1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Does anyone know how long Narelle sticks around for? I think she was a great character, shame she was never made permanent. Plus I searched Amanda Newman-Phillips on IMDB but it seems she dropped off the radar after 1992. :???:

The legacy of Narelle lived on for quite some time though. She's mentioned in 1991 when Bobby runs away with Sam as a possible place she could be and also Bobby thought about having her as a bridesmaid for her wedding to Greg.

What a great episode! The vultures were definitely swooping and Stan Smart was the "smartest" of the lot. He had $ signs in his eyes, he took what he wanted and left without a trace. I guess that he had had enough of both Colleen and Lance, so starting out a new life was a more prosperous solution with money and a new girl. No wonder he spent most of his time at the Pub and I'm amazed that Colleen really didn't tweak at all - she mustn't have been that cluey when it came to Stan's fascination with the Pub.

I'm glad that Ailsa talked Frank around to being the "insider" in the Macklin Corporation and that he is setting the ground rules.

I have to admit, it's nice seeing a few more faces in the early episodes who are recognisable and relevant to current Home and Away. Colleen seems as bogan and OTT as ever, though at this stage she does seem rather funny!

I really like Narelle, she should have stayed longer!

I'm finding it really hard to empathise with Carly at the moment, she just seems like a total b*tch a lot of the time - saying to Matt "I don't care about your dad's back, I care about us not being together" :o

Archived