Martha/Hugo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I guess I should finally come out of the closet and admit that I like them :P I was really against them happening before they got together, but they're actually very cute and amusing. They bring out a really nice side to each other. That'll teach me not to judge a couple before I've even seen them together :P

I really hope Hugo doesn't turn out to be as dodgy as he seems now, but since he's dating Martha, miss rarely had a law abiding boyfriend without a dark hidden secret in her life, it's not looking good.

When they were arguing about where they were gonna spend their first time, Hugo's excuse "the mattress isn't comfortable enough, we need a new one" (when making out on the street.. a drive to the farm can take like forever ) didn't quite fit with the fact that Martha just bought a new mattress, you know when their car broke down and it wouldn't stop raining, they were stuck at the farm.

Too much details(

:blush: )

Edited by superman's girlfriend

I like them separately and love them together. Personally I found Jack as interesting as boiled cabbage. :P I wasn't a great fan of Roman or Conrad - nothing against him I just didn't warm to the character - but I do think Bernard Curry is a very good actor. You need to look up the definition of incest, though. So far as Martha and Hugo are concerned, there's nothing 'wrong' or illegal about it. Incest is between close blood relations, which doesn't fit their situation at all. They're only related through marriage, not blood, and not even a CLOSE marriage (it's not like Hugo was Jack's brother), so there's absolutely nothing disgusting about it. I think they're lovely together. :D

Okay point taken on the incest thing, but Jack and Hugo are still family and it's wrong to me. Martha reeks of desperation, dating Hugo in a desperate bid to replace what she has lost. Martha (I'm so lonely with a man in my life) is a nobody without Jack, she has no spark and she's starting to grate on me. Jack's been dead for 6 months and to be honest I was half expecting her to hook up with Angelo. Martha crying that she can't lose Hugo after dating for 5 minutes was laughable.

I like them separately and love them together. Personally I found Jack as interesting as boiled cabbage. :P I wasn't a great fan of Roman or Conrad - nothing against him I just didn't warm to the character - but I do think Bernard Curry is a very good actor. You need to look up the definition of incest, though. So far as Martha and Hugo are concerned, there's nothing 'wrong' or illegal about it. Incest is between close blood relations, which doesn't fit their situation at all. They're only related through marriage, not blood, and not even a CLOSE marriage (it's not like Hugo was Jack's brother), so there's absolutely nothing disgusting about it. I think they're lovely together. :D

Okay point taken on the incest thing, but Jack and Hugo are still family and it's wrong to me. Martha reeks of desperation, dating Hugo in a desperate bid to replace what she has lost. Martha (I'm so lonely with a man in my life) is a nobody without Jack, she has no spark and she's starting to grate on me. Jack's been dead for 6 months and to be honest I was half expecting her to hook up with Angelo. Martha crying that she can't lose Hugo after dating for 5 minutes was laughable.

What makes you think she's only with Hugo because she desperately wants to replace Jack? I don't get that impression at all, and she's never given any indication of it. We know Martha struggled with her feelings for Hugo and couldn't be with him until she'd laid the proverbial ghost of Jack to rest - let's not forget it was Hugo who fell for her first, not the other way around - so it's not like Hugo walked in the door and she sniffed out the shared dna and jumped him in a heartbeat! :lol: And do you actually know just how many couples in their situation end up together after losing someone close to both of them? A lot! Widows marry their dead spouse's best friends or brothers because they grow close over a shared grieving, and I don't see anything wrong with that at all. A cousin is nothing. It's a pretty natural thing to happen. I can't perceive any problem either with her crying about losing him when they'd not been together long - after the whole drama they went through before getting together, I'd be saying the same thing. I think it took a lot for her to accept how she felt, so it's not surprising she's not wanting to let him go just yet!

I also disagree with all of the Martha haters claiming she's 'nothing without Jack'. What a lot of tripe! Jack wasn't a saint, and he certainly wasn't the either the best or most interesting character the show's ever had. I think there's just a problem here with people letting go of him... :lol::ph34r: Martha's moved on, the viewers need to let her!

Edited by hollywoodmug2

I have to agree with Hodgo4. Martha only ever seems to be happy when there's a man in her life, but that's reminiscent of many people IRL so I like that 'realism' side to her.

As for Hugo? He seems to be good for her; like in tonights epsidoe [4919] he stood up to her about the Ruby thing; usually her men seem to back off and it's obvious she wears the pants. But, she took Hugo's remarks on with good nature and yeah - I appreciated this.

Think they do work well togehter; Martha & Jack at the start were excellent, when they had all the sparks flying but ... by the time of his death, to be honest, they'd run their course - in my likings anyway.

As for Hugo? He seems to be good for her; like in tonights epsidoe [4919] he stood up to her about the Ruby thing; usually her men seem to back off and it's obvious she wears the pants. But, she took Hugo's remarks on with good nature and yeah - I appreciated this.

I loved how he handled Martha in that! He could have got snarky back, and frankly she'd have deserved it for what she said to him, but I liked how he didn't rise to the bait, as she no doubt expected him to. I think he could be exactly what she needs to grow up a bit! :lol:

Edited by hollywoodmug2

When she was stressing about the Colleen situation, he knew how to calm her down "want me to fight it out for yo" what Martha needs is a real man and lucky for Martha "Hugo has never been inlove before" he needs challenge, they are perfect for each other.

Edited by superman's girlfriend

I think we are all forgetting the fact that Martha has been perfectly happy without Hugo for 6 months as she got the farm and moved on with her life. She might not have forgotten Jack but why would she after everything they went through together. If it had happened to Aden/Belle then there would be massive uproar but Martha deserves some happiness and despite my fears that it wasnt right, Hugo is perfect for her in every way as he adores her and he is not in any way a replacement for Jack!

I loved how he handled Martha in that! He could have got snarky back, and frankly she'd have deserved it for what she said to him, but I liked how he didn't rise to the bait, as she no doubt expected him to. I think he could be exactly what she needs to grow up a bit! :lol:

he was great with her! They are good for each other imo