Rachel/Tony

Cal

I would like to see how Tony will cope with Jack's death. Tony and Jack are closer then father and son. They are like best mates. Hopefully Rachel will be able to help Tony and Martha through this tough time. The baby want replace Jack but it might help ease some of the pain.

I reckon Tony will struggle a greta deal and I think he will distance himself from rachel a small bit for a short while but then I think he should be fine.People in h&A usually tend to move on from deaths quite quickly :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, that sounds like such a Tachel thing to do! Which ep is this? I have yet to fill in the questionnaire but will do it when im in complete Tachel mode!

It's ep 4599! It does look like they're trying to get it off of each other haha but like I said I reckon it's more of an improvised than scripted thing, Tony's laughing :lol:

Luc ^^ I think you're right. I reckon he'll have a big breakdown and completely distance himself from Rachel but a couple of weeks later be fun, good old soapland! I'd like to see him grieving for a bit longer to be honest, it would make for some really emotional scenes.

Kirsty - I'm really really annoyed that scene was cut. I think it's quite an important one to the storyline, it explains why Rachel is all of a sudden ok around Aden and actually supporting him, we'd actually get to see a reaction from Tony apart from "Aden Jefferies hey" I'm sure there were some other scenes they could have cut or at least shortened to make space for it. I reckon the affectionate little touches are improvised, it's more natural to play it like that than have every move scripted I think. It's cute :wub: I like when he plays with her hair and kisses her hand, so gentlemanly :wub:

I think Tony will probably have a bit of a breakdown but i really don't think he'll push Rachel away too much. She's the person closest to him so it's natural he'll turn to her first for support. Perhaps at first he'll just want to be alone, but he'll realise soon enough he needs her more than anything.

Like i've said, with everything that's happening and with what we know is going to happen, it doesn't make sense they'd have a Tachel relationship drama story as well.

Perhaps he just doesn't want to worry/stress her which is why he maybe tries to cope with it on his own. But i'm sure she'll get through to him. I hope we get scenes of them comforting each other. I'm sure they'll (Amy and Jon) do a great, realistic job of dealing with it.

And the salt thing. :lol: It's the little things they do that make it real. I love how you (Charlene and Laura) notice stuff like that. Anymore you want to share? :)

Hmm i have noticed loads of things :D but i guess ive filled you in on them all haha well at least the msn chat has payed off , you have now learned things you missed before Kirsty from me and Laura

Hope all you Tachel fans and everyone who reads this have a great christmas and new year :) roll on 2009 may it be filled with loadsss of Tachelness

Edited by CHARL3N3x

I'm a bit late to the party but now Christmas is over I can think straight! :P

Favourite Tachel scene(s) - involving a regular cast members: This is a tough one. I like any Tachel scenes with Jack and Martha but I can't think of many with all four of them together. There have been good Jack/Tony, Jack/Rachel and Martha/Rachel scenes but not all together. I think what other people have mentioned, the scene with Leah, Collen and Jack when they congratulated them about Peanut, was a good one. I also liked the one in the diner with Colleen when they were being '16 again'!

Favourite Tachel scene(s) - involving a guest cast members: Basically any scene involving Jazz was excellent. You could feel the tension in the air... Jazz was always subtly trying to get to Rachel, Rachel was trying not to appear jealous and Tony was trying to keep them both happy while always making sure Rachel and Jazz knew where his loyalties were. I remember 2 scenes where Tony made an effort to give Rachel a peck on the cheek to kind of 'prove' it was her who he was with. I remember one scene when he called her 'beautiful' when she arrived but he looked so uncomfortable as he had just offered Jazz Lucas's old room and was obviously nervous about telling Rachel.

Most memorable Tachel quote: There have been so many good quotes... some funny.... "I'm still hot aren't I?" / "However, I may need a cold shower" "Well thank you" "You're very very welcome!" :D / "This one ages nicely.... so you don't mind a mature drop then?" / "I sheared that sheep myself!".... And some cute and romantic "I love you more and more everyday to be honest" "I feel the same way" / "You are going to make a beautiful mother" / "We are going to be parents... we are" / "It made me realise that what we're doing, taking things slowly one step at a time... it's way more sexy... because it's way more special" / "I...I really miss you" "I miss you too" (despite Tony 'cheating' on Rachel it was nice that she admitted that she missed him too)

Favourite setting that Tachel have featured in: It's kinda nice how they have homely normal scenes, in the garden, in the bedroom :P (OK it was probably a one off and will never be seen again), on the sofa, in the kitchen cooking a roast, etc. But my favourite has got to be the restaurant in the city as it was very different from going to the diner on a first date. It was slightly awkward as he was so nervous and she was unsure about everything but it didn't help that they couldn't drink as they both had to drive home that night. Then Tony went and put his foot in it by offering to get a room! :D But the thing I liked is that you could see that Rachel was beginning to fall for him towards the end of the date, particularly when he kissed her on the cheek and helped her with her jacket/shawl thing.

It would also have been nice to have seen Tachel actually get to go to school reunion together but I guess the whole Jazz storyline wouldn't have worked if that had happened!

