Roman/Martha

Jody

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Martha's supposed to pine over Jack for the rest of her life if the rumours are true then?Surely any fan will want her to be happy regardless of who it's with.

Exactly. She would have to move on at some point.

Martha may love Jack now but there is no reason to say she wouldn't, in the fututre, be able to move on and love Roman just as much.

Edited by Jody

Martha loves Jack way too much for them to work.

So Martha's supposed to pine over Jack for the rest of her life if the rumours are true then?Surely any fan will want her to be happy regardless of who it's with.

I'm all for Marman...eventually :wub: .

Slight exaggeration when I say " a million years" but maybe a year or 2 down the line but I just know that the writers are going to have Marman in the near future :angry:

I would like a storyline like the Sally and Brad one where Sally never really moved on from Flynn and I think it is nice for that kind of thing to happen because it is what happens in real life and its not very realistic for someone to lose the love of their life and just be in love with someone else months later.I would like a new love interest for Martha actually because I dont like her and Roman together.That is after a substantially long period of time.

Maybe 2009 could be Martha singular but she did say that 2008 would be the year of Martha singular and look how that turned out :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Agree with a lot of what's being said here.I did like Martha and Roman together and thought they had a good chemistry, even though I thought putting them together when it was obvious her and Jack were going to reunite was a fairly dumb idea.(And having the whole paternity saga and then just having her lose the baby anyway was pretty pointless as well.)

If

Jack's dead

, then I think Roman and Martha could get together and it could work but I'd want them to wait at least several months, preferably a year, before it happens.They should probably be friends for that time but not in a spending-every-minute-together/never-have-scenes-with-anyone-else/relationship-in-all-but-name kind of way.Which would, I suppose, leave them both in limbo and perhaps not make for particularly good television but there needs to be a decent level of respect for what Jack and Martha had.We've seen them working well as friends since they split up and I think they should carry on like that for a while whilst maintaining links with other characters.

It couldn't last, Roman would be in the same position Brad was with Sally. They were nice together (even if I was in the height of my "I Hate Martha" phase back when they were together), but I think a reunion would be a mistake.

Can't believe I'm replying to my own post, but anyway, it's been a month and I've had time to think, and I reckon Martha and Roman will definitely happen. The writers seem content to leave characters like Leah, Irene, Colleen and Alf with little or nothing to do, but newer characters like Roman or Martha never go very long without drama, so if Jack really is dead, I think it will only be a matter of time before 'Marman' becomes a reality once again. Look at Sally for example - Flynn died in early 2006, and by late 2006 she and Brad were firmly established as a couple. Hayley and Scott also took less than a year to get together after Noah's death. HOWEVER - both relationships were examples of extremely poor writing, and were rejected by fans of the show. If the writers had even an ounce of sense they wouldn't let Roman and Martha happen, but I think it's inevitable that they will happen no matter what. What a sad conclusion.

I liked Roman/Martha but it was obvious from the get-go it was just another plot device to heighten the JnM drama, however now that Jacky could be out of the picture I'd be happy for them to go back to Marman (Hopefully there is a grieving period longer then a day this time :rolleyes: )

I think Marta belongs with Jack, it's just like that! :)

Yeah exactly , someone who agrees with me.

Jack & Martha were made for each other and I will be so angry if Roman gets Martha :angry: he just needs to keep his grubby hands to himself.

I will save the rest for the Roman discussion thread :P