1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I think a lot of Lynn's aura or something could come from the fact that she is this mysterious character from the start of the show that is reasonably acted and has had a few storylines, but mostly because she isn't heard of again after the first six months.

Nah, I just think she's great!

I mean, I could vaguely remember liking her and being disappointed she left originally, but that was over 20 years ago, so I've been surprised by how good she was!

I still think they should have cut Floss and Nev loose instead (esp since they do just that in another 6 months. Waste IMHO) First big mistake for me, I think! :huh::wink:

I feel as though Floss and Neville become spare parts very earl on. They are constantly having scenes with the kids in Summer Bay House and it just seems very forced. I do think they're great characters and personally Ithink it was a mistake to axe them - I don't see why they couldn't have brought in some relations for them to interact with. As for Lynn, I also think she's a nice character but agree as an actress she's nothing special. I think out of the younger cast, Sharyn Hodgson and Nicolle Dickson shine as Carly and Bobby, I definitely think they're the best actors out of the young lot. :)

I feel as though Floss and Neville become spare parts very earl on. They are constantly having scenes with the kids in Summer Bay House and it just seems very forced. I do think they're great characters and personally Ithink it was a mistake to axe them - I don't see why they couldn't have brought in some relations for them to interact with.

They kinda screwed up with just limiting them to just one (jackass) son, really, didn't they? Without a family of their own to interact with, characters in that age group - no matter how good - tend to end up being left in the cold.

Carly, Roo and Bobby all irritate the crap out of me. Partially because one moment I love them and then the next moment I want smack them stupid. It's so hard to make up my mind when they act like cows one minute and then they have these really nice moments the next. :P I do love the writing of them though, because they're all complex. I've loved the past few weeks particularly of the early years, all the wedding stuff was great and I was in stiitches with Lance and Martin's prank on Celia. :P

Absolutely adore Barbara, she is by far the most relatable and normal out of the Stewart bunch. Speaking of, I always knew they had a long history and a big family in SB but I didn't realise they had THAT MANY all living there together at once. Sheesh!

Archived