Charlie/Angelo

Mistified

john-of course everyone wants certain things from their favourite stories/pairs-everyone wishes they went a certain way,that they wrote this,didnt forget about that etc,like to think about what must have happened off screen etc etc but the reality is we can only go on and take as fact what they have shown in the episodes themselves. Many people read too much of what they want to in what they have seen and like to fill in the gaps to suit their own agenda. From what we have seen onscreen of the charlie/angelo relationship it is very hard to make a case for them being this perfect couple meant to be etc etc. Is that our fault as viewers who wish to go on what we have seen and dont wish to fill in the gaps ourselves of what they are thinking or doing offscreen or the shows fault for poor writing/poor continuity. I think it may have been you or someone else on here who made a very good point that they went from angelo not trusting charlie,stalking her etc and charlie not wanting to commit to him,to charlie suddenly kissing him and them immediately getting back together. We saw no thought process,none of the counselling sessions- fans of angelo are happy to fill in the gaps of what they think has happened to lead to this,some of us refuse to go along with what we dont see on screen. The writers are to blame for this being such a bad pairing.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carywary-you are not cameronwelsh in disguise are you? if you are not you must be watching a different show to some of us-i dont get how anyone can reach the conclusions you are getting- you are mixing up your own wishes for how you want them to be with what we are actually seeing onscreen. they were so happy together last time you say? rolls around in much laughter! yeah so happy they split yet again and angelo has so little respect and trust for charlie he tried to befriend her counsellor and ended up stalking her! you are right -meant for each other lol!

What a horrible, condescending post. Having a different of opinion does not give anyone the right to belittle somebody elses.

Carwary, you are fully entitled to see the characters how YOU see them, and BTW I agree 100% with your viewpoint.

I think I've probably said this before but...I don't think Charlie and Angelo are perfect for each other but I think, in the nicest possible way, they're the best each other is likely to get.They're going to stuff things up, they're going to disagree about things, they're going to argue and fall out. Most couples do that and manage quite well.On the flipside, I think there is a degree of affection and loyalty there and they could make each other happy but it's something they need to work at instead of it all just slotting into place as soon as they get together.Whether that means they're the right person for each other at the moment and they'll eventually go their separate ways or whether they could actually make a long-term relationship out of it, I'm not sure.I think the "failure" of the relationship for some people is mainly down to the writing and perhaps slightly down to the acting, I think Luke and Esther are perhaps not experienced enough to be able to rise above the material and make a poor script or storyline work like other performers might.I don't really agree with the whole "bits missing" argument though.Sure, Charlie might have said she wanted nothing to do with Angelo after she caught him spying on her but she didn't say it in a particularly serious manner and they were back on speaking terms by the end of the episode.It felt more like something you'd say in the heat of the moment because you're embarrassed or frustrated or annoyed rather than something you'd say because you're scared of someone and going to take out a restraining order against them.

actually i was not trying to suggest my view was superior-merely to say that if you are going to come out with statements like careywary did then surely if you wish them to be taken seriously they ought to be backed up and substantiated properly. This is a debating forum isnt it -not an 'isnt angelo wonderful thread'?You yourself mistified said in a different thread the only reason you liked them was because they 'looked good' so your attack on me is unsurprising. I did not personally attack the poster merely their views which i do find laughable given what we have seen on the show-if some posters wish to live in their own fantasy world that is up to them but you cant expect other posters not to find their views absurd.I go on what happens in the show . Yes it is their right to say what they like but it is my right to attack it too otherwise boards like these are pointless. What careywary said was total nonsense in my view and i stick by that. If careywary has issues then she should respond in kind and substantiate/argue her case. If something i said offended her in anyway she should contact me and i will apologise/take up the issue with her. I will certainly not listen to you mistfied over what i can and cant say when it has nothing to do with you unless somehow you think your views are superior or was it just because i was denigrating your 'beloved pairing'.

