Charlie/Angelo

Mistified

I'm thinking the way Charlie is treating Angelo she's mothering him too much and with the whole naked arrest thing it was humiliating but didn't bother him so much because i think Angelo generally needs someone smothering him so much, he's like a kid half of the time and that in the form of a cop (ex)

on the other Charlie already has a kid, if she had taken her responsibilities maybe it wouldn't be too late for Ruby, maybe they could do a recast on that too :unsure:

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the spur of the moment, I decided tonight to watch some 2008 episodes and I must admit I was surprised at how young Charlie and Angelo looked back then. Granted this was only three years ago but does anyone else think that production has tried to age these characters up by changing their hairstyles and other features? Angelo used to have a somewhat floppy haircut which has now been traded in for a buzzcut. Charlie on the other hand used to have reddish-brown hair which now has been swapped for very dark brown hair. I don't know if it's because they tried to age Charlie up a bit but it just struck me as to how youthful these two characters looked only three short years ago compared to how they look today.

Yes I've always thought they look way young in those episodes. But I guess the two actors have just changed a lot since then. I like them better now as they looked way to immature before.

I think after Roman duped Charlie she began to change and after Angelo shot Jack/ returned he was looking older (not in abad way)

• 5 weeks later...

You know I was thinking about Changelo's current situation yesterday - coz that's what I do when I don't have any answers :angry: and this thought occured to me:

When Angelo told Charlie about what happened with Shandi she was really mad at him and he was really ashamed and upset yet Charlie didn't dump Angelo. No instead they talked about it and sorted everthing out and even moved in together.

Now why can't a couple as strong and everything like that continue to talk through their problems and sort their issues out together?

Instead we know that they suffered through a prolonged period of fighting and then by the end they were hardly talking to each other and now they're reacting towards each other in the negative ways that are atm. :(

What was sooooo much worse this time around than the way Charlie was feeling when Angiepantsâ„¢ first told her about Shandi? I mean she wasn't willing to listen to him apologise etc. at all was she but then she talked to Leah about it and gradually came round to the point of view that they could work things out. Just like when Angelo was not getting that Charlie was supporting him during the whole Indi business and when Charlie was supporting Angelo through the issue of the opening date for Angelo's and the fact that he might miss it. That's their thing - when one of them is having issues they talk about it and support each other and figure it out together and move on. I mean why couldn't Charlie and Angelo just keep being honest with each other and keep talking to each other and their friends and figure out their problems this time around the same as always? That's what I just don't get. :(

I'm still not clear on why these two have broken up. Its obvious that Charlie is still sore about whatever happened

the episode where Angelo brings the rest of Charlie's things to the station and when Charlie want's to be friends. Angelo can't get away from Charlie any quicker!

:( I've loved these two together, and thought that once they had moved in, that was it. A couple can't go through what these two went through just to throw all that away. Charlie going through therapy for her commitment phobia didn't need to happen! But she did this because she wanted to be with Angelo and work passed her past. Angelo waited and never pushed her -well, after finding out that it was therapy she was going to and not a new boyfriend-.

If these tow aren't going to get back together, then maybe have them be friends without the tension. No more on off on off on off. either off :( or on:wub:

Edited by callyha

Charlie can't be that sore about it. In Friday's episode where Leah said she wants to find someone she can settle down and spend the rest of her life with, Charlie replied with "I can't say I know that feeling very well".

I get the feeling that maybe Angelo's insecurities about Charlie's commit issues may have played a part in the break up. Maybe he could see a clear pictue of the future he wanted, the whole marriage, kids etc, and Charlie just couldn't see things past getting used to living with someone. Maybe he couldn't deal with not knowing whether or not any of those things where on the cards for him if he stayed with Charlie.

Let's face it neither of them are getting any younger and Angelo probably wants to settle down. However Charlie, already having a daughter and not feeling the need to rush into anything is probably, it's probably causing friction. It's very hard to be in a relationship when two people are in two very different places in their lives.

This is just a theory but maybe this is what caused the breakup

If these tow aren't going to get back together, then maybe have them be friends without the tension.
Um hmm! Without the tension - very important!

No more on off on off on off. either off :( or on :wub:
You said it amigo! I really really hope it's on though! :wub:

I've loved these two together, and thought that once they had moved in, that was it.
Ditto! Yeah I thought they were sorted!! :wub: Like I said I was secretly looking forward to their Wedding and thinking how it might be & how Angie might propose etc.

A couple can't go through what these two went through just to throw all that away. Charlie going through therapy for her commitment phobia didn't need to happen! But she did this because she wanted to be with Angelo
Yeah totally! I think TPTB have sadly forgotten about this. And all the stuff with Jack and Hugo and how moving in together was such a big deal for them. Yeah I think all the writers have forgotten about those things.

It's gonna work out next time people! Don't give up hope! It just has to! I mean it's not at the forefront of my mind or anything coz these 2 are still dealing with the issues so their not gonna be reunited for the final time for quite a while yet but the hope's still there. :wink:

Charlie can't be that sore about it. In Friday's episode where Leah said she wants to find someone she can settle down and spend the rest of her life with, Charlie replied with "I can't say I know that feeling very well".
I think that just means that maybe Charlie never got to that point yet. I know she was happy with Angiepantsâ„¢ and she loved him and everything but I think she was just content to live with him for the moment. She never got to thinking about Marriage or anything. That's my theory. I haven't seen this yet but that's my take on it.

