Home & Away kiss cut

Guest Traceve

I cant see why smeone would go though the trouble of writing or calling channel 7 to complain I really do.

The people who complain clearly dont have anything btter to do with their lives or just thick mothers sitting at home "worried" about the "dirty" things their children will be exposed :angry:

People seriously need to just grow up and get wth the times . If people want to be back in the 19th century be my guest go and live in a desert on your own if you dont like what the world is like today. Im sorry if anybody takes offence but its jus the way it is to be honest.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arrgh, I'm sick to death of all this kids show garbage. In what possible way is it targetted at kids? They're called flaming teenagers. Those pathetic parents are making out as if their precious little six year old princesses are going to see it (which isn't wrong anyway), I'm pretty sure anyone under ten does not watch it willingly.....

It's just as annoying that they've given in as if the parents have a point!!! That 100,000 viewer difference happens weekly....one week the ratings are 1.2, the next they are 1.1, blaming it on a lesbian storyline that hasn't even aired yet is just silly.

Seven clearly aren't familiar with the concept that no publicity is bad publicity. I bet for every viewer they lose, the publicity surrounding the kiss will ensure two more switch on to it.

And it also baffles me as to why on earth this is happening in 2009 - Australia used to be so forward thinking on this matters, they showed their first lesbian kiss on "The Box" back in the 1960's. It was probably a slightly later timeslot, but given the way that views toward sexuality had change, so too should censorship required of each timeslot. It angers me that Channel 7 have allowed themselves to be bullied in such a way.

I don't think it's fair to say 'Australia's behind the times'. Neighbours has had two lesbian kisses and there wasn't this uproar. Or maybe there was, I might need correcting on this.

I think they're right when they say that if there hadn't been the Gay Kiss on TV headlines everywhere they would have been able to get it under the radar.

I am literally baffled, I just do not understand. These people must just be the biggest hypocrites in the world, the most glaring example being, where was the fuss over Angelo and Charlie rolling around in bed? That was one of the most sexual scenes I've seen in Home and Away and no one batted an eyelid. Why? Because it was two people of opposite sexes, it was 'allowed', it was 'normal'. Honestly, I just don't understand where people have been living for the past 50 years. Under a stone?

Seven clearly aren't familiar with the concept that no publicity is bad publicity. I bet for every viewer they lose, the publicity surrounding the kiss will ensure two more switch on to it.
I think I've mentioned this before but I know of so many people who started watching because of this storyline, some of which have never watched the show before in their lives, and were so put off by the awfulness of the other storylines that they've tuned out again and are following the Charlie/Joey storyline on YouTube rather than torturing themselves by watching the full show.

Co-incidently, I'm not going to name names because I don't want the person getting in trouble, the user who is putting the edited together clips of Joey/Charlie is listed as the 11th most viewed in Australia and are getting comments from viewers in France, Germany and the US (to name a few) thanking them for exposing them to a show that they'd never heard of before. This is probably the first time that H&A has ever gotten positive international attention for one of it's plotlines and I'm sure that the fine people at AfterEllen will have something to say about the censorship.

I don't think it's fair to say 'Australia's behind the times'.

Sorry, I didn't mean to give the impression that this was what I was saying, and my previous post was a bit of a sweeping generalisation on that topic - I think it's just a shame they're getting complaints over something that people in this country would no longer bat an eyelid over.

That wasn't directed at you specifically, lots of people have said the same thing and I do understand where you're coming from with that, it seems that way but, certainly by going on the representation on this forum, the aussie's are just as keen for a gay storyline as us brits! I just worry when people make generalisations that someone will get offended. :)

Im a 33 year old parent to my 10 year old son and I would have no problems with him watching a scene which involves a gay kiss wether it be between 2 men or women I want my son to see there is nothing wrong with same sex relationships because I dont want to raise a homophobic child, life is not one dimensional or black an white and I want my son to experience the variety of life I dont want something as important at this subject hidden from him and since he was very young I have been very open about all kinds of relationships that happen in the world and now he is 10 years old he isnt phased by homosexuality or thinks its wrong to be gay.

Its an excellent idea to have a storyline that doesnt feature your regular hetrosexual relationship and very clever to have Charlie who is an amazingly beautiful woman become a gay character as in most instances lesbian couples are so often stereotyped as butch.

Besides its not as if Home & Away would portray a lesbian kiss as sordid so Im rather baffled why Channel 7 rolled over so quick to fan the flames of the Mary Whitehouse brigade.

Archived