Rachel/Tony

Cal

It's a shame that a lot of their conversations seem to happen off screen.I remember when they just casually dropped into conversation the fact that Tony had had a vasectomy and they'd been talking about having children and I was wondering when exactly that had all been established.And don't even start me on all that nonsense surrounding the Olympic Cliffhanger.First Rachel disappears and, on the strength of a couple of e-mails she didn't reply to, all her family and friends including Tony decided she'd run off with Hugh.I just didn't understand why they'd think so little of her.Even if Rachel had decided to leave Tony(and it's a big if), she'd have spoken to him about it or left a note, not just vanished.And then when it turned out she'd been kidnapped(for the fifth time...), no-one seemed to have any sort of reaction to it at all.Even Rachel just brushed it aside and started campaigning for Aden to be let out.I could understand her sympathising with him but you'd expect her to make sure he was put somewhere where he couldn't hurt anyone rather than being on his side.And as for Tony, I'm not even sure he had a reaction, bar the occasional half a line.There was no scene of his talking to Rachel about what happened or confronting Aden about the way he treated her.The fact that everyone just welcomed Aden back into the fold and, in a couple of cases, actually started treating him better just made it look as though they didn't care about Rachel.

Yup yup yup. I think all fans agree on this and how ridiculous the whole story was. I didn't understand why they were so quick to assume she'd ran off, when thats completely out of character for her. But i guess we have to believe they didn't know what else to think becasue she was just gone, with no clues. And they'd never think to look for her car at Aden's. Although in my mind they would have been driving around looking for her and found her car, and had agreat rescue :D Well, it was going great right up until Tony came back. It could have been a terrific storyline but they had to mess it up with Bridget (how anyone could believe he'd not only sleep, but stayed with someone so soon is beyond me) and Tony's apparant complete lack of concern for what Rachel had just been through. And everyone else in the Bay for that matter. Leah at least asked if she was ok when she picked her up at the hospital...but Rachel clearly wasn't and she was just left in her house without a second thought from anyone. I'm shocked they didn't have anything of Tony's reaction to Aden, or even Aden apologising to him, because after all he did hurt him too in a way. Ugh we could talk about this to death but it's done so i guess we gotta get over it and hope they've realised their mistake :lol:

We didn't see that much of them hanging out together before they got together, unfortunately. They talked about their 'video' nights and i remember Alf commentating on how close they'd become, but that was really it. Any Tony was always looking out for her during the hospital attacker thingy. I think that was when he realised how much he liked/cared for her, when she called him after Rev. Hall attacked her, and when she was crying on his shoulder in the hospital. I love that scene.

I do love how their friendship was played out though, they knew each other really well before it become more than friends, which is why i think it didn't really concern me that it moved fast. But we didn't really get anyone else's reactions when they started dating. It bugs me a lot. Like everyone knew they were good things, then they're holding hands and kissing and no one bats an eyelid, or even says something about it. Apart from Colleen and the whole 'they're having more than dinner together.' comment i loved that. But even then i assume she knew they were dating...but i guess they were acting all differently then cos they'd just slept together and said 'i love you,' and couldn't concentrate on anything but each other. I wish we'd see the pinch Tony gave her and Rachel shriking :lol:

I love the affection that there is between Tony and Rachel, it's something we don't really see a lot of in the other characters

I know, i noticed that too. Other couples seem to get more kissing scenes (but maybe that's to do with them being younger, cos who wants to see 'oldies' kiss? Lol.

Not that Tachel are old, but compared to the most of the other couples, well Tony is. Maybe cos Rachel is younger it's shown more, hehe) but the little bits of affection i usually miss (until Laura or Charlene tell me, lol) are the best. :) Amy and Jon must be pretty good friends. They have great chemistry together.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yer when Kim left Rachel and when Rev Hall tied her up she had Sally stay with her yet when she's chained up to a wall for a few days with a dying man next to her who shes asked to help kill and her fiance has run off without her knowing where he is, they all leave her at home on her own! They really did change the personalities of all the characters to fit into the Olympic Cliffhanger (especially Tony, LIVING with another woman after his fiancee goes missing presumed with another man... she didn't even reply to any of Hugh's emails! You'd have thought Martha would have called Hugh - they did live together! Tony got off so lightly I think) and I think the only reason Tachel got engaged so early to be honest was so they could set up the bridge going missing on her wedding day storyline. I liked that they've waited a bit to actually have the wedding (when it does happen)

I think it was nice how subtle their friendship was gradually built up. We didn't (or at least I didnt) notice them being close but now they're together, when I watch past episodes I realise how close they actually were. I remember that when Rachel first set Julie up with Tony there was an article in the paper about the fact that Rachel set him up with Julie because she was worried that he was starting to like her. It got cut out obviously and thankfully!

Was Tony meant to have pinched her leg under the table in the diner? :lol: I always wondered that lol and have always wished we'd have seen it! I guess sometimes, although it's frustrating for us, it's nice to hear about these little things that are meant to have happened. It means we can imagine them :lol:

I have always thought that they don't get many affection scenes but when I see how the other older couples are I've realise how affectionate they really are. I think it's definetely Jon and Amy improvising it, they wouldn't be able to script every little cuddle/stroke in hehe. It makes it seem so more really. I prefer the smaller shows of affection rather than the big displays to, I think it seems more realistic (which is probably why I notice them haha...and so I can tell you about it Kirsty!!) I know in an interview Amy said that her and Jon are really good friends and knew each other before the show (I think they trained together, they definetely went to the same school I know that!) They have good chemistry :wub: I like that it's not just another 'teen' romance, I find them to be on the majority, really cliche. They don't have real issues to deal with like Tachel had, all they care about is other girls stealing their boyfriend (or vice versa haha)

Thanks for the video :) Amy and Jon seem like good friends.