Yes it is their right to say what they like but it is my right to attack it too

No, it is not your right to attack - you are more than welcome to disagree, and pick holes in somebody's opinion, but we will not tolerate attacking opinions on this board. Attacking an opinion is pretty much the same as attacking the person given it, because the fact it's an opinion inextricably links it with the person giving it. Unfortunatly, a lot of members seems to think that using an aggressive tone can be concealed behind the "but it's a discussion board!" excuse, but that isn't the case. We've noticed an increasing amount of aggression in your posts, which is something we do not tolerate on these boards. We have placed other members on moderator preview for similar behaviour, so you may like to view this as something as an unofficial warning. And, because I can second guess exactly what your response will be - that isn't a means of us censoring your opinion, it's a way of ensuring that your tone stays at a level which maintains the inclusive and civil atmosphere we like to cultivate on this board.

increasing amount of agression-total nonsense-i have noticed some of the mods seem to want to over control things lately on many threads stepping in whenever they feel -mostly when there isnt even a problem of any kind just like here. what is the difference between attacking someones views and 'picking holes in hit' -perhaps you would clarify?. attacking an opinion is no way the same as attacking a person particlarly wehn that perosn is unable to substantiate that opinion with fact.Unofficial warning-slightly over the top dont you think? If mistified hadnt made a point of attacking my 'opinions' and you hadnt come on threatening me there would have been no issue at all,the past comments would have just passed by- typical of the mods as i say-trying to create trouble when there is none present-instead you seem intent on riling a member-congratulations

For the record, we've been monitering you for a while now. An unofficial warning isn't over the top, infact it's quite "under-the-top" - we had considered putting you straight on moderator preview. We don't step into these situations for the fun of it, we only do it if it's absolutely necesary.

If a definition is needed:

Picking a hole in someone's opinion means pointing out where you see a flaw, and substantiating what you're saying with fact.

Attacking is this -

typical of the mods as i say-trying to create trouble when there is none present-instead you seem intent on riling a member
- I'm sure this comment from you wasn't intended to rile anybody was it? :wink:

Any further correspondance you wish you have, please do so via PM, as this thread is for discussion of Charlie and Angelo.

^ Phew! Thanks Foxy. This thread was being dragged down. I won't comment on the half truths in the above poster's comments about me, as I would much rather move on now, and get back on topic.

I didn't see yesterday with the "underwear" scene aftermath, but I did see the sneakpeak, and I got from it that Angelo is very much keen to tread carefully with Charlie now. He doesn't want things to go too fast for her as he doesn't want to lose her again. That to me shows that he has learned a little about Charlie and is using what he has learned for the benefit of the relationship. I think that's nice and mature, and it all helps to build a better foundation for them.

^ Phew! Thanks Foxy. This thread was being dragged down. I won't comment on the half truths in the above poster's comments about me, as I would much rather move on now, and get back on topic.

I didn't see yesterday with the "underwear" scene aftermath, but I did see the sneakpeak, and I got from it that Angelo is very much keen to tread carefully with Charlie now. He doesn't want things to go too fast for her as he doesn't want to lose her again. That to me shows that he has learned a little about Charlie and is using what he has learned for the benefit of the relationship. I think that's nice and mature, and it all helps to build a better foundation for them.

Being a big fan of this couple/relationship I think its great that they are doing the proper dating thing now as its something we've not really seen them do before as the previous 2 times they got together the first one was more out of drunken lust & didn't last long for other well known reasons and then the second time was out of a combination of jealousy/cheating & so you've never really seen them do/go on dates with each other etc...so its nice to see them going about how a relationship should be & its been refreshing to see some humour as a result of it as well.

Also with the upcoming spoiler that I have posted regarding Changelo -

Angelo needs Charlie's help to save his career "Angelo faces disciplinary action after the recent debacle with Hugo - Angelo's career is on the line & Charlie has to pick up the pieces " - Angelo's world will fall apart - can Charlie help put-it back together

it would be nice to see Charlie do something for Angelo in the way that Angelo helped/supported her etc..last year when the Rape/Grant/Murder storyline was happening