Roman/Martha

Jody

Copied this from the Australian Discussion place, as I think I went off track and more into a Roman/Martha comment :] So this isn't directed to anyone in this thread [re comments re Roman] it's from the other one, but reposting it here, to further develope discssion :)

I don't know why people are thinking that Roman is behaving inappropriately?

He's in love with Martha, and no doubt can't help those feelings, but it's not as though he has acted on any of them, rather the is just there, supporting her, and spending time with her - and while it might be slightly selfish because he's in love with her, he's also keeping her mind off the fact that Jack is gone.

Hugo = a busybody, sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. Where does he get off telling martha that Roman is in love with her? Doesn't she have enough on her plate without having to panic about that - and, it'll no doubt result in her losing her temper AND a friend that she can sorely afford to lose. Who does that leave her with now, if she blows up at Roman, and Jack's dead, and Tony's unsociable...

Bah at Hugo. I was loving the close friendship developing between Martha and Roman.

wholly agree that the way he treated Charlie was awful - as she said herself, she cna't do anything right around him BUT I think that the way he treated her made him human;

For much of the time, we've been seeing a nicey nice Roman who pleases everyone and what not, it's great to see him finally becoming a realistic person!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martha does not need Roman hanging around like a sick dog. Roman needs to give Martha some space.

Yeah thats it .

Any old fool could se he wants her bad. Sh needs some space and her friendS and family. Roman doesnt need to hang round her all day everyday

Martha does not need Roman hanging around like a sick dog. Roman needs to give Martha some space.

:( didn't look to me like he was being a sick dog - looked to me like he was being a friend

like, who did she turn to about the baby issue? and who did she turn to when she came out of hospital and felt she couldn't talk to jack?

so it's natural that after jack's death, she would then turn to Roman, and he, in turn, would do everything in his power to keep her happy / occupied / not just silently grieving over Jack... like a good friend... or so i think anyway :)

Edited by Symphony

:( didn't look to me like he was being a sick dog - looked to me like he was being a friend

like, who did she turn to about the baby issue? and who did she turn to when she came out of hospital and felt she couldn't talk to jack?

so it's natural that after jack's death, she would then turn to Roman, and he, in turn, would do everything in his power to keep her happy / occupied / not just silently grieving over Jack... like a good friend... no?

Yeah I know youre right but I think the only thing is we know he has feelings and are subconciously seeing whatever he does as making moves on her.

^ sorry, i edited my post, 'cause it made it look like i was shoving my opinion down people's throats when i read back on it, and like i was saying they were wrong - which isn't what i meant at all, sorry if it came across that way. :)

yeah, i can see where you guys are coming from, ahha, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one xD

Copied this from the Australian Discussion place, as I think I went off track and more into a Roman/Martha comment :] So this isn't directed to anyone in this thread [re comments re Roman] it's from the other one, but reposting it here, to further develope discssion :)

I don't know why people are thinking that Roman is behaving inappropriately?

He's in love with Martha, and no doubt can't help those feelings, but it's not as though he has acted on any of them, rather the is just there, supporting her, and spending time with her - and while it might be slightly selfish because he's in love with her, he's also keeping her mind off the fact that Jack is gone.

Hugo = a busybody, sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. Where does he get off telling martha that Roman is in love with her? Doesn't she have enough on her plate without having to panic about that - and, it'll no doubt result in her losing her temper AND a friend that she can sorely afford to lose. Who does that leave her with now, if she blows up at Roman, and Jack's dead, and Tony's unsociable...

Bah at Hugo. I was loving the close friendship developing between Martha and Roman.

wholly agree that the way he treated Charlie was awful - as she said herself, she cna't do anything right around him BUT I think that the way he treated her made him human;

For much of the time, we've been seeing a nicey nice Roman who pleases everyone and what not, it's great to see him finally becoming a realistic person!

I agree with everything you wrote Symphony. Roman has been nothing but a friend to Martha. We know he's still got feelings but he has made absolutely no move - nobody can choose whom they fall in love with so what is he supposed to do? Stay away and take away a chance Martha has of having a friend around (and she does need one at a time like this).

Hugo had no right telling Martha. What exactly has he achieved?

The only thing Roman has done wrong in this situation is to give Hugo some attitude and be annoyed at him for now living with Martha - Hugo has got as much right as Roman to be there for her.

To conclude, I like both Roman and Hugo but the way they acted around each other was very childish and has now resulted in Martha having yet another loss (the one of a good and at a time like this much needed friend) to deal with. It's nowhere near as tragic as losing Jack obviously but it's still a loss.

I'm kind of in two minds about the whole thing.There's nothing wrong with Roman being a friend to Martha and supporting her whilst being aware of feelings but not acting on them, in fact it's rather noble.But I don't want him to be spending all his time with her as though he's her boyfriend in all but name.

I don't get why people are shocked that she reacted the way she did. The idea of someone else feeling something for her would probably be confronting the notion of moving on which at the moment probably disgusts her. (Which is why she went back to the wedding photo...) I don't think he "lied" to her but he was the one friend she really had left. Bridget lied about having cancer and then used her and her grandfather and then Angelo was there until she found out he shot her husband- is it really so shocking to think that her finding out her last friend could be looking at her like that (which I know he wasn't) and 'hiding' it from her made her react against it? On top of everything else everyone seems to expect she's going to be totally rational about it. :rolleyes:

And I totally feel for Roman, I felt like he was getting a bit too close at one stage but he really was just trying to help. I think the distance thing is a good idea at this stage, maybe later on down the track they can be friends again, because they had a nice friendship.

Edited by Jamey-Maria