Haha yer when Kim left Rachel and when Rev Hall tied her up she had Sally stay with her yet when she's chained up to a wall for a few days with a dying man next to her who shes asked to help kill and her fiance has run off without her knowing where he is, they all leave her at home on her own! They really did change the personalities of all the characters to fit into the Olympic Cliffhanger (especially Tony, LIVING with another woman after his fiancee goes missing presumed with another man... she didn't even reply to any of Hugh's emails! You'd have thought Martha would have called Hugh - they did live together! Tony got off so lightly I think) and I think the only reason Tachel got engaged so early to be honest was so they could set up the bridge going missing on her wedding day storyline. I liked that they've waited a bit to actually have the wedding (when it does happen)

I know it's bad on the part of the writers. But at least the outcome was good, and it worked out for them :) I would have liked to see Tony fight a bit more for her though, instead of just 'moping' around J&M's place. But i did like it when she said she missed him too, when she went to ask him to sign the cheque for the wedding flowers. You could tell at that moment she just softened and wanted to move closer to him but she didn't.

Was Tony meant to have pinched her leg under the table in the diner? I always wondered that lol and have always wished we'd have seen it! I guess sometimes, although it's frustrating for us, it's nice to hear about these little things that are meant to have happened. It means we can imagine them

Hehe i guess her arm. Cos she was sitting opposite him so it would have been hard for him to reach under the table and grab her leg, hehe. I wish they'd kissed then, it would have given Colleen even more to talk about! :lol: I wonder when everyone figured they were more than just 'good friends.' It would have been nice to get a reaction from everyone, especially Alf who is pretty close with Tony.

In all seriousness, i think the writers have done a good job of keeping it quite realistic (bar the wedding/bridget saga obviously.) They've not really had major dramas to overcome and they made them falling in love believable. Credit also to Amy and Jon for this :)

Edited by KirstyEkua

Yeah i wish we had of got to see the "pinch" would have been fun/cute :wub: I think Colleen knew there was something going on with her "they are having more than dinner together" line.It's funny because no one even batted an eyelid when Tachel suddenly became more than just friends.

Also i wish we had have at least got to see a scene when Rachel started staying over at Tony's because it would have been priceless to see Jazz's face with jealousy.

I wonder if Jazz got an invitation to the wedding that didn't happen because when she left she said "does this mean i still get an invite to the wedding" and by the end Jazz had basicly accepted that Tony and Rachel were strong and nothing could break them not even her attempts to lure Tony into bed.

Edited by CHARL3N3x

I figured it would have been the leg because no-one would have seen that and they were trying to keep things quiet but you're probably right Kirsty. Guess we'll never know :(

I don't think Jazz would get invited, Tony sort of laughed it off as if to say "yeah right" :lol:

I agree about their relationship being realistic. I'm glad they didn't become a couple with loads and loads of drama because it can take away from the naturalness and the little scenes with them are actually my favourite. The writers have done a really good job with Tachel I think and they've found something to do with Tony. I think he's had more storylines last year than he has in his whole time in the show :lol: Seems the beginning of this year will also be just as big if not bigger from what weve seen (and will hopefully be throughout the year) He's a really good actor and they should give him a chance to show that.

Ooh thank god a Tachel fan has come online :) ive been waiting ages for someone to talk to :D yeah Tony laughed but they were really good friends and if my friend had done things wrong in the past and was trying to turn their life around i would give them the benefit of the doubt!

Edited by CHARL3N3x

Haha I get like that sometimes, hanging around just incase a Tachel fan comes online. You're right actually, maybe she will come back for this next one. I'm not sure she's ever going to get over Tony (he was the only guy who ever treated her right) so it would be pretty difficult for her to be there I think. I'm not sure whether her making Rachel sick pushed the limits with Tony though, he was happy for her to leave and just said he didn't want them to part on bad terms so agreed to make up. I don't think she'll be on his Christmas card list! :lol:

I've been re-watching Tachel eps on youtube but I neeeed to see new material NOW haha. I think the wait is more difficult now the closer it gets than it was 7 weeks ago. Rachel will probably get a bump pretty soon on :wub: I think (and hope) were going to get some amazing stuff from Tony and Rachel early this year. The only thing that worries me (sad I know) is

the fact that Rachel's on Bridget's case 4 days after her fiance's son dies. I hope the writers justify this or Rachel's popularity is going to hit rock bottom again and I don't think I'll be able to defend her this time.

I should wait until next week I know but I just really want to see it done properly, with Rachel supporting Tony :(

Edited by charmed60

Yeah and i can't wait to see the bump , it better not just randomly appear from one episode to the next if you get what i mean.Im watching Tachel stuff too haha passes the time :wub: we need new material though and Rachel should be getting like cravings and stuff soon shouldn't she? Ooh i can't wait for the baby's first kick :wub:

There must be a reason behind Rachel going after Bridget so soon.Maybe it's her only chance before she does a runner with all the money.

Edited by CHARL3N3x

Maybe. I just hope it's a reeeallly good reason and it's not forgotten about. Rachel seems to have been quite lucky so far, no morning sickness or pregnancy 'symptoms' yet, I hope they do write in the little things like the baby kicking :wub: I'm so excited for it haha. I hope it happens when Tony's there to so he can feel it to.

This is a totally random comment but something I've noticed from all this Tachel viewing I've been doing. Rachel always does her hair up with her own hair doesn't she? If you get what I mean? That's so cool, I wish I could do that!