Rachel Armstrong - Amy Mathews

Foxy

^Yeah she seems alot more quieter since Jacks death. She seems so lost, being pregnant doesn't help either.

I really want someone to just give her a hug, I mean Jack was her friend too, obviously this is affecting her much more than she's letting on. After Tony and Martha, Rachel was porbably the next person closest to Jack in the bay.

Amy has been amazing during the past week with this 'cheating' storyline. She has so much expression in her eyes. You could feel her pain the couple of times Tony rejected her when she tried to comfort him. And again when she ran off crying after getting off the phone with Belinda.

I loved how she tried not to show her excitment of the baby kicking in front of Tony - then when he asked to feel her face totally lit up and she was beaming.

I think we've finally seen a vunrable side to Rachel recently. She was terrified of losing Tony and she really showed that. Although obviously for Tony this situation is tragic, it's nice the writers showed what it's like for people in Rachel's position. Being pregnant usually changes people and it's nice we've seen little changes in Rachel regarding this.

I think Amy is doing a great job playing Rachel pregnant. I love her stroking her bump all the time - it's lovely :D

When I first heard about this 'cheating' storyline I was adamant that I was going to hate it and that I was going to be really annoyed with Rachel for accusing Tony of cheating when his son has just died. However the way the writers chose to portray the storyline was so well done, it honestly did look like he was cheating and I just ended up feeling incredibly sorry for Rachel as well as for Tony. I loved that the writers didn't have a one sided take on the situation and actually managed to evoke sympathy for both of the characters and that there was no right or wrong person, it was just a really sad unfortunate situation. However despite thinking that Rachel had every right to confront Tony over where he's been sneaking out to and who Belinda was, I still felt so embarassed for her when she realised that he'd been fixing up the boat to honour Jack's memory.

Rachel admitting to Martha that if the only way for Tony to get through the grief of losing Jack was to have an affair then she would support him showed not only vunerability which we haven't seen from Rachel in a really long time, but also amazing strength. To be willing to forgive and allow your fiancee to sleep with another woman so that he can get through the pain of losing his son shows how much she really does love him and is concerned for him. When she first thought Tony was cheating on her so managed to stay composed and I think that all built up and reached a head when she found out he'd been out all night and still wasn't home to open the gym in the morning, hence her emotional attack on Belinda. It was after that though that she just crumbled and it all became too much for her which is when she ran into the bedroom crying. Then she was back to being strong again. I think she is afraid for people to see her vunerable because usually she's such a strong person and someone that other people rely on, not the other way round, so it was good that we got to see this other side of her, which reflected how she used to be when she first came to Summer Bay.

I've also loved the friendship between Martha and Rachel lately. The way in which Martha made Tony realise what his lying and secrets were doing to Rachel was really poignant seeing as she's the wife of the son he's just lost. I'm sure she felt quite angry that Tony was pushing Rachel away after she'd just lost her husband. And it was lovely to see Rachel involving Martha with the baby, that Martha got to feel one of the baby's first kicks and she was also the one she showed the clothes to. They've hinted towards a friendship a fair bit throughout the last year or so but lately they've become really close and it's nice, Martha needs some friends and they're practically family now.

I agree with you Kirsty that Amy's doing a really good job of playing a pregnant Rachel! It must be quite difficult to know how to be if you've never actually been pregnant but the little bump strokes are just adorable and I loved how happy and amazed she was when the baby kicked - it's something she thought she'd never get to experience and I remember a couple of years ago when she was telling Leah how she'd never get to feel a life grow inside of her and she really wanted to experience that. It's sad that she has had to sort of experience it on her own whilst Tony's grieving and judge whether she should/shouldn't tell Tony when things happen with the baby for fear of reminding him of the pain of losing his son but seeing how excited he was when he felt the baby kick was lovely :wub:

Edited by charmed60

I think the majority of people know my thoughts on Mondays episode as it was a little Tachel crazy.Rachel trying to seduce him clearly worked as they did end up sleeping together but the ' maybe take a bath relax a little bit' was a little too much information but cute :wub: Also the we haven't "really" made love since they have been pregnant i nearly died when Rachel said that it was so out of character but i have to say that was my favourite episode by far and also cute with Tony's little smile at them 'snuggling on the couch' with a dvd :wub: which was the first time Tony's smiled for ages apart from the baby kicking :P which ill come to later.

Tuesdays episode was lovely with the scene at the boat which was my favourite Tachel hug by far , the way she just fits in under his chin is :wub: because shes lost the higheels and swapped them with flipflops and when they were on the boat you could see how much they love and mean to each other by the way they smile at each other!

Back to the baby kicking was so sweet!! Tony was happy for the first time in ages he felt his child kick for the first time which was special to him and to Rachel who was over the moon about him actually wanting to touch it , then i think he thought about Jack and thats why he backed off but now i think Tony is going to start letting Rachel in and start opening up to her like he did on the boat but as Summerbaylocal pointed out i don\'t think Tachel's hug should have been in the background and Martha sitting at the boat the main focus because it was Tony who's storyline was about his grief and he was in the background at the boat.

Overall i loved how much Tachelness we got this week it was jam packed with Tachel scenes and about time aswell.

With the proposal/wedding coming up Tony must leave his grieving behind and realise Rachel and the baby are important too and he doesn't want to loose them aswell

:wub:! 115 roses but it only takes one ... roll on the Tachel proposal.

I know my post is based around Tachel but i see them as one.

Edited by CHARL3N3x