Quick Fan Fiction Contest

Guest ish_the_angel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voting has now closed and I can announce that the winner of the Quick Fanfic Contest #16 is........

KirstyEkua which was entry number 2!

A huge congratulations to Kirsty and also to matticus who came second place with entry number three and tessalove for her entry number one. They were all fantastic entries and I was really impressed with the standards of writing. Also thank you so much to those that gave feedback on entry number 4; to answer your questions I believe there is a possibility it will be made into a longer fic so fingers crossed!

I was overwhelmed with the amount of people who commented on the fics so thank you to all those who did and gave great detailed, constructive feedback to the authors who I'm sure will be really grateful. Hopefully this amount of feedback will continue in future fanfic contests.

It is now Kirsty's turn to hose the next contest so I'm looking forward to seeing the topic :) And thank you Jen for letting me host this one.

Thank you :)

And i really want to say thank you to Jen for her detailed response to the fic, it was really apperciatred. I've been away for a few days which is why i havent yet posted a new contest. I'll have something up soon :)

And.....the extra fic belonged to me..so thank you to everyone (especially Jen - your detailed response and critique was amazing and i am really grateful for how much thought you put into it) for your comments, i'm considering making it into a long fic in the near future.

I've decided to try something a little different for this one. If no one likes it i'll change it so let me know how you all feel about it. :wink:

Basically i've started the story off and all you have to do is finish it. It can be about any character(s) you wish; the only rule is that they have to have lived in Summer Bay at some point. :) The first few sentences are below:

The wind howled as the rain battered the windows, causing them to shake and rattle. The storm was getting worse. Dark clouds hovered dangerously in the sky as the trees swayed angrily. (Insert character(s) name) shivered and closed his/her/their eyes wondering when this was going to end and how they were going to come out of it alive.

Length: 1000 to 2,500 words.

Entries to me by Saturday 9th of October, midnight GMT.

^ Well, I really like it. I've hit a bit of a wall with my writing, but you never know, this might just inspire me :).

And you are more than welcome for the comments. I hope they were helpful in some small way.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to say well done to charmed60 for writing the winning entry. It was brilliantly written and nearly had me in tears.

Also a big thank you to the other authors for their stories which were both amazing and well written.

A little disappointed in the lack of voting though...hopefully it'll pick up next time.

Over to you charmed60 & Congrats. :)

Well done charmed60.

If no one has any objections, my entry was #3 (the Mattie/Lucas one) and I was hoping to post it in the main fanfiction forum, so I can link it in my profile. I'll put a form on it and do all those right things.

Thank you all so much for your votes, Idscott and Jen and RR for your reviews. It really helped me look at the way I write and think about how the information I want to get is coming across so I hope I will improve in the future. Well done to Jen and Carina also, I loved your fics :)

Seeing as I hosted the contest before this perhaps I could return the favour and ask Jen if she'd like to host the next one?

Archived