As for my least favourite - the gym!... Please no more gym scenes next year! And Please do not put the Tachel house set into long term storage again!

Favourite Tachel storyline: They haven't actually had a big ongoing storyline of their own as it has all been about the development of their relationship. So because of that it would have to be their struggle to have a baby, even though there could have been improvements to that storyline.

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding Tachel? First of all I have no issue with anything we have seen as the writing of Tachel this year has been fantastic and realistic. My main problem is what we haven't seen but I am not going to go on about it too much as I have been banging on about it for months. Basically they have just had a lot of 'bitty' storylines with no a lot to link them together. For example, the vasectomy thing came out of left field as it had never been mentioned before, then towards to end of the year we find out that Tony is not coping with the pressure of trying for a baby but we have seen very little of the troubles that he was referring to. I know we can't see everything they do but a bit more would be nice. I think it has all been said about the writing following the Olympic Cliffhanger but the fact that what their characters would really do was manipulated for the sake of the cliffhanger and Summer Bay Online farce really bugged me. And don't get me started on the 'missing' scenes!

But all in all I don't want to be too negative as I am so very grateful to the writers for putting Tony and Rachel together, something I talked about in the middle of last year but something I never thought would actually happen.

How would you redecorate the Tachel household? My improvements would have nothing to do with Beth as I think that gradually they have been taking away some of the Beth related stuff, such as the Mum Rocks picture. So the first thing I would do is demolish the fake big brick contraption in the middle of the house as I hate it and it looks really dated! Then I would buy them a new sofa.... It's too small and a sofa is not a sofa unless you can lie down on it and not hit the end! A corner sofa unit would be nice. Apart from that I don't mind the rest. The fake brick thing is my main issue.

Any further comments? Erm....

I liked that the whole age issue was not made a big deal of. Despite them both having reservations in the beginning, it was mentioned in a humerous way then that was it.

I loved the scene in the diner when Tony apologised for shutting Rachel out because of the anniversary of Beth's death. He explained the whole Mattie thing so well and Rachel totall understood and appreciated him opening up to her... then he looked into her eyes and asked her if she wanted to set a date for the wedding. They both looked so happy....

HomeAndAwayS21E072Xvidavi_001021560.jpg

On that note..... I'll be back if I think of anymore comments but I think I've bored you all enough for now :P

Karen - your comment about the sofa being too small is exactly what I was going to mention - I just wasn't sure whether people would think I was being too picky :lol: I'm glad you said it, it is TINY!

I like what you said about the writers to - they've done a brilliant job with Tachel this year and the only real problem is what we haven't seen rather than what we have seen, which is probably more of an editing issue. I think throughout the year there's been proof of scenes being filmed which never actually made it to the screens, let's hope for a bit of a change in that respect for 2009!

And finally the bit about their homely scenes - I think that's what makes Tachel so endearing, they're a lot more normal than most of the other couples and deal with a lot of real issues. I'd like to see them deal with these real issues in the comfort and privacy of their own home though rather than ALWAYS being at Tony's work, which is either always conveniently empty when they discuss their private lives or full of customers and they still sort out their issues :lol: The gym is a boring set now. More home/garden scenes please!

I hope when home and away returns that we get more of the affection shown in the couple of weeks before home and away finished , Rachel was so happy and i think people actually started to like her again.I liked the scenes where her and Tony became closer when they found out about the baby, although pretty much all the affection came from Rachel with the wanting him to hold her hand , putting her arms around him in the gym and also when she was telling him she was pregnant she moved closer to him and was holding on to his arm.Tony in the past has made him and Rachel's relationship more convincing with the taking her hand and curling her hair with his fingers also i like when he just stares in to her eyes :wub:

There is bound to be more good Tachel scenes coming up with the wedding (if it happens) and the baby and im looking forward to it so much.Ive missed Tachel not being on our screens.

Roll on January the 19th

I've always thought they were an affectionate couple right from the start of their relationship :) They were always holding hands, touching each other in same way etc, but pregnancy has brought out a whole new side to Rachel and it's lovely to see them just being so happy together. She's all glowing and bubbly and you can tell Tony is thrilled too which is lovely to see. Hopefully we'll get lots more of that during her pregnancy. I hope they don't just gloss over it completely until she goes into labour. Like i want to see them getting all excited when the baby kicks for the first time, Rachel's cravings, maybe something to do with not being able to work etc. They can do so much with it. And Tony being all protective and looking after her. Cos that's the kinda guy he is. :wub:

I am really looking forward to this year and i'm hopeful Tachel will get the scenes they deserve. I'm sure the wedding will happen, it has too :wink: And i hope they don't just brush over it in half an episode either, it deserves a whole one to itself! hehe.

About the sofa, i thought that too!!! Rachel was lying on it during an episode when Tony was still missing and she was all upset, and her legs were hanging way over the end. (and she's not the tallest woman around.)

Get it sorted H&A! :lol:

I miss H&A already!! I can't believe i'm on a computer on holiday, it's slow and annoying so i'm gonna go but wanted to post something quick!