Rachel/Tony

Cal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was going to adopt Joe, only for him to be taken from her at the last second. Then he comes back into her life, his mother has left him, he's suffering from cancer and his step dad doesn't do anything to help the situation. Of course she was going to try and do what's best for him. I don't think you ever lose the bond you have with a child, especially one you were going to adopt and fell in love with. I've cared for kids in Africa who i still think about all the time and love them as much as i would my own children. So it doesn't just go away. It's very hard to not get involved emotionally, and even though what she did with Joe wasn't the best thing, she just didn't want to see him suffer.

Yes she was wrong not to talk to Tony about it but sometimes she thinks with her heart and not her head and she did eventually see sense. To be honest i think she's been really understanding of Tony and some of the silly things he's done. Like what woman would be happy having her boyfriends ex living with him, when it's obvious she still really likes him. And i think he got off lightly on the whole 'Bridget' thing. Rach is not perfect. I think she is too strong for her own good and needs to stop trying to take charge of everything. But there's nothing wrong with being a strong, feisty woman, thats one of the reasons i love her so much.

But i love her and Tony together. They make a really great couple, and it's obvious they love each other very much. I hope now she's pregnant we'll see a new side to her, and Tony taking the lead for once.

I can see what you are saying yet she always takes it upon herself to make everything better and its damn whoever doesnt agree!

No one is perfect. If they were it would be pretty boring to watch.

Anyways.

I'm hoping this baby storyline will be a chance for Tachel to get lots of screen time together. And hopefully some good drama's along the way for Amy and Jon to get stuck into. It's been a long time since there was a pregnant women on H&A and i'm looking forward to seeing how the writers decide to play it out, especially to see what's going to happen to Rachel's career. And i hope it'll bring out another side to Tony. A more protective, manly side. I want to see him taking charge for once.

It's lovely they now have something to deal with together, as a couple. Sometimes i think the writers forget they're engaged. And i'm still holding out for that wedding. :lol:

I hope Rachel and Tony become a long term couple. It's desperately needed i think. And i don't see how they can possibly break them up now, after everything that's happened and they're still strong together. They've survived a lot of things together that would break a lot of couples. It's nice to show a couple not just giving up when things get a little rough.

To me there was a shift in Tony and Rachel's relationship after the pregnancy 'discovery'.

There seemed to be some communication issues last Friday when Tony was complaining about it being too 'clinical' to Jack and there was Tachel tension in the Diner. However we can only imagine this as we never got to see much of it! :angry:

Then when they discovered they were pregnant it seemed to 'seal the deal'. The real closeness between them that we have all been waiting to see was suddenly there. Don't get me wrong, they have been close since the beginning but there was definately something different about them on Monday. Let's hope there will be a wedding in the forseable future. :D But there is bound to be some drama lurking over the horizon... lets just hope whatever it is will let them build on their relationship and bring them closer together. Like I and others have said before, the show needs a stable couple. But not too stable as that usually equals dull! :P

lets just hope whatever it is will let them build on their relationship and bring them closer together. Like I and others have said before, the show needs a stable couple. But not too stable as that usually equals dull!

I really hope you're right. I think it would be pretty silly if they were to split them up now, or have some drama that causes them to break up. It happens all too often, and i'm getting bored of couples constantly splitting up, then a few months later the same with someone else. Of course not too stable, hehe but stable enough to be able to survive any drama they have together. Hopefully the baby will provide that for us.

I've always thought they were pretty close, i dont think the writers gave it enough time to develop properly though. They built up this lovely friendship with them, then had them dating all nice and slow then engaged and next thing you know Rach is locked in a shed on her wedding day. :lol:

The real closeness between them that we have all been waiting to see was suddenly there. Don't get me wrong, they have been close since the beginning but there was definately something different about them on Monday

Can you eloberate a little please? I didn't really notice anything different, just that it was so nice to see Rach being happy!

Yeah i was annoyed they fast-tracked the whole getting pregnant. I don't think they should have had the Joe storyline, instead they should have had Tachel working things out (cos it was pretty traumatic what happened, for both of them, and after not talking for like a week suddenly it's all fine) and just being together. They could have had so much fun with the trying to get pregnant, and explored it a little more.

Karen I agree with you! I think the main difference between the way their relationship was portrayed is that EVERY scene they acted like a couple, hugging, kissing, holding hands etc. Sometimes they have stupid scenes like that one where Jack was at the hospital with Tony, Rachel walked around to tell Jack how Martha was and apart from a quick smile, she didn't acknowledge Tony in anyway (the scriptwriters fault not Amys...just incase anyone thought I was blaming her!) Plus they were a lot more flirty and happy whereas lately a lot of their scenes have had to involve tension and disagreement. And Rachel moaning to Tony :lol: I hope this new shift sticks and they act like that more often!

I really wish we had seen more of Rachel's concerns about the baby, we heard Tony's but apart from some unsure glaces at Leah we got nothing. I would also have rather Joe didn't come back (although the episode he died had awesome acting by Amy and I loved Tony in that episode for how loving he was) and we could have seen more of their problems, it's a very real issue. They're meant to have had problems like a lot of people do yet all weve seen on screen is Tony having a miraculous vasectomy reversal and Rachel getting pregnant within 2 months. Seeing these scenes rather than just always hearing about them is important, if I wanted to hear about them I'd read a book. Plus there could have been some comical scenes within them trying to get pregnant. :lol:

I agree... their struggle to have a baby could have been a really good storyline but we have only seen tiny bits of this. It could have been so good and given Jon and Amy something to get their teeth into. I didn't mind the Joe storyline but I think they could have followed that with more 'making babies' troubles. And I think that comical scenes, in the beginning, could have been really good thing! I can just see Rachel standing on head so 'things' swim in the right direction! And Tony having to wear loosely fitting pants! :lol: Then they could have moved onto the more serious aspects of it and the despair they both felt at be unable to conceive. I am obviously happy they are pregnant I just think it was a missed opportunity.

The real closeness between them that we have all been waiting to see was suddenly there. Don't get me wrong, they have been close since the beginning but there was definately something different about them on Monday

Can you eloberate a little please? I didn't really notice anything different, just that it was so nice to see Rach being happy!

Pretty much what Charmed said above! I think there was noticable difference in the levels of affection on Monday which seemed to come with the happiness. We have saw some affection before but it seems to be more of a two way thing now. More often than not it is Tony showing affection to Rachel but on Monday it seemed more equal. Tony has always been there as a shoulder to cry on when Rachel was having troubles but when couples show an equal amount of affection their relationship seems more real and believable.

Looking back I think one of my favourite bits of the Sam's 'Murder' storyline was the Tachel scene when Lara told them what happened to Sam. They were showing concern for each other at various times. When Rachel was upset, Tony was comforting her and when Tony was upset Rachel was rubbing his back.