Getting too scared to post a topic around here

Guest iggy

I don't think BTTB is over moderated at all. I've been on certain well known boards where the posters were constantly being banned and not being told why. There was really no reason for this as 99% of us were law abiding and certainly never posted anything obscene or inflammatory etc. I enjoy visiting BTTB because it seems friendly and relaxed, you should just enjoy it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could it be be true? Are people scared of posting now? I check in and out on the site all day and sometimes in the past couple of weeks 2 hours could pass and nobody has posted anything new. Some of those who do still post very regularly tend to post a lot of borderline spam which looks like they just want to increase their post count :rolleyes: Where are all the intelligent and literate people gone who used to be all over the board?

Could it be be true? Are people scared of posting now? I check in and out on the site all day and sometimes in the past couple of weeks 2 hours could pass and nobody has posted anything new. Some of those who do still post very regularly tend to post a lot of borderline spam which looks like they just want to increase their post count :rolleyes: Where are all the intelligent and literate people gone who used to be all over the board?

Well im alittle bit scared to post topics because i dont want anyone pissed at me and i dont know where to put em

Nobody will get mad at you for posting in the wrong place, unless you post like 15 topics on virtually the same topic, all in the wrong section after you've been told they're not supposed to go there. Moving a topic is pretty easy, it's when people keep posting new threads for topics there's obviously already one of it gets annoying. :)

Some of those who do still post very regularly tend to post a lot of borderline spam which looks like they just want to increase their post count :rolleyes: Where are all the intelligent and literate people gone who used to be all over the board?

I kind of agree with this. At times with a small minority of people it seems as though they are posting simply for the sake of posting as you say possibly to boost their post count rather than engaging in an actual discussion. I’m not so bothered by the literacy thing because nobody’s perfect any you can’t expect every person to spell every word correctly. And even some people that don’t have perfect grammar can still engage in decent discussions. It’s more the pointless posts where the frustration comes from. And I guess I’m one of those people that’s actually for over moderation. It forces people to think very carefully before posting.

I'm reluctant to post in this sort of thread at the moment. I'm about 5 episodes behind with my show watching due to work. However my plan when I get some time is to work very hard in the discussion threads to provide plenty of discussion starting ( hopefully ) posts to try to encourage people.

I think its a bit silly to say you are afraid to post a topic incase you post it in the wrong place.

This is why moderators are here like. If somebody posts a new topic in the wrong section then the moderators will quite happily move it or if its not of any relevance just close the topic. This is moderators jobs. They move topics which need to be moved and close the ones that need to be closed.

Nar, I think its because J and M are n more so there are no huge threads about them (for or against :P ) Adelle are a bit boring couple wise at the moment, although Jess T is awesome, so there is nothing there for fans to post a millions posts on. Nothing majorly contentious is happening and everyone seems to be pretty chiiled about the story lines. I will be surprised if the Joey rape story does not trigger some longer threads though. It goes in phases in my experience.

All this fear mongering is annoying and is just some people stirring the pot IMO, there is nothing to be afraid of. If you post in the wrong place, so what? The worst that will happen is the mods will do their job and post a nice friendly post telling you they moved it to where it should be. Of course if you take no notice and post 976 post in the wrong place after lots of friendly post and reminders then I would not be surprised if you got a less freindly one saying "OI please stop it or else!" And all this free speech stuff, jeez hasn't any one realized yet that free speech carries a degree of responsiility with it? It does not mean you can do what the hell you like.

This board is one of the freindliest and easiest I have ever come across. The mods are not rude, they dont treat you like ****, they are friendly and approachable. And if you are scared of posting in case smeone moves your post or your thread on this forum then god help you if you go on any others as they will eat you alive.

I think members are over the spamming issue now and things are getting back to normal.

Don't be silly guys, just post! It's not like you are going to get banned if you make a mistake. Things happen.

I agree with Corey but saying this is the friendliest forum on the internet. Everyone makes you welcome, you make friends with people who like the same show as you and best of all you get to discuss Home and Away with other fans around the world! The mods are alright too. :D:P:wink:

I completely agree with whoeever said that they suspect some posters out there are just posting to bring up their post count, and get more 'boxes' beneath their names - as well as a higher 'rank' of course! But, I'm also aware that the staff are aware of this, so it's not an issue :P

On the outskirts, BBTB is indeed a very friendly & open forum - but, just like any other, it has its cliques, its group of sincerely welcoming, its group of gossipers, etc etc. No one place is truly always nice to be, unfortunately, not saying that the Admin haven't done a great job -if they hadn't I wouldn't still be here :P [hugs]

So yeah, on that point, I will say that I do think the staff & admin here are some of the most unbiased, and helpful that I've come across on a forum in a long time - which is extremely refreshing!!

Bravo.

Archived