Home & Away kiss cut

Guest Traceve

Yeah, thanks for the article :)

It's great that seven are not backing away from this and the ratings are not suffering as a result. << (Take note family groups - your prejudice is unfounded!)

This is a WIN for Channel 7.

Have these so called family groups ever thought that people might actually LIKE and SUPPORT the introduction of a gay character on Home and Away?

You only need to look around the internet to gauge the level of support for this storyline.

By majority from what I have seen, the positive support far outweighs the negative amongst fans.

Fans make this show what it is, not family groups.

I for one think the introduction of Charlie/Joey has great potential for a long term relationship.

There is nothing to fear about two girls falling in love.

Good on Channel 7 for sticking to their guns with this!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home and Away is set to air a second lesbian kiss, showing the soapie has no intention of bowing to the pressure of outraged family groups.

The kiss will feature as part of the ongoing romance between police woman Charlie Buckton, played by Esther Anderson, and deckhand Joey Collins, played by Katie Bell, the gay website SameSame reports.

"There'll be another one in a few episodes' time," the website quoted Bevan Lee, Channel Seven's head of creative drama, as saying.

"I think that clearly shows Channel Seven is not backing away from these kinds of stories."

Last Tuesday's controversial kiss episode angered parents and conservative groups but managed to boost Home and Away's audience to 1.194 million viewers, an increase of 58,000 viewers.

This is very similar to an article posted by drama_girl, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

I can't believe Tuesday's episode got an additional 58,000 viewers! Hoorah for Charlie/Joey :D

Original article: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/7...n-plot/?rss=yes

Archived