1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I think these eps have some really shocking freeze frames, dodgy clothes and some naff lines... but I LOVE them anyway. There's something about good drama that remains timeless. Although I have to admit some of the things they get their knickers in a twist about I find hilarious. Like Celia considering what Narelle (sp?) was wearing to work to be revealing, lol.

Poor Frank. He's such a good guy. I genuinley have no idea who sent that furniture but I'm glad they did. Had to laugh at him thinking it was Carly though... as if. I loved Pippa giving her a serve, and Tom catching her out on Celia's stunt.

Favourite comic bits in the week were Floss's therapy, Sally offering to give her money to Frank (so adorable) and Bobby putting her hands on her mouth to try and complete the whole three monkey's 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' :P

I loved Lynn so I'm so dissapointed to see her go. I wish she hadn't, I think there was still plenty more they could have done with her but they did end it well. Admittedly shed a few tears, especially when she asked Carly to hold her. :(

Fisher is far more interesting with Alan and Barbara around. I just love Barbara full stop so anytime she's on for whatever reason is good enough for me. And it's so good to watch Cornelia as whatshername Armstrong on Sons and Daughters as this vulnerable but respectable woman being noble and giving up the man she loves only to see her half an hour later playing Morag the bitch. :P Kind of vice versa with Rowena Wallace playing such a calculated and ruthless character on Sons and Daughters only to play someone like June years later on haa.

Had to laugh at Nev being a Doctor in the last couple of eps of Sons and Daughters airing immediately before H&A. Presumably its the same hospital Tom was working at (and dealing with Pippa at one point!) a couple of months back. :lol:

I keep laughing at that too. I think it may be an in joke and we might see more cast in hospital scenes in the future. :P

no evil' :P

I loved Lynn so I'm so dissapointed to see her go. I wish she hadn't, I think there was still plenty more they could have done with her but they did end it well. Admittedly shed a few tears, especially when she asked Carly to hold her. :(

Fisher is far more interesting with Alan and Barbara around. I just love Barbara full stop so anytime she's on for whatever reason is good enough for me. And it's so good to watch Cornelia as whatshername Armstrong on Sons and Daughters as this vulnerable but respectable woman being noble and giving up the man she loves only to see her half an hour later playing Morag the bitch. :P Kind of vice versa with Rowena Wallace playing such a calculated and ruthless character on Sons and Daughters only to play someone like June years later on haa.

I'm really going to miss Lynn, which is very ironic given that I could barely remember her six months ago! :rolleyes:

Ironically enough, Cornelia's character's name in S&D is Barbara! :lol:

Does anyone know how long Narelle sticks around for? I think she was a great character, shame she was never made permanent. Plus I searched Amanda Newman-Phillips on IMDB but it seems she dropped off the radar after 1992. :???:

Archived