Roman/Martha

Jody

cant agree more Symphony

with his feelings - ignoring her compleatly would of been easy and painless for him but no he put them aside to help martha when she needs it the most and this is how she and hugo treats him :angry:

Hugo/Martha both deserve each other as far as im concerned!

I don't think Martha really did anything very wrong here. It's not like it's wrong of Roman to have feelings for Martha, he can't really control that, but I think people are forgetting where this reation probably came from in Martha. A rational reaction to Roman's confession in her situation would be to tell him that unfortunately she is not ready to move on from Jack yet. But guess what, after a loss that big, it's not like it's easy to be rational. Getting angry and making Roman the bad guy would be a lot easier for her than dealing with the fact that now that Jack's dead, she will sooner or later have to move on. I don't think Roman did anything wrong, but I certainly don't think Martha did either.

I think I can see why Hugo thought Martha should know the truth as well (in case Roman was actually using Martha's situation to get closer to her) but it just turned out for the worse, and I don't think he could have seen that coming, so I don't really think he did such a bad thing either.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for both in this situation, but it may be better for Roman to be separated from Martha. I hope that maybe his character will go back to how it was. I think it is important that he spends more time at home with Aden and Nicole. I am not sure that Hugo knew what to do. In that situation I have no idea what the right thing to do. Both sides have repercussions.

I hope though that Roman wakes up and sees that he is better off with someone else. His mopey stage has been frustrating to watch. Even though I understand where hes coming from, I just don't enjoy watching him like this.

With Martha I am not sure if she reacted the best but I can see why she lashed out. She must have felt his support was an excuse to 'get into her pants' as it was elegantly put.

The problem is that Martha doesn't have enough friends; Rachel and Tony are too busy looking after each other, and everyone else in the bay in wrapped up in their own problems, and so Roman is the obvious choice for Martha to turn to. Now she finds out he's got feelings for her it may seem like he's been lying to her, and so one of her few friends who she could turn to is gone. Roman is doing himself no favours by hanging round with Martha all the time, although he doesn't really have a choice; he couldn't exactly turn her away at a time like this! Hugo shouldn't have told Martha, as it's only going to do more harm than good, but at least it's out in the open now, and Martha can begin to deal with the fact that she'll have to move on from Jack at some point. Upside is, Roman does genuinly care for her, so at least we know that if she does get together with him, even as a temporary fling while still dealing with her grief, we know that he'll respect Jack and won't hurt her :)

Is he trying to replace Jack though? We didn't see him making any romantic overtures -

I'm sure that many of us here can think of people that we, at one stage or another of life, had feelings for, but the feelings were unrequited. Yet, I'm sure too that many of us then, as a second alternative, became friends with the person instead - the next best thing. Obviously I'm not talking about having a crush on a H&A actor; but actual people that we know. It's sort of human nature; after all, if you have feelings for them, you obviously like the person that they are, and would therefore enjoy being friends with them, even if it's not quite what you wanted originally.

I agree with Eli, I don't think that Martha did anything wrong either; she probably feels betrayed, and disgusted by Roman, it's just such a pity that it all happened like that; I still don't think he was using her situation to get closer to her either, after all, they were becoming very close too after the whole baby incident, etc :) Jack dying just provided more time for them together - but it's not as though Roman orchestrated Jack's death :P

I [really] hope they become friends once again, I so enjoyed their on screen time together, that the 'fight' between them was heartbreaking!

As for friends for Martha; I think she & Leah could have made friends, after all there's only like an 8 year gap between them?

although with Leah kissing Roman at her 30th, I'm not sure would that affect things; will Martha view Roman even worse in that light now

:o

That episode made me :D I wasn't expecting this to be resolved so quickly but it was and it was really nice. (Go Charlie! :P) The discussion in this thread is so nice to read aswell as not many people seem to be jumping to blame on or the other or both. It was a complex situation and it was hard on both of them (and Charlie and Hugo) and they acted understandably in their circumstances albiet not making perfect choices. That's my take anyway. Now hopefully the feelings will just go away and violia. Ending to crap storyline. :D