Home & Away kiss cut

Guest Traceve

This is utterly ridiculous. Do the "concerned" mothers think two female characters kissing will turn their daughters into lesbians all of a sudden? What about the extremely raunchy scenes between Angelo and Charlie? Or all the Adelle bedroom scenes? Surely that would be more likely to influence young viewers, considering that the vast majority of people are heterosexual, not homosexual.

I actually am lost for words, I can barely contribute to this discussion.

EDIT: just read Dan' F's most recent post, that's a relief!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right everyone, I have 100% confirmation, from an inside source, that these articles are complete and utter bulls**t.

Joey and Charlie DO kiss in Tuesday's episode. It has NOT been cut.

It can now be understood exactly why Seven do not attempt these type of stories that often, as the hysteria surrounding it just is not worth it. This article was just yet another beat up.

This has just made my night! I was SO disappointed when I read they had cut the scenes, it made me really disillusioned with the network and even the show. I'm so pleased to hear it was all bull and I can't wait for this storyline to unfold :wub:

Right everyone, I have 100% confirmation, from an inside source, that these articles are complete and utter bulls**t.

Joey and Charlie DO kiss in Tuesday's episode. It has NOT been cut.

It can now be understood exactly why Seven do not attempt these type of stories that often, as the hysteria surrounding it just is not worth it. This article was just yet another beat up.

Thanks Dan,for confirming that all that was just bull.. what a relief! I'm glad that its untrue, as i'm looking forward to this storyline unfold.

Thank god. Usually, with things like this I start of furious and then gradually accept and on some level understand it, but with this I was getting more and more angry by the minute, to the point where I believed their was an air of absolute evil about it all. I was just about to vent for a second time with suggestions of emptying a manure truck onto their nazi headquarters, but now........relief. You saved me from embarrasment, as I was actually writing an e-mail to Seven with the same tone I'd have if they'd commited murder, hehe, I was THAT angry and disgusted.

However...I got the impression from the article that they would still show a kiss, does that mean they show the first little kiss but not the passionate one after, or is it still both? I'm confused because of the way that stupid article has been written.

Thanks for confirming that Dan :) Thats great news. I just can't believe how much attention this storyline has gotten. Every other programme does it and theres not fuss about it.

Did they cut a kiss in todays episode though cause it looked that way when they were on the boat and then Joey said that was great when Charlie walked off?

Angela Conway of Pro Family Perspectives accused the show of developing "quite sexualised plot lines". Seven drama chief John Holmes declined to comment.

I love the way no one comments on the "quite sexualised plot lines" when it is a heterosexual couple.

To be honest, I don't think that the storyline with Charlie and Joey has been sexualised at all thus far. I think that it's more been focusing on Charlie's struggle with the idea that she might have feelings for another girl, which she has never experienced before. The issue is being tackled very well by the show in my opinion and being a heterosexual female who has never come across any homosexual people, really opened up my eyes to homosexuality.

Media commentator David Knox from the TV Tonight website said yesterday the PG classification allowed for adult themes with limitations and did not discriminate between gay and straight content.

"It's sad that in 2009 a kiss is considered more threatening to advertisers and family values than stalkers, serial killers and kidnappers, all of which sustain Summer Bay story-lines on a regular basis," Knox said.

I thought as much. Just because a show is PG doesn't mean it can't show a lesbian storyline. Like most other people have been saying and like the guy quoted in the article says, we have seen much worse on the show, in my opinion.

And what's all this about H&A being a kids show? I don't think it's a kids show. If I had children (and I don't so I may not be the best person to comment on this) under about 11 or 12 then I wouldn't be letting them watch it, not because of lesbian story lines, but rather because of some of the other story lines such as Belle's bashing, car accident and drug abuse, Geoff and Nicole's run-in with a knife-wielding stranger on the island, and also the Elliot stuff from last year, which I personally think are less suitable for kids because they might not understand them and or be frightened by them.

Thanks for the confirmation that the articles are just beat up's Dan. :)

Archived