Martha/Hugo

I may have said this somewhere else before but nevermind! I like Martha a lot more than a while back. When she was dating jack she went mad and was a right selfish madam. Jack had to chase after her and for goodness knows what reason he did. I like the way her character is turning out now, she's a lot more chilled than she was. That's my view anyway. It'd be a boring forum if we thought the same!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't like them together as a couple. They haven't grown on me at all. I find them quite afflicting; is it because I can't get over Martha being with anyone else? I don't know. Although I didn't mind her being with some of her ex's.

To be honest, I just don't think Martha's interesting and intriguing without Jack.

I still don't like them together as a couple. They haven't grown on me at all. I find them quite afflicting; is it because I can't get over Martha being with anyone else? I don't know. Although I didn't mind her being with some of her ex's.

To be honest, I just don't think Martha's interesting and intriguing without Jack.

I know how you feel Steph :(

I quite liked some of her ex's as well but I think the difference now is that she and Jack will never be together again , with all her other boyfriends the chemistry was still always there with Jack.

I don't feel anything for Martha & Hugo , I don't hate them nor do I like them they are just there.

Martha was better when she was the other half of J&M :(

Seriously, does every Martha-Hugo discussion have to turn into a 'we prefer her with Jack' discussion? :( I DO like Martha and Hugo and am frankly fed up with seeing Jack this and Jack that any time Martha-Hugo come up, especially in the Margo thread. Surely there are other places to wax nostalgic about Martha/Jack? Really not meaning to offend anyone, but it's so frustrating. :(

Edited by hollywoodmug2

^^ I agree

I loved Jack and Martha but I have moved on and I like her with Hugo now too

I also don't agree about Martha being better as part of J&M

She is a really strong interesting character who is involved in great story lines even without Jack

Anyway this thread is about 'Margo' who definitely have tough times ahead!

Judging on the promo Hugo has no time for his 'wife' so at least its we don't have to worry about him wanting to get back with her

But I do wonder how he's going to explain this to Martha!

Edited by AnnaB

Seriously, does every Martha-Hugo discussion have to turn into a 'we prefer her with Jack' discussion? :( I DO like Martha and Hugo and am frankly fed up with seeing Jack this and Jack that any time Martha-Hugo come up, especially in the Margo thread. Surely there are other places to wax nostalgic about Martha/Jack? Really not meaning to offend anyone, but it's so frustrating. :(

Sorry but Jack has been a core part of Martha's character for the last 4 years since 2005 so its only inevitable that people might like to mention Jack in a thread thats also about Martha.

This is a Martha/Hugo thread but aren't we allowed to post in here that we don't like them and that Martha was better with Jack ?

and yes there are other places where we can reminisce about J&M but we come in here to say our thoughts about Martha & Hugo which I said that I don't like them as much as J&M.

and AnnaB I didn't mean that Martha wasn't good when she wasn't with Jack I just meant that she was better during her earlier years with Jack i.e 2005-2008. I do love Martha and she has some great storylines both with Jack and also on her own and I've enjoyed them all.

I would so love to see how strong this relationship would be if Jack made a return to the bay, I am positive that Martha would drop Hugo in a heartbeat.

I can't believe that Hugo has got a

wife

and never told Martha.Where is the trust in this relationship ? I think that Hugo is jut so accustomed to lying about everything that it just makes sense to him to not be honest.

Jack & Martha we're a huge part of the show for 4+ years and we're pivotal parts of each others lives so its hard not to ever mantion Jack again.

Edited by john003au
Name calling and personal attack

Sorry but Jack has been a core part of Martha's character for the last 4 years since 2005 so its only inevitable that people might like to mention Jack in a thread thats also about Martha.

This is a Martha/Hugo thread but aren't we allowed to post in here that we don't like them and that Martha was better with Jack ?

and yes there are other places where we can reminisce about J&M but we come in here to say our thoughts about Martha & Hugo which I said that I don't like them as much as J&M.

and AnnaB I didn't mean that Martha wasn't good when she wasn't with Jack I just meant that she was better during her earlier years with Jack i.e 2005-2008. I do love Martha and she has some great storylines both with Jack and also on her own and I've enjoyed them all.

I would so love to see how strong this relationship would be if Jack made a return to the bay, I am positive that Martha would drop Hugo in a heartbeat.

I can't believe that Hugo has got a

wife

and never told Martha.Where is the trust in this relationship ? I think that Hugo is jut so accustomed to lying about everything that it just makes sense to him to not be honest.

Jack & Martha we're a huge part of the show for 4+ years and we're pivotal parts of each others lives so its hard not to ever mantion Jack again.

Of course she would but thats no reflection on her relationship with Hugo or anyone else she ends up with.

thats probably true for most people whos loved one dies and their subsequent relationships

As for Hugo and Martha, I don't know how they will get through this revelation but as we can see in the promo Martha questions everything she knows about him which is understandable. I am intrigued as to what he will tell her and if they will resolve this because as you say it affects the trust in their relationship

Hugo seems to be a 'bury your head in the sand, run away' type of bloke so he seems to have done the same when handling this

For the moment I do believe he genuinely loves Martha and just didnt know how to deal with this and didnt want to lose her and new life he has with her...of course he may still loose her now as a result