1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Oh and while we are on that subject, why is it that it is OK for an older guy (say, 19) to go out with a schoolgirl (say, 15 or 16) whereas if it was in reverse it's not OK (older girl Norelle, 19) and younger guy (Steven, 15 or 16)??

It stinks of double standards if you ask me.

It definitely felt slightly eerie when Bobby told Alan she would hate to end up on a life support machine! :(

I really love the quality of these episodes - the pace, the perfect balance between humour and emotion, the poignant moments, the feel good moments, the genuine sense of a small sea side town and what the writers decide to show in terms of character development.

I noticed Alf officially "flamed" for the very first time in this episode. When Alf and Alsa were arguing about the double-booking after apparently resolving their differences over Brett's resort, Alf says "Thanks for stickin' up for me, Alf. Oh no worries Als" then he mutters the words under his breath: "flamin' women". You should have seen the flames really erupt at the end of today's episode, no wonder Alf became the legend that he is today!!

Sorry, I wish to correct this as I have noticed Alf tell Bobby "don't you kids ever flamin' learn" when she urged him to stop Vera from gossiping about Carly being "attacked by that man" while hitch-hiking, in Episode 36.

Wow, what a great week this has been. Alf really blew it today!

I absolutely cannot stand Roo, my goodness what a self centered, conniving, manipulative girl she is.

Every scene she's in I want someone to punch her out. That obviously means she's playing her role well, but it's so painful!

Archived