Home & Away kiss cut

Guest Traceve

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH my god! Whats the point of doing this relationship if home and away isn't going to show the portrayal of lesbians truthfully! Seriously, people are acting like same sex relationship are taboo in soceity. And who cares if 11 year olds are exposed to this, its good because if they realise they are gay they won't feel so gulity about it.

What a watse of effort for home and away producers/ actors.

David Knox says:

March 28, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Re BTTB article:

My sources indicate the kiss is indeed censored. That is, it will not air as it was originally delivered.

Sources indicate it was toned down after the show got cold feet, and is not depicted with the same balance as it was shot or as depicted by straight couples.

If you click on the link the original article in The Australian indicates a kiss in some form is still due to air on Tuesday. But not in the way it was originally delivered.

TV Tonight stands by the claim it has been censored. We will have to wait and see exactly how much ends up on screen.

As Dan has already said, he has had the benefit of a preview sight of the episode in question and can confirm that the kiss is definitely there; he has also had confirmation from a high level source at Seven, whom we all know from past experience is 150% reliable, that nothing was cut.

This seem to me, nothing more than someone trying to hype up something out of nothing for the sake of a salacious story. The cynic in me even wonders if some rogue individual in the publicity dept is behind this thinking the publicity may massively boost the ratings - you never know. Remember though that it is for the press to prove that something was cut, having made the allegation, they must provide evidence that it was, and produce their source, and so far

they have provided nothing more than a rumour generated by themselves to substantiate their claims.

I have no doubt that after Tuesdays episode, when the kiss has aired, the majority of the public will be happy. I am absolutely sure nothing was cut from Friday's episode that was not cut for anything but the right reasons - i.e to make the scene work, and I am completely convinced that if there had been a kiss in the scene on the boat it would have totally ruined what was otherwise a perfectly constructed scene.

I suggest everyone calms down and waits to see what airs on Tuesday before they rush to judgment on this.

The article refers to The Sun's headline "Home and Away lesbian fury". For those of you who didn't read the article, the fury was referring to the people causing the fuss in Australia, not the fact there was going to be a lesbian kiss.

The article refers to The Sun's headline "Home and Away lesbian fury". For those of you who didn't read the article, the fury was referring to the people causing the fuss in Australia, not the fact there was going to be a lesbian kiss.

I knew that the article would have been about the complainers rather than than the actual lesbian kiss !!

OH my god! Whats the point of doing this relationship if home and away isn't going to show the portrayal of lesbians truthfully! Seriously, people are acting like same sex relationship are taboo in soceity. And who cares if 11 year olds are exposed to this, its good because if they realise they are gay they won't feel so gulity about it.

What a watse of effort for home and away producers/ actors.

Having watched the show since the very beginning, this is very similar to a controversy in the first year of the show. Frank (Alex Papps) and Bobby (Nicolle Dickson) had just got together as a couple, and the press ran stories about "teen sex scene on the beach", when all you saw was Frank leaning over to kiss Bobby and the camera panned out to show a panorama of the whole beach and the sea, and then cut away to another scene.

In a later interview, the original producer admitted that the studio had hyped the story, knowing it would get massive media attention, and thus bring new viewers to the show just to see what the fuss was about.

I agree 100% though that there's nothing at all wrong with Home and Away showing a same-sex relationship as "normal" (horrible word!), and I hope they allow the storyline to develop naturally, and not kill it after a few episodes as they did with Shannon's (Isla Fisher) storyline of a similar nature.

I still can't understand what all the fuss is about. Reading all these articles is infuriating! And considering Freya and Nicole kissed a few weeks ago... well it makes even less sense. I don't remember reading any complaints about that kiss.

Archived