Rachel/Tony

Cal

Favourite Tachel scene(s) - involving a regular cast members: I think the dinner after they first slept together with Colleen is one of my favourites. They were acting like two love sick teenagers, all giggly and trying not to let people realise they were an item. I also liked the scene with Tachel and Roman before they got together when Tony was acting all jealous and Roman was testing Rachel with all the warnings Tony had given him :lol: Most recently, the scene with Leah, Colleen and Jack when they found out about the baby was just lovely

Favourite Tachel scene(s) - involving a guest cast members: When Rachel found out Joe had died from Dane for many reasons. It was a really emotional scene which was acted brilliantly and showed Tony's gentlemanly side off. It was also the first time we heard him call her babe :wub: Also liked the scene where Tachel found out Sam had died from Fitszy (more regular than guest) because they supported each other brilliantly and we hadn't seen that side of them much as they were a pretty new couple.

Most memorable Tachel quote: The dialogue after they found out the vasectomy had worked. Them trying to work out a way to fit 'trying for a baby' in between wedding planning and work was hilarious. "how soon until we can start making babies" and "whenever we want, we can go home now if you like" :lol: I also loved the quote Tony said to Rachel when she started to give up on hope of them having children together, something like "More than anything, I want us to be parents, to raise a child together and to see you become a Mother." Then a bit later "It's gonna happen, no matter what. I promise you, were gonna be" He's such a sweetheart Ohh and also when he came round to her house to invite her to Dan's memorial; "Rachel, you can tell me anything you want. It makes me realise what were doing, taking things slowly, is way more sexy. Because it's way more special." There are plenty more I can think of but I wont them all of I'll be here forever!

Favourite setting that Tachel have featured in:

Favourite Tachel storyline: The pregnancy storyline is definetely one of them. It's made them a lot closer, they've had more normal, fun scenes rather than having relationship problems non stop and it hasn't ended yet! I liked the Jazz/Tachel triangle, it showed Rachel's insecurities after what Kim did to her and brought back bad memories but also showed off a very noble side of her (She was more trusting than I'd have been, letting Jazz stay at Tony's) It also showed off a sweet side to Tony, how he was too nice to spell it out to Jazz and kept having to tell her how much he loved Rachel now and had moved on from her.

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding Tachel? - Definetely. The aftermath of the wedding disaster, with Tony's infidelity and their "reunion" were dealt with dreadfully in my opinion for Tachel. He didn't even ask how she was or feel any anger towards Aden, all completely normal reactions I think. Also the way they wrote Rachel dealing with the Bridget thing frustrated me. She had every right to be jealous and angry at Bridget yet the way they wrote her scenes and the Tachel scenes just made her out to be a really nagging person and I think they could have portrayed it differently. I personally think they used Rachel to make Bridget appear really really nice so they could fool the audience, by having her keep attacking Bridget. Anothe big annoyance of mine was the screentime they got after Joe's death. During the episode, it was fantastic. But the episode after, with one scene in the whole episode where all of a sudden we learn she's been pushing Tony away? It was a wasted opportunity imo.

How would you redecorate the Tachel household? - Yer I agree with Charlene, take the pictures of Beth down. They can leave one up for respect but the ones like the Mum Rocks one and the picture of Tasha and Robbies wedding day. It's not Tony's family anymore and just seems a bit out of place to me. I quite like their house as a set though, it's nice and modern, they have a gorgeous backyard. It's a shame they don't use the set more *cough*instead of always using the gym for Tachel scenes *cough* As a Tachel fan I'd of course love for there to be more Tachel pictures up, the babys scan :wub:

Any further comments? - I love Tachel (incase you couldn't guess) but don't think they get the screentime and storylines they deserve, pretty much just because they're an "older couple" and therefore the writers think they're not as interesting. I disagree. Things which have really bugged me with the way Tachel have been written is how they have storylines which come out of nowhere. Like how in the episode where they found out they were pregnant we all of a sudden learn that they've been having problems conceiving, Rachel's gone a bit neurotic trying different ways to make it work by putting Tony on a strict diet and daily baby making regime and Tony's had enough. Where did that come from? Another example; the one year anniversary of Beth's death. The last we knew Tachel were happily engaged and if anyone, Rachel was the one to have had the doubts (because she wasn't sure if he was in the right frame of mind to be making decisions like this) However in this episode, out of the blue, we learn that Tony's been hesitating about setting a date, not because weve actually seen it, but because he apologises for it when we didn't even know he felt like that! It was poorly written. I'd like the writers to spend a bit more time developing them and not just put random scenes together for the sake of giving them a storyline. Apart from that I'm happy :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing a couple have a baby on the show who actually want to build a family and to just see some normal family scenes which have been missing lately.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favourite Tachel scene(s) - involving a regular cast members:

