Quick Fan Fiction Contest

Guest ish_the_angel

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks go to RR1 for his review and comment.

The writer of this amazing fic was TessaLove....

Over to you El to host the next Fan Fic Contest....

Tele

xx

Congratulations tessalove and good luck with hosting Fan Fic Contest #13. :)

Fanfic Contest #13

"Journey"

It can be anything you assoiate with the word Journey, an actual Journey like a holiday or an adventure.. or an spiritual or emotional journey...

Please Pm me you entries before Saturday the 7th of August... I will post the results on Sunday the 8th.... :) Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Jen!

Your entry was brilliant! You can now host the next contest!

El xx

Jennnnnnnnnnnnn! Well done. :D And as for that new topic... hmmm... nothing springs to mind! :P

Anayaaaaaaaaaa! Where have you been? :o Don't even tempt me.

Thank you to those who read and commented.

Now, the last few contests have only had one entry, so it seems a bit redundant in continuing it at this point. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but maybe a break for a while? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to host as long as people are going to enter, because it's kind of disappointing only getting one entry at a time.

Consider the following options:

- Continue the contests the way they are.

- Reduce the number of words required. Ie. Make it a 'drabble'. (Personally, I think it's harder to tell a story in fewer words).

- More time to complete entries (But that would remove the 'Quick' aspect of the contest).

- Topics based on single characters, rather than themes. Or would you prefer more obsure topics? Key words that have to be used?

Please if you browse this thread, leave a comment and let me know what you would like to do.

I've thought of entering quite a few times but it's just I never seem to make the deadlines and maybe it's a bit of fear of me creating something rubbish :lol: I would like to see it continue though; I'll definetely give it a go! I quite like the theme aspect because it gives you more scope of what you can do rather than just being 'forced' to write about a character you might not be particularly inspired by. But that's just me!

Congrats, Jen!

Maybe make the number of words less, so people don't feel they have to write loads? :huh: Not sure.

Maybe start off a story, then people have to finish it, e.g. Nicole comes home one day, opens the front door and sees.... what? who? Perhaps that would intrigue people enough to write something. Or even write the ending sentence, like 'she knew life would never be the same again after today.'

Just some ideas :unsure:

I've thought of entering quite a few times but it's just I never seem to make the deadlines and maybe it's a bit of fear of me creating something rubbish :lol: I would like to see it continue though; I'll definetely give it a go! I quite like the theme aspect because it gives you more scope of what you can do rather than just being 'forced' to write about a character you might not be particularly inspired by. But that's just me!

Noted.

And don't worry about writing something that's not perfect. That is what is so great about these, is, if you like the topic just write the first thing that comes to mind. I don't really edit mine at all, just write from start to finish (not all in one sitting, but). I'm sure it won't be rubbish, but the comments are always really constructive, so the aim to improve as a writer.

Congrats, Jen!

Maybe make the number of words less, so people don't feel they have to write loads? :huh: Not sure.

Maybe start off a story, then people have to finish it, e.g. Nicole comes home one day, opens the front door and sees.... what? who? Perhaps that would intrigue people enough to write something. Or even write the ending sentence, like 'she knew life would never be the same again after today.'

Just some ideas :unsure:

Thanks for the ideas.

Looks like there is some interest. I will work on getting a topic and guidelines together really soon :).

Archived