Home & Away kiss cut

Guest Traceve

That is the biggest load of crap ever. I mean REALLY. The show has dealt with abortion, adultry, a doctor dating her teenage patient, murder, blackmail, sexual abuse, rape, Assualt, stalkers, lunatics, HIV, teenage pregnancy ect ect ect. And people STILL have a problem with one girl kissing another? Its a complete and utter disgrace, I have never heard something as ridiculous IN MY LIFE. Its stuff like this which wants me to stop watching the show, but I wont, obviously. But seriously something has to be done.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am absolutely fuming over this. The ratings are down because H&A is crap at the moment, they have been down all season. I am actually quite offended that they have cut this, I will be voicing my opinions to Seven and then turning off H&A for good. This is discrimination against gay people and it is allowing bigots to rule Australian media. Home and Away is not on in the morning time, it is on in an evening timeslot and is rated PG. What about all the rape and abortion stories? The pole dancing? The LESBIAN ice addict who shot someone? Did any on those cause offense? And what about the gay kiss we had on H&A a few weeks ago? Nobody batted an eyelid then.

I don't get this!

Have the "parents" that are complaining not heard of recording progs, or watching it on the net, when their children are in bed if they don't want them seeing it? And I bet these same parents will have things like murder mystery programmes on when their children are about or things like the Jeremy Kyle show with real life people who are anything but decent on & think nothing of it! In fact there is far worse things than a same sex kiss on the news every day!

This is just daft! And by the way I am a Mum of a 3 year old & 5 year old.

This is really a strange decision by Seven.

I suspect that their issues are because they have portrayed the whole relationship so well. As I recall the Neighbours kiss between Bridget Neval and Stephanie McIntosh had a very low key lead up and was over and dealt with very quickly. The relationship was never really explored with anything like the same insight as the Charlie/Joey one.

So I'm not allowed to laugh at CED's joke (perhaps unintentional)?

It was intentional. :wink:

John003au: I found Neighbours' handling of the issue to be exceptional personally. Low key, natural and the Lana character was well written. Since Sky wasn't a lesbian, they never explored the trials and tribulations of a lesbian relationship but the hardships Lana faced at school and the playground homophobia was very realistic. My only criticism was that they didn't keep her around as a regular.

At least they aired the kiss. I'm shocked that Seven gave in like this. Not altogether surprising because the network never seemed overly keen on having a gay relationship portrayed on the show and with such a ridiculous overreaction by sectors of the public its not hard to see why.

Archived