1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

To be honest I was quite disappointed with the way Alf forgave Roo after Alsa, Barbra and Vera set up this fake story about her having an accident. Alf turfed her out for a reason — she let him down very badly by keeping up the lies about whose baby it was. Further, Alsa is bending over backwards to help Roo and you have seen and will see again the thanks that she gets (not that I am defending Alsa).

If only Roo didn't open her legs to Brett in the first place (I mean how DUMB was that????) or at least cleaned up the mess made (by having an abortion, at least before Brett found out his balls went dead) before it got this far out of hand.

Carly, Roo and Bobby all irritate the crap out of me. Partially because one moment I love them and then the next moment I want smack them stupid. It's so hard to make up my mind when they act like cows one minute and then they have these really nice moments the next. :P I do love the writing of them though, because they're all complex. I've loved the past few weeks particularly of the early years, all the wedding stuff was great and I was in stiitches with Lance and Martin's prank on Celia. :P

Absolutely adore Barbara, she is by far the most relatable and normal out of the Stewart bunch. Speaking of, I always knew they had a long history and a big family in SB but I didn't realise they had THAT MANY all living there together at once. Sheesh!

I think Carly and Bobby are both amazing characters. Really defined personalities, to an extent I think somer of the things Carly does are annoying, but at the same time Bobby always lashes out at everyone, but I can always see the reasons behind her actions.

The prank on Celia was hilarious :lol:

The shop is called Hogan's Store so maybe she still uses the name Hogan at work. Or maybe she doesn't change her name to Stewart until

she and Alf re-marry in front of their friends.

Old H&A Fan it is spelled Ailsa not Alsa :cool:

It is great having all the Stewarts in Summer Bay at the moment, hopefully with Morag to come back soon too. An era that sadly will never be repeated :(

Archived