Getting too scared to post a topic around here

Guest iggy

^Please tell me where are the proper threads for those threads that were closed cos as far as I could see I couldn't see anything about Irene's dark side or Joey being gay in the spoiler section, well nothing that directly says it was confirmed and those were spoilers so. ??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Please tell me where are the proper threads for those threads that were closed cos as far as I could see I couldn't see anything about Irene's dark side or Joey being gay in the spoiler section, well nothing that directly says it was confirmed and those were spoilers so. ??

I may be wrong but I think that they were all from TV Week so they were grouped together in the Discussion of TV Week ( might have the title wording wrong) thread to make them easier to find.

It's about keeping things clean and tidy. Who wants to see a messy forum?

There's no such thing as over-moderating.

There is when a child 99% of the time only comes on this site to paste the rules and messages people with demands.

ok, but where is the discussion of tv week thread? is that the magazine scan thread? i get that you want to make the board clean but i still think that since they are actually spoilers; even though they were in tv week, they can still be in the spoiler section in their own threads cos they are a spoiler. if that made any sense.

ok, but where is the discussion of tv week thread? is that the magazine scan thread? i get that you want to make the board clean but i still think that since they are actually spoilers; even though they were in tv week, they can still be in the spoiler section in their own threads cos they are a spoiler. if that made any sense.

Yes it is the Magazine Scan thread. I guess it has just become a convention to keep all those type of discussions together. I'm still learning the conventions as well. They can be tricky.

Regarding the "What happened to freedom of speech": People that abused that right to abuse others and spam so much others who actually had something to say didn't feel welcome happened.

Trust me, I wish we could just post away and never close anything as well, but we tried, and it didn't work. But as long as you stay within the rules there's no need to be afraid of posting, it's fairly simple really. Don't post unless you have something that contributes to discussion, and don't go down the road of personal attacks, and we should be fine :wink:

I have been here for two and a half years and I find the level of moderation no different now to when I joined. I can honestly see where Kat is coming from when she says that it seems the mods/admins can do nothing right anymore, it seems that quite a few members spend more time complaining about the staff than they do thanking the staff for all the work they put into the site and for giving you guys a place to talk about Home and Away. Sorry if that sounded harsh... :unsure:

And I hope it doesn't come across as me attacking anyone specifically, I am just talking in general.

It's about keeping things clean and tidy. Who wants to see a messy forum?

There's no such thing as over-moderating.

There is when a child 99% of the time only comes on this site to paste the rules and messages people with demands.

Can I just say something? Over statements like that is part of what makes our job so much harder. Like Sky said, it seems like all some people do is complain about the staff here; trust me, most of us have been called a lot of things. And now we're in this damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If we moderate things, we are over moderating. If we don't stop the spamming and member abuse, we'll lose a lot of long term members, and we'd probably see some of the staff walk as well. If people seriously think 99% of the posts they've seen from a staff member is reminders of rules, then I'm tempted to say that says more about that members posts and their failing to follow rules, than it says about the staff (BTW, Mishyy, that's not aimed specifically at you, I was just using that as an example, I don't know you and I don't think I've ever dealt with you, so this was in no way meant as an attack aimed at you :) )

The thing is that we need to put the line somewhere, because if not, sooner or later it will get out of hand. We've seen it happen several times before. But again, when we moderate it's because people break the rules. Don't break the rules = Don't get pulled up by a moderator. And if you feel like a moderator is treating you so extremely unfairly, then report it, and all the moderators will receive a notice and look into it. Trust me, if it was up to me we wouldn't have to deal with anyone at all. I don't think anyone thinks its fun to have to warn someone. But because of what we've seen happen and the number of complains we've had, members telling us they no longer feel welcome in certain threads, and staff and other members actually telling us they need to take some time off because they just feel like it's too much, we have had to do something. BttB is as far as I know a forum with almost 15 000 members (correct me if I'm wrong here). Many of these members are active, and I think it's safe to say we have hundreds of people passing through the forum on a daily basis. We're doing our best to juggle everything and make everyone happy, but that doesn't seem to be possible. In fact, sometimes it feels like nobody's happy no matter what we do, and that's why it's always so nice to read posts where people actually express appreciation for the fact that at least we're trying.

Archived