I get the feeling that maybe Angelo's insecurities about Charlie's commit issues may have played a part in the break up.
No I don't think that's right because when Ruby was talking to him he shook his head when Ruby mentioned Charlie's commitment issues.

I don't think your theory's correct but I have a new one!

I hope you've all noticed the change I've made to my sig.

Well we just had that ep. in the UK yesterday when Angelo took Charlie her stuff and Charlie went out to see B and April. Anyhoo I was able to watch it without being so angry and gagging for answers etc. i.e. I was able to watch the scene with Bianca and Charlie objectively and so I heard properly what Charlie said to Bianca (see sig). It was all Ruby's fault you guys. That ties in with why Charlie wouldn't let Angelo tell Ruby initially and why he didn't elaborate when Ruby went to see him at Angelo's. I don't know all the details yet but I think Ruby was stressing Changelo out too much and Angelo couldn't work out the role he was supposed to play in Ruby's life and Charlie couldn't either. It was maybe like Charlie chose loyalty to Ruby instead of trying to work things out with Angelo.

But if it was Ruby issues it's still not really great. I mean it's not issues between Charlie and Angelo per se so that's good but as if I needed another reason to hate Ruby. Seriously that girl needs to get some professional help. She's all over the place. She has very few morals, very few, she thinks she can just use everybody to get her own way and she's still guilt tripping her Mum at every opportunity (except for when Charlie used Angelo after the wake - that was legit.). Charlie needs to get her daughter to a psychiatrist A.S.A.P. seriously. Maybe Charlie and Ruby can even do some therapy together to help their Mother/daughter relationship. It would also benefit everyone for when Charlie and Angelo decide to move back in with each other again. Although I'd prefer for Ruby to just move to Irene's instead - punishment. She can still hang out etc. with Mum and "Dad" but just not living with them. Maybe she could have sleepovers and Charlie would still have a fairly substantial parental role but if Ruby can't be trusted to not get in between Changelo again then she shouldn't live with them.

Edited by Changelo shipper <3

How exactly is Ruby to blame for Charlie and Angelo breaking up? I mean sure she acted out a lot by the end of the season but we saw Ruby come round in the end.

The only reason Charlie and Angelo would have broken up is because of their own issues!!!!! Ruby loved the idea of being a family so much, I highly doubt she would do anything to cause them to break up and ruin that.

And Angelo said so himself they didn't tell her because they wanted to protected her. And he never made any hint that the reason they broke up was Ruby so I think pushing the blame onto her is a little much. Sure she's no angel, but she's also not that devious as to ruin her own mothers happiness.

I agree with lollypop, I don't think Ruby's to blame, certainly not deliberately, she's always liked Angelo and been enthusiastic about the relationship(well, except for one episode in 2009).Maybe her behaviour contributed but only because it forced them to look about the way they were handling her as a couple, as we saw at the end of last year.

Watching at UK pace and...it's curious.I looked in Charlie's thread and found everyone choosing sides so I expected the year to open with them being portrayed as a couple who'd been through a bad break-up, with a lot of sniping and resentment.And...that's not what I'm seeing.What I'm seeing is a couple who obviously still care about each other but who have decided, for whatever reason, that they don't work together and are having difficulty working out where they stand with each other now.I don't actually see either of them being unfair or unreasonable and, certainly on the surface and probably underneath, they're actually being pretty pleasant to each other, so much so that I actually forget at times that they're supposed to have broken up.

Which doesn't say a lot for their prospects of getting back together, since if it was ever going to work out it would probably have worked then.I think there is a slim chance but it'll be months rather than weeks.In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't bother going on a date or sleeping together or kissing but instead Angelo just proposes because he's realised how much he misses her and Charlie accepts for the same reason.Which might still not guarantee a happy ending but still.Otherwise...as far as I can see, they're already friends.Very awkward friends who aren't entirely comfortable around each other but friends nonetheless.

Arghh why does this always happen to me. I don't even know what I did but I obviously don't have the long post I was working on to post now do I. :angry:

I'm just gonna say for now that I never said Ruby did it deliberately. She is a lot of things but she's not that screwed up and she's not that selfish. I never said it was deliberate did I. The quote in my sig, I'll put it here for you: Charlie to Bianca (about April living with Bianca and Liam): I tried living with my boyfriend and a teenager... It's not an easy balancing act. - I believe says a lot. We know that Ruby was casuing problems before the finale don't we. I believe the key is in the fact that Charlie and Angelo never go to finish their conversation about dealing with Ruby etc. before guess who it was interrupted them? That's right Ruby. Because before Ruby so rudely interrupted, yeah, yeah whatever - the effect was that she interrupted and Charlie went to talk to her daughter instead of finishing her very important conversation with Angelo. I think that if Changelo'd been able to finish their "working it out like always" conversation then and there that they'd still be together now. I think the fact that they didn't finish it was the starter for everything including the point they're at now.

I'll try to come back and finish this post later but I think that's the most important thing for now.