Rachel Armstrong - Amy Mathews

Foxy

Rachel is allowed to touch her bump every now and again

Every now and then? Dude, her hands on her stomach constantly as in all the time. Although there was one scene yesterday where she only touched it a few times. It's just something that grates on some peoples nerves. No one said Rachel isn't allowed to touch it, it's jut annoying when in every scene she is. I can't wait till the damn thing is born so she can take her hands off her stomach. I get that some pregnant women do that, it's just irritating!

I'm just glad Rachel seems to be back at work again, i always love her hospital scenes. It was great seeing her in scrubs again, it's been a while! Although i do wonder if they're ever going to address the issue of her pregnancy affecting her work? Becasue surely it's not a job you can do the more advanced your pregnancy gets.

And i would like a mention of her mother at some point too. That would be nice...It seems when people die they're forgotten so quickly. And as i've said her father too, i think they could really do something with that.

Rachel is allowed to touch her bump every now and again

Every now and then? Dude, her hands on her stomach constantly as in all the time. Although there was one scene yesterday where she only touched it a few times. It's just something that grates on some peoples nerves. No one said Rachel isn't allowed to touch it, it's jut annoying when in every scene she is. I can't wait till the damn thing is born so she can take her hands off her stomach. I get that some pregnant women do that, it's just irritating!

When women leave there hands on there stomach, it is a reassurance thing that there baby is okay. I know a lot of women that do that. They also rub there stomach so they will feel there baby kick. If you have ever lost a baby, then you will under stand about the reassurance thing.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooo funny, I agree with you one hundred percent!!!!!! I understand that she's overprotective and has lost a baby before, but come on she's a doctor she knows there is nothing wrong with the baby. Yes there is nothing wrong with touching it, every now and then. Not in every single scene. Its a natural instinct to touch your belly when your pregnant and thats fine, I just am sick of seeing her constantly touching her stomach.

Pregnancy makes some women very protective, and the constant touching/rubbing is a form of bonding and reassurance. It is also nice to feel your baby – I talked to mine and even played music – they respond with little movements and kicks! You also need to have a daily kick-count which is very important to all pregnant women.

I agree that as she has lost a baby in the past she will be ever conscious of the movement and to feel her baby move/kick is reassuring to her. What’s wrong with that.

Incidentally, pregnancy is different for all women – some manage to work right up until the birth (as in some native countries) and if her work-load is not too physically demanding, there is nothing to stop her from working until she feels the need to stop. (or is advised my her doctor – yes, even doctors need to see an obstetrician too!) Haha!

Several of my riding companions have even ridden their horses (gently) up until the last month…or when they are too uncomfortable to sit in the saddle! :blink:

Pregnancy isn’t an illness it is a condition which can be different every time!

I am loving Rachel’s character, because it seemed for ages she was almost waiting on the sidelines….. :rolleyes:

Just because she's a doctor doesn't mean she's psychic and automatically knows that everything's fine with her baby. I personally don't see the harm in it, there is an actual living, moving baby inside her stomach, I'd be touching it to. It's probably constantly moving about and kicking her, touching the bump is the mother's way of communicating with the baby and showing her love for it. Plus rubbing the bump probably calms the baby down. It's very in character for her to do it and I don't see the harm. Anyway it's fine if people are annoyed by it, they're entitled to but let's move on.

Kirsty I would love her Mum to be mentioned during this pregnancy, she must need some advice from someone whose been through it before. Maybe later on in the pregnancy she'll be mentioned?