Getting too scared to post a topic around here

Guest iggy

I honestly think the mods are doing a really great job and in the end, a solution will never please everybody, I think that the notion of not having freedom of speech is not at all accurate. If for example, I posted a thread about Archie, yes it would get closed but I would be directly to another thread that already exists, I don't think I have ever seen a thread being closed that hasn't already existed or had malicious content eg. bullying or spambots. In other words, I have never seen a thread closed that hasn't needed to be.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't meant to be a sleight on the current board, merely an example of how everyone's "ideal" BTTB would all be different. I don't believe I am stuck in an old days, neither have all the changes been bad. Certainly waiting a day for another post to be made could occasionally be a lonely experience.

I've been on here almost 2 years and its no different since then i think, nothings really changed, it is more about keeping the forum tidy when there are already topics on that certain discussion,

when your talking about joey being gay that could of just gone in the same-sex kiss thread,

it doesn't specifically say its about a certain character its more about speculation.

Brenton's upset that he can't post his TV WEEK spoilers on Sunday before everyone else gets it on the Monday lol

Why does he even bother anyway? Only Dan F's spoilers are posted as new threads anyway. :lol::rolleyes:

Except of course he can post them if he puts them in a Magazine Discussion thread.

In the past few months I've noticed a lot of new members are posting regularly and some of them are brekaing the rules, simply I presume because a) They haven't familiarised themselves with the rules, or b) Haven't as much experience on online forums. We were all the same when we were new to all this, but it is still quite tedious for us all to read the aimless ramblings of a few, and people who seem to just post anything in all topics presumably to increase their post count or something. I wouldn't fancy trying to reign people in so I really admire the mods for their work.

At the end of the day, I read most things, post where I have something to say, and don't think about the place when I'm not online.

I've been on here almost 2 years and its no different since then i think, nothings really changed, it is more about keeping the forum tidy when there are already topics on that certain discussion,

when your talking about joey being gay that could of just gone in the same-sex kiss thread,

it doesn't specifically say its about a certain character its more about speculation.

The same-sex kiss thread was about Charlie first off because of the cryptic clue,

then came the Freya & Nicole kiss since we've already seen it

and people were debating whether that was all that was going to happen or was Charlie still going to have a gay storyline.

Joey being gay was an actual confirmed spoiler after all this happened.

I thought that Brenton was right in putting it in a separate spot so that we don't have to sift through the dozens or however many pages there are in the same-sex kiss thread.

Adding to the fact that the title is a same-sex kiss nothing to do with a person being completely gay.

But anyways thats just my opinion.

I can't remember how long I've been posting on this board but however long it is there have always been members who stretch the boundaries and break the rules. Because some people believe that it is almost their duty to break the rules ( nobody is going to tell me what to do!! ) societies have "police forces" who act on behalf of the community majority to enforce the rules. On this board they are called "moderators" and wear "green hats". If we want them to disappear all we have to do is stop breaking the rules. You don't get a speeding ticket if you don't speed.

Some board members need also to remember that if your opinion is strong and well presented it doesn't need strong or bad language to give it extra weight. A weak arguement is still a weak argument when strong language is added. Besides all societies have rules against abuse and offensive language.

I honestly feel this thread needs to be closed and I'm not usually a fan of that. We have all had a chance to have our say, it appears that nobody is being convinced by what others are saying. All we are doing is multiplying the hurt!!

I feel like I've missed something here because I fail too see where the "changes" and "over-moderating" is happening. I remember a time when a member started a topic that became a discussion and then another member started a topic discussing the same thing and would be pounced on by other members crying "This is already being discussed elsewhere" with members some of the time asking mods to merge or delete the topics anyway. Now the staff are actually taking action and still managed to get abuse for it. Talk about "Damned if you do, damned if you don't!"

I very raraely venture into the spoiler section which is where I get the impression most of the moderating takes place (to be expected, I would imagine), so that's probably why I'm missing something, but I don't see what harm it's doing to keep all discussions in one thread per topic. The mods/admins don't interfere for the sake of it, they do so to keep the forum running smoothly.

Ryan made a good point of everyone's "Ideal BTTB" being different and with over 13,000 or whatever members to oversee, it's no wonder not everyone is always happy with the way the forum is run, but the staff do the best they can and I have a huge amount of respect for them, especially given that they come under fire from members at times. I get the impression a few members forget the staff here are just as human as they are and just because they're part of the staff doesn't meant they're 100% on top of everything all the time. They all have lives away from the forum too, so I imagine coming on here to deal with the topics people complain isn't high on their list of fun activities either.

I also seem to miss what all the fuss is about - I never see anything out of the normal, maybe its because I rarely go to the Spoilers or character appreciation, scans...etc sections too - if that is where it all takes place.

I haven't once been contacted by a mod and I've been here for 3 years this year and post semi-regularly! I agree with what John said, there is freedom of speech, its how you go about it.

Archived