her worries about it without bringing up all that.

After the last chapter it was a bit hard for me listen to her go on about what's a marriage is all about, even if she had some very good points, and not see it has a complete joke.

When Aden asked her about regretting getting married. I was hoping he would have said 'so young' instead of 'so soon'. The 'so soon' didn't really leave much room for a proper discussion.

Anyways I enjoyed this chapter. I actually liked him forgiving her. But still needing time. The scene about when the baby kicks was kinda cute. Hopefully things start to get better soon. I'm finding Belle much more likeable when she's happy. Although, apart from that one scene with Justin, I've been loving this Aden.

Edited by Jody

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked that a lot. A whole chapter of just Aden and Belle is always good!

I think that's probably one of my favourite chapters.

It was really good that they talked, properly.

Can't wait to see what's going to happen in the next chapter.

Good luck with your exams!