Home & Away kiss cut

Guest Traceve

I don't understand why people have such a problem with a gay relationship? If they don't want to watch, I suggest they simply close their eyes in those scenes.

Like Barbara said, Less openminded people can keep fussing about it. They need a life :P

Go channel 7!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right everyone, I have 100% confirmation, from an inside source, that these articles are complete and utter bulls**t.

Joey and Charlie DO kiss in Tuesday's episode. It has NOT been cut.

It can now be understood exactly why Seven do not attempt these type of stories that often, as the hysteria surrounding it just is not worth it. This article was just yet another beat up.

Dan - I didn't see the Australian transmission but can I confirm Five showed it intact this evening?

Another article, but it doesn't really warrant a new thread...

Home & Away producer defends plot

'Home and Away' series producer Cameron Welsh has spoken out in defence of the soap's current lesbian plot.

The romance between Charlie Buckton (Esther Anderson) and Joey Collins (Kate Bell) has sparked furious debate in Australia with conservative and family groups clashing with gay rights activists.

Speaking to TV Soap magazine, 'Home and Away's Welsh said: "The idea of this show has always been that we hold a mirror to society - and when society changes, we change with it.

"What's ahead in Home and Away is right not only for the series, but also for the times we are living in."

Actress Anderson also defended the controversial plot, saying: "I feel it's time for us to be telling this story. It's really important for us to reflect society, and this storyline is what is going on for many people in real life.

"I didn't think it would be so shocking, but I'm glad we are now exploring what a gay relationship is. I look forward to the time when they (Charlie and Joey) become just another couple in the town's population."

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0422/homeandaway.html

Archived