Charlie/Angelo

Mistified

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course they're going to get back together, whether we like it or not. It doesn't matter how much people hate them together (TV Week recently asked whether they were better together or apart, replies came back 8 for together, 23 for apart. I'd say that's a pretty good representation of public opinion.) CW and co. seem determined to continue shoving C/A down our throats :rolleyes:

Of course they're going to get back together, whether we like it or not. It doesn't matter how much people hate them together (TV Week recently asked whether they were better together or apart, replies came back 8 for together, 23 for apart. I'd say that's a pretty good representation of public opinion.) CW and co. seem determined to continue shoving C/A down our throats :rolleyes:

I'm already looking forwards to some extra self-satisfied smirking from Angelo, when it happens (mind you, he seems to always smirk - that or just pull deadpan faces). Maybe Charlie might even produce a smile for a second, then go straight back to her usual rabbit in the headlights face?! The show is actually quite good, now, as long as these two aren't in an episode.

They seem to be quite popular on this forum but I think this forum is quite inaccurate of public opinion. Anyone I know personally that watches the show doesn't like them together at all. I think they are like one of those artificial trees you get at Christmas - Looks nice but there isn't anything else pleasing about it. Strange likeness I know but I think it makes sense. They are both 2 very good looking people, but I fail to see anything else, the worst part is they are being built up to be the next big thing - which their not might I add. I don't see how they could ever compare to any of the great couples in the history of the show. I just hope one of them quits as soon as possible (preferrably Esther) because they p*ss me off.

I can safely say I would be more than glad to see the back of gutless cop killer and umm his (what would you call her?)in fact the only thing Charlie is destined to be now is "Angelo's girlfriend/wife" and nothing more.

i do agree kevin-i dont think fan forums are ever particularly representative-this board in particular seems to have a lot of girls who love the angelo/romeo/aden type characters- i.e the good looking hunks with good looking girls type storylines. these characters/stories obviously appeal to some but not others.The show desperately needs a bit better mixture of characters so that they can appeal to more people/sectors of society-maybe the ratings would actually improve if they did so. Personally i find the whole stereotypical blond guy with his six pack in love story with good looking girl has been done so many times on the show im just bored with this type of pairing-charlie/angelo fits this exactly-no real chemistry or interesting story behind them-just 2 good looking people thrown together to become one of the shows 'hot couples'. They have totally ruined charlie-going from being a strong independent woman to angelos housewife, ruled by angelo at work ,and if angelo gets his way ruled by him at home too. As for angelo, i see beyond his looks,and just see a selfish arrogant smug man (who laughably is still a cop ) not the cute romantic guy that some inexpicably seem to see him as on here. I still hold out a tiny bit of hope that they will take a different direction with charlie and have her in a proper long term gay relationship-that really would be something original and refreshing for the show -unfortunately i doubt they will have the courage to do so- this show seems to be years behind many soaps from around the world-apparently gay people are still too controversial for aussie audiences-therefore we will continue to be stuck with just the hot guy/hotgirl pairings we get now.

Angelo has no demensions as a character. The show has focused so much on his redemption that thye have made him into this sappy so called 'perfect' guy who Charlie should be falling head over heels for. His promotion (laughable) and they way he is treated by people in the Bay is a joke! The show have started to puch him into inteactions with other characters is such a wooden way and always revolves around Charlie. Redemption is fine and well but is should have been slow burning and not such a sudden U-turn as we've seen this year. It's like all the residents of the Bay had their brains re-programmed when the clock struck midnight on 31st December. He's just such a dull character.

Fingers crossed for a more independant Charlie after she's visited the counsellor (although I don't hold much hope). She'd be better off with Liam and thats saying something. Although none of his criminal offenses were to do with murder so perhaps he's a little too straight laced for Chucks?

Haha! Just reading all the replies now, since my post on 12 March, and I am sorry I said anything :lol:

I love them together PRECISELY because they are pretty and lovable, and I couldn't give a toss how few dimensions Angelo might have to his character! It's the same reason I adored Jack and Martha.

I rely on Eastenders for my "soap character development" fix. H&A serves other purposes for me:

1) It's always sunny (which when you live in Ireland, seeing sunshine, albeit on TV is a huge factor in the enjoyment of the day);

2) it has such an idealistic view on love, life and redemption and;

3) It is total and utter escapism for 22 minutes a day!

Bliss!

I hate them as a couple. They can do a whole lot more with the Charlie character if they put more effort into writing good storylines for her rather than giving her the cliche romance of two cops who fall in love...even though in my opinion it's more superficial on Charlie's part.

I also don't like how the Angelo character has takin a complete U-Turn in the eyes of the Summer Bay residents. Fair enough they had to make him liked in order for him to stay on the show...but like one of the above members said...it should have been a slow burner. It kind of makes a point that if you kill a man...son't worry too much about it cause you'll get a big promotion (which was laughable) and forgiveness within a year.

If these two are going to be a couple fine. I just hope if the Charlie character does end up married...it's to somebody completely different...actually as long as it's not Angelo I'm good.

Charlie and Angelo are a couple that I'm kind of just on the "for" side of.I don't sit there watching their scenes going "Oh, they're so cute" but I want them to stay together.I don't think they're perfect for each other, it's more a case of thinking they're the best the other one can hope for.I have to say though that I am getting a bit tired of all the arguing and breaking up:It seems that these days the top couple(Jack and Martha, Aden and Belle)are the ones who fall out all the time.Maybe I remember wrong but I swear it wasn't always like this.(I can only remember Shane and Angel having one proper break-up and two major fall-outs in three years...)It's got to the stage where they're in danger of making those of us who are on the fence or near to it dislike them and I'm left thinking either keep them together or split them up for good.Preferably the former but the latter would be better than this.

I have to disagree strongly with the claims that Angelo's redemption has been an overnight U-turn.It's been 10 months since he's been back and it's been a gradual process.They've seen him going above and beyond to get Irene out of jail, taking Tony's revenge attack on the chin when he had every right to press charges, going to bat for Xavier when he didn't turn up for court even though he'd been harrassing him, supporting Charlie through everything with Grant, stopping the people smuggling and saving Martha's life(twice if you count the formal disaster).I acknowledge that this year has seen the last of the resentment towards him vanish but if you look at the last episodes of last year, there wasn't a lot of it left, only the people who were the closest to Jack still had a problem with him.Even if it was a complete U-turn, at least it was an understandable one since he did take a bullet for Martha.There's been far more ridiculous U-turns.Look at Aden:He takes two people hostage and tries to kill a man and suddenly he's everyone's best friend.Or look at Ric:As soon as they find out he's Alf's grandson, everyone decides he must be all right and forgets about what he's done.