The scene with Leah, Colleen and Jack in the gym after they find out she's pregnant. That was just lovely. And the scene with Leah just after they've been told Joe is dead. Leah was so nice here. They showed how much she loves Rachel and it was nice to see her supporting them both. And the scene Laura mentioned. That's hilarious and Colleen was so funny! I love 'they're having more than dinner together, you mark my words,' :lol:

Favourite Tachel scene(s) - involving a guest cast members

Again the scene Laura mentioned. That for me really showed how much they love/mean to each other. The little look Tony gave Fitzy when she accuses Rachel of keeping stuff from them regarding Sam. It was pure evil.

Most memorable Tachel quote:

Everything that Laura said! Plus the whole 'i'm still hot aren't i?' little scene was really cute. When she told him she didn't want him to have the operation becasue life would be too short without him. That for me showed her much she loves him, more than having baby. And the proposal was sweet too, and when they were talking in the gym after he broke up with her on the answer phone. Pretty much all their conversations :lol: When they were on the diner early on in their relationship and Rachel was joking about catching him and Jazz in bed together, and Tony accusing her of being jealous.

The backyard of their house.

Favourite Tachel storyline:

Tachel baby!! They're both so happy and blissful it's lovely. I love how affectionate they are with each other, and it's stayed really consistent. They're a very cute, lovey dovey couple but it works so well and is really nice. And again everything Laura said. :)

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding Tachel? -

Exactly what Laura said. I don't think i need to say it all again.

How would you redecorate the Tachel household? -

Take away Beth's phots and stuff. It's so silly. Rachel needs to get her influence in that house. At least they have a Tachel photo on the fridge!

Any further comments? -

Again Laura you said it for me! It's like one mind, hehe.

Edited by KirstyEkua

Haha I think it is. It's probably because we discuss Tachel so much that I know everyone's thoughts on them ( pretty much the same as mine) Us Tachel fans are all the same! Although I did miss out the dialogue that you mentioned when Rachel didn't want him to go through with the vasectomy, I LOVED that episode, Rachel actually got most of the cute lines such as "life will be way to short if something happens to you" And of course Tony's "I sheared that sheep myself" :lol:

Favourite Tachel scene(s) - involving a regular cast members:

It was a small moment but I liked the scene in the episode shortly before Lucas left where Rachel walked in to the Surf Club and the Holden boys were about to go for their last surf. They both had beaming smiles on their faces and I thought that was really sweet.

Favourite Tachel scene(s) - involving a guest cast members:

The jokes between Rachel and Sam and the awkardness when Tony was asking Rachel out were some of my favourites. Jon and Amy work off each other so well :D. Oh and that scene just before Dan's memorial when Rachel said to Jazz 'Yeah, there's plenty of room in the back' was classic. Rachel sure doesn't mince her words, does she?!

Most memorable Tachel quote: Everything that Laura and KirstyEkua said. And the highly popular word with Tachel fans...'peanut'!

It would have to be the city, where they had their first date. That place had a great atmosphere and was also different from the usual places we see, which made a nice change. I also liked the scene in the Beth's death anniversary episode when they were on and also overlooking the beach. Beautiful :D.

Favourite Tachel storyline:

It's betwen the vasectomy reversal and Jazz storylines. I thought both of those showed some great interaction between Tony and Rachel, and other cast members, and gave us some funny moments in between all of the drama.

Are there any changes to the script that you would have made regarding Tachel?

Yes. While I think they have generally been written very well as a couple, there are a few things I would've changed after the Olympic cliffhanger. Firstly, Tony not asking how Rachel felt about the Aden situation (on-screen anyway) was something that completely baffled me. I mean, the wedding had just been called off and his fiancée had been tied up in a shed by someone they already knew and we didn't at least hear him say 'How are you?' :huh: That's definitely something that should've been shown IMO. Another thing, similar to Laura's point again, was the lack of screentime in the episode(s) following Joe's death. The actual episode where we found out was brilliant - excellent acting from everyone involved, a great script and an interesting story. Afterwards we're told that Rachel's been pushing Tony away and then...nothing. "Wasted opportunity" - I couldn't agree more!

How would you redecorate the Tachel household? -

I love it the way it is, so I don't think I'd change anything. And as for the photos of Beth and the rest of the Hunter clan, I personally think having them up is nice. I wouldn't call it silly myself. She and her family were a huge part of Tony's life and as long as Rachel doesn't have a problem with it, then I can't see any reason why they shouldn't stay.

Any further comments? -

Like Laura, who made some fantastic points, I'd like to see Tachel get the screentime and the storylines they deserve. They're very popular with fans, which is something the writers do pay attension to (most of the time anyway :P), and Amy and Jon are superb actors, something the majority agree with. Karen's made some great observations thoughtout the year about Tachel getting 'scraps' and that's exactly what's been happening IMO. Nearly all of the other couples have had a great deal of screentime, in which we've seen pretty much everything that they've spoken about and done etc. With Tachel, however, us fans have often been wondering whether scenes have been cut out, because episodes with them sometimes feel so Tachel 'empty'! It's not meant as a critism of the writers, who have done a brilliant job with them on the whole, but it's just my personal view that they deserve to get more screentime next year.

Aww thank you bttb-rox, I think pretty much all the Tachel fans agree that they're not treated as fairly as other characters. I believe the writers give them a really good deal and they've written some lovely Tachel moments for us but it seems it's the scene cutting department who aren't really Tachel fans! Scraps is exactly what they were getting for a good deal of the middle part of 2008. Still I'd prefer quality over quantity and I do believe we get that. I just think scenes with more depth would be nice, not just fleeting conversations with storylines that start and finish in the same week with no reflections after that. You're probably right about the Beth pictures actually, she should stay up because she was a part of Tony's life. I guess I'd just like to see more Tachel influence but that will probably happen more when peanut is born and the wedding! Talking of pictures, is that one of Tony and a little boy by the front door one of Jon and his son?

I remember that scene you were talking about, just before Tony, Jack and Luc's last surf; it's a really nice moment, Tony's acting all suave and Rachel's beaming :wub: I remember there was a picture of behind the scenes of that scene when Rhys left but I've never been able to find it again! I also loved Rachel's "there's plenty of room in the back :lol: " I think that's the first and only time we ever saw Rachel be 'catty' to Jazz and I liked it!

I was watching an old eppy the other day and there was something in a scene which has bemused me, someone might be able to clear it up for me. In the scene where Rachel first tells Tony that she thinks Sam is the one who kill Johnny, are Tachel playing with salt at the beginning of that scene? Tony has this huge smile on his face and it looks like he's trying to pull the salt away from Rachel haha but I've evr quite figured out what they're trying to do. It looks like they're both holding it. Just a small thing but it's been bugging me since!

I'm sure Rachel will be there for Tony completely. It's going to be sad but hopefully it'll give us some great emotional scenes. I just hope they don't have him grieving for a week or so then that's it. People get over death so quickly in soap land. And, i hope we see Rachel's pain too. She and Jack were close, and also to see Tony deal with it will hurt her too.

Hopefully the writers will take note of what we've all said about Tachel scenes for next year :lol: I remember reading an epiosde summary for a UK spoiler page for the episode when Tony comes back and it mentioned Rachel telling Tony she wanted to go see Aden becasue she understood why he did it, and Tony saying he was not happy about that. I guess that got cut at the last second. I don't for the life of me understand why they just dropped that story so fast. Everyone was asking how Aden was and no one cared about Rachel! But oh well...what's done is done.

I love the little things Tachel do. Amy and Jon do it brilliantly. Tony seems to have an obsession with kissing her hand and playing with her hair, and she rubbing his back :lol: I wonder if those little acts of affection are scripted, or is it just how Amy and Jon play it? They're a pretty affectionate couple, it's nice to see :)