Martha/Hugo

I hope Hugo and Martha will last. Unlike Jack and Martha who were on and off.

Martha and Hugo will NEVER EVER have what Jack & Martha had!!

I agree, JM forever, but I do like the Martha/Hugo pairing. It seems new and interesting. Besides, on HAA mostly everyone moves on after they've lost someone, so I'm glad it's Hugo - not some random who has no connection to anybody in the Bay whatsoever. I'm looking forward to what they bring :).

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Hugo and Martha will last. Unlike Jack and Martha who were on and off.

Martha and Hugo will NEVER EVER have what Jack & Martha had!!

I agree, JM forever, but I do like the Martha/Hugo pairing. It seems new and interesting. Besides, on HAA mostly everyone moves on after they've lost someone, so I'm glad it's Hugo - not some random who has no connection to anybody in the Bay whatsoever. I'm looking forward to what they bring :).

I cant stand Martha and Hugo

He is better on his own but Martha brings him down

Kill her off please

Edited by gazzalovesu

No offence at all intended to anyone, but why do people go into 'couple' threads only to slag them off?? :huh: It's getting really frustrating to see nothing but 'I hate Margo', 'I prefer Jack and Martha', 'kill Martha off' posts in here, when I actually really LIKE this couple and would like to be able to read something positive in a thread about them and discuss them somewhere that isn't full of negative posts. :(

Edited by hollywoodmug2

No offence at all intended to anyone, but why do people go into 'couple' threads only to slag them off?? :huh: It's getting really frustrating to see nothing but 'I hate Margo', 'I prefer Jack and Martha', 'kill Martha off' posts in here, when I actually really LIKE this couple and would like to be able to read something positive in a thread about them and discuss them somewhere that isn't full of negative posts. :(

Well it is everywhere not just on Margo every character gets hated on

just look back on the whole Tachel vs Adelle vs Tachel drama

Edited by gazzalovesu

Why kill Martha ? At least Martha don;t lie and cheat like some people.

Hugo and Martha are good together. What Martha had with Jack was real. Martha choose to move on with Jack's cousin Hugo. Hugo and Martha make each other happy. They will never have that connection that Jack and Martha had, but Hugo makes her happy. Isn't that the main thing?

Why kill Martha ? At least Martha don;t lie and cheat like some people.

Hugo and Martha are good together. What Martha had with Jack was real. Martha choose to move on with Jack's cousin Hugo. Hugo and Martha make each other happy. They will never have that connection that Jack and Martha had, but Hugo makes her happy. Isn't that the main thing?

Whats lying got to do with anything and yes she has told a lie heaps of times

And if you kill of all the people who lie and cheat no one will be left in it

Edited by gazzalovesu

I have to agree with those who say that Jack and Martha will never have what Margo do, but I dont necessairily think that has to be a bad thing. Hugo and Martha's chemistry is different, but still nice. I think they're quite a refrsehing couple to have on the show at the moment. The only way where they might be superior to JM is in the acting. As much as I love Paul, Bernard can act the socks off him. :P

Edited by caitrules

I really didn’t like this pairing initially; in fact I think it hated it. The whole concept bugged me and I couldn’t follow the storyline without wanting to strangle both of them for whinging so much. But in the last few of weeks/month and a half they’ve really grown on me. I was a big fan of Jack and Martha but I was honestly sick and tired of hearing his name over and over and over again. In soap time I think Martha spent enough time grieving him. The standard seems to be around 6 months. Leah had feelings for Miles around that time which she would have acted on had it not been for Kirsty, Sally moved on with Brad around that time, so did Hayley with Scott, and by the time Beth’s one year anniversary came around Tony had had a string of one night stands, been with Jazz and was engaged to Rachel. I’m glad Martha didn’t do the whole self destructive thing Aden’s doing, she’s been there already.

Anyway, I think the main reason I warmed to Martha/Hugo was probably because Hugo’s grown as a character. Blind Freddy can see he’s hiding something but he’s shown development from not taking responsibility of his brothers and running away every time something goes wrong. I hate to say it but he shown more development as a character in 6 months than Jack showed in 3 years, AND Bernard has always been a fantastic and believable actor. The main reason I like them at the moment though is because they have a positive effect on each other. Hugo also seems to have a big of a edge which matches Martha's not-so-perfect character too. So many of the other characters seem to make each other so miserable and they barely have any fun. If they didn’t explicitly state it I wouldn’t even know they were couples and not just acquaintances and friends because they don’t act like it. Hugo is great with her stubbornness/short fuse and she’s very good with making him take responsibility and helping out with his family. They have FUN- the show needs more of it.

Hugo is starting to warm on me too, but only in the last week or so. I'm not too sure if I like the Martha/Hugo pairing but that is more because I don't like Martha. Hugo's character is getting stronger, and I'm intrigued to see his part in the mystery storyline but I would prefer to see it without Martha